Honored Contributor

@embgm --that is great! Not only for you but for DIL---And really---have a good time. It's nice to get away from all your caregiving for a little while--your brain needs it. 

PAM

Respected Contributor

Hi Em, Sorry to hear about everything you are going through right now. My cousin had covid and a month later he developed bronchitis. Steroids, inhalers and antibiotics. It took aound 2 months for it to clear. He is now doing well. It'[s a slow road to recovery with this. 

Glad your DIL is doing better. They will monitir her closely.

I could never drive 4 hrs so I give you a lot of credit. I can get lost in a cardboard box. You have a great time.

Honored Contributor

Hey Em--How did the wedding go? And how did your family do while you were gone? Did you have a good time?

jackie--I never drove anywhere that long/far  either--never liked driving to begin with and especially now-- How is Fran doing? 

Well ----my left foot--that had a stress fracture in the 3rd metatarsal--- and was giving me grief for months-- is miraculously healed and I am able to walk normal again---why and how--I have no idea, but am  back to DD and me doing our walking 5 miles over the weekends again. I wear my super duper shoes and am very careful how I walk---and got the medicare snafu worked out regarding my new chiro---that took weeks of calling them-----so going back to see him today. Medicare was not going to cover any costs at all---now I have to find a new rx plan as the one I have now,  is increasing by $28 a month!!!  Other than that--all is normal and boring----ok with me!!

Weather here is continuing on as summer--warm and dry, no rain now for weeks and weeks-- but the smoke from the fires  near the mountains is bad--everyday the air quality is moderate to unhealthy depending on the winds and time of day--I have a cough now and use my mask when I go out. Won't let stripey cat out on the balcony either----still have the fans, a/c running and added an air purifier too---constant noise---Woman Frustrated

PAM

-

Valued Contributor

Wedding was fantastic! The bride's family has money and I have never been to such an opulent wedding and will probably never be at one again. Cocktail hour began at 5, reception with a 14 piece orchestra was from 6-11 and the after party in another ballroom turned into a disco was from 11-2. Open bar all those hours.  Filet Mignon and chicken breast entrees on every dinner plate along with veggies and risotto. Wedding attendance was 246. Can you imagine? Full breakfast from 9-11 the following morning. What fun we had!
    Now to business. My DIL is back in the hospital and was told she would be delivering our granddaughter within the next 4 weeks. They are giving her meds to improve the development of the baby's lungs and brain. They are in a timing scenario of keeping the baby in uterus as long as they can without harming mom or baby. She is 30 weeks and it would be great if she made it to 34 weeks.
    The NICU docs are slowly giving my son and dil info as-to  what to expect  when the baby is born ... her size, feeding tube, cpap  machine etc. It seems everyday they give more info to them to absorb. They are very anxious but are getting lots of love and support from both families and friends and prayers are respectfully requested. 

My husband stayed home from the wedding and is still coughing a bit. The cough just won't go away. 
     So there you have it the drama continues!   Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm ---good grief--I didn't know about what your DIL and son are going thru with this new baby!! Sending many good thoughts your way---amazing ways for treating this issue these days--and thank heavens you are getting more info---just need to keep re assuring mom that she will be fine!! 

Wow--what a wedding!! would be so much fun to go to a swanky one, just once.Did you party til dawn???Woman Wink

glad hubby did well--not sure what to do about his cough. I got a tiny cough about the time I was going thru round 2 of chemo---just a little cough , like a  clearing your throat cough and that was 10 years ago. Has stayed with me since and have had a couple xrays that showed nothing---I take a daily OTC allergy pill and squirt nose spray too. Seems my allergies are year round now---but if I don't do those things, that cough can get more than annoying.---and the last month here where I live, near Seattle, the wildfire smoke has been blowing where I am and that has really kicked up this cough. I mask up if I go out--which is not often--

Am tired of drama--aren't you? 

PAM

Respected Contributor

Hi all, Couldnt write it was Yom Kippur. I loathe this holiday. 25-27 hrs of fasting. Can't do a bloody thing. This is one holiday even the secular Jews are afraid of. Your asking the lord to put you in the book of life for another year and you fast and atone for your sins. It's over, I survived.

Em, glad to hear you had a wonderful time at the wedding. DIL will be safer in the hospital where she can be monitored. We use to give Mag sulfate for pre eclampsia. It can be a bit depressing being stuck in a hospital bed so the more visitors she gets the happier she will be. Just tell her that the time will go by quickly and she will be holding her beautiful baby girl in her arms. Hope husband is doing a bit better. 

Pam, Fran is doing well. She is being discharged by her visiting nurse next week. Her bed sores are healed. The physical therapist is still coming though.Happy to hear that your foot healed up. 

Not a bad week except my crown fell out. Have an appointment Monday with the dentist.  . Got my moderna booster. Now for the flu shot in another week. No reaction. Arm just hurts. No big deal. Also I thought I was having a teleconferencing call with my pain management Dr. He just called and said I will renew your medication. Well that was easy. 

Valued Contributor

We are getting closer to delivery of my granddaughter. My Dil BP was spiking all day. She is now on the magnesium drip. The docs came in and told her not to eat anything. He also discussed the delivery procedures with them. My son and her mom are sleeping in her room with her. Each day it is harder to get control of her BP. I so wish delivery could wait a few weeks , but I don't think that is in the cards. All reports concerning the baby are very good! Her BP is recorded every 15 minutes. Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm ---em---is your DIL's BP due to her being pregnant or is it an issue she deals with normally?  Glad she is allowed to have  her mom and hubby in with her--so glad the baby is well----but man, puts you on pins and needles doesn't it---are there names for this new baby? 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---geez--stupid teeth!!!! I need to find a dentist again too--time for my 6th month exam.

Glad Fran is better --does she actually do what the p/t person asks of her? And how old is she?

Not much going on here--the weather has been weird-- temps in the mid-to upper 70"s: We should be around 60-65 and no rain for the last 3 months!! the smoke is pretty bad every day there is no wind that blows it away--I wear a KN mask when I go outside. Have been sorting thru paperwork and getting rid of the clothes I don't wear anymore--have 3 bags full now and a box of Clarks shoes that are too small--Woman Sad

Need to get both flu and Moderna shots still--will do one at a time tho. Other than that------boring!!!!!!!Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@embgm ---em---is your DIL's BP due to her being pregnant or is it an issue she deals with normally?  Glad she is allowed to have  her mom and hubby in with her--so glad the baby is well----but man, puts you on pins and needles doesn't it---are there names for this new baby.  
     She has had bouts of high BP when not pregnant and has been on meds for it before. She has a placenta issue now. No delivery last night. Our family motto is "One More Day" !  Her name is Thea Jo! Last night was very nerve wracking. Didn't sleep well waiting for the phone to ring. Today BPis improved due to the magnesium drip, but she feels horrible from the side effects. Em