Honored Contributor

AND...Woman Sad......I just got results back from the MRI I had on my foot that has been giving me grief for months---ended up having a stress fracture on the 3rd metatarsal and need a boot for a couple months!!! So there is #3 in "things come in 3's" saying!! You know, after getting no satisfying results, meaning--"everything looks fine --I can't see any problems-- for many of my ails--it is unexpected, knowing there is somthing wrong and then it proving true-- but not happy with any of it of course--but now I  can fix it maybe!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Well Pam. at least you got your answer. I loved my boot. Was in it for 3 months for my cuboid fractures because I wouldn't behave. He said stay off of it so Jackie goes shopping with her cart across the street. It wasn't healing. When he finally xrayed it again after 3 months he said time to get out of it. I said I'm attached to it. Ha Ha. You'll be fine. There are different kinds of boots. 

No I am not having fun here. She's a pain in the neck. I helped the aide change her and noticed she was breaking down. No good. The visiting nurse was pushing physical therapy and she refused. I called the case manager today and said stop mentioning physical therapy to her. She has her own therapist. Just deal with her pressure sores for now. So I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back. Fran said you can't fix this. i said no I can't. They have special creams and gel pads that she can order. Someone shoot me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JackieHN --the big take away in all of this is---FINALLY, I have answers and NO,  I am not a hypercondriac--these are real ailments with some reasonable  ways of dealing with them. I have appts with my GI dr in early Sept and then go get my boot when I feel better. 

So jackie--is this  about Fran? What has happened to her that you are dealing with---I mean there is always something, but is this the  most recent thing?

Tomorrow--Sept 1--I am supposed to start getting my monthy $$ from the "idiots" union  as well as a hefty  back pay sum ---I also figured out how to transfer the last good sized lump sum of the "idiots" pension, that was in Texas, into an account here where I live--in WA state!!! That should be today.--- if everything goes right. So that big, ugly chapter will be over and done and the book closed----what a long, stressful, maddening, year and 1/2 that has been.  May the force be with me!!!!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

And the week continued. Had to get Fran back into the visiting nurse system which I did. Able to talk to her original nurse. The social worker gave me the wrong number of the people who handle the cases. In fact she gave me a clerk. I just said someone shoot me. The nurse said she refused care. I said no she refused a physical therapist. Now you need to get back here because she is breaking down. Fax me this fax me that. Fine. i did and the nurse showed up that night.. She said your right this has to be treated. She is calling her Dr and they will go over her medication and treatment. In the meantime they told me to get her A&D with zinc. So I did. I told Fran my job is done. You have your own personal nurse that you can torture. She wants me there when the nurse comes. I said no. Go bond with her. 

Tomorrow we are going to his aunts. She said you bring the food and cook. I did the menu because he wanted to make lasagna. I said good you make the sauce which should take you awhile. He said what is your suggestion. I said I large antipasto, steak. and some potatoes. Cake for desert. She doesn't eat that much. 

Pam I don't know how your pensions work there. In NY they do not deduct state and city tax. Only federal. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---I have to say this again--you are an amazing woman---all you do for Fran--I commend you!!!🌼🌺

I believe the taxes for pensions are federal here. I know social security is very heavily taxed !!! Down right, highway robbery in my opinion. 

But as of Sept 1st---I have officially, gotten all the $$ due to me  regarding the divorce---I have NO more issues to wait for and it all is in my hands now!!! Onward and upward!!! Took 18 months from start to finish-----how did I make it ??? 

Lannie---I need a BIG parade now !!!

The funny thing is--I didn't know I would be getting another monthly amount from the"idiots" pension, FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!--was a total surprise to me and I am sure "idiot" didn't  know that either--which makes me giggle--he was hoping for a cheap way out----IDIOT !!!!Woman LOL

So this week I have an appt to see my GI dr--I love that guy--and will have much to talk about. Am on day 9 of 10 days of anti-b's for the diverticulitis, and am feeling so much better--actually took a walk with DD and had breakfast out yesterday.  Still watching my diet.

Have to see my orthopedic dr--I love him too!-- about my stress fractures to my toes to get a walking boot---grrrr--but at least it doesn't hurt to walk. Stripey cat is doing well--looks like she is gaining some weight back. 

So--------am ready for boring, mundane things again--for no drama or aggravation least that I can control.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

OK I'm here. Went to the dentist and had a tooth yanked. There was a lot of crowding on the bottom and it had to go. Now i look like the toothless wonder. My dentist said he will fix it all. Something about bonding. I know nothing about teeth. 

Ms Fran is doing OK. I told Fran that her therapist Ben is unreachable and she really needs to see their folks. She agreed. The therapist came the other day after I told the nurse let's proceed with this. I wouldn't want me there either. This is all such simple stuff for me.  these visiting nurse agencies are the same. The more cases you take the more you make.. Your lucky if they spend 15 minutes with each patient. They do have infusion and wound care nurses who get paid more. They can make a pretty penny. Plus is they are not in a hospital setting. Drawback is there is a lot of charting.

Pam you lucked out with the pension. You mean if he dies you still get his pension. That is wonderful. Do you have your boot on yet?? By the way where is the idiot??. 

Nothing much happening this week. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --hey jackie!!!

No boot yet--am having 2nd thoughts about it---not sure why, but my toes actually feel just fine--but I haven't been out doing much walking in the past couple months--DD and I walked to town for our weekly errands yesterday  and all was fine--wore my good walking shoes---first time on a substantial walk for  weeks--- am thinking with this stupid boot--it may make me limp more as it will make my bad side taller and pretty sure I don't have a shoe that tall to go on the good foot to even me out--then that plays havoc with my back and hip from being so unbalanced---will need to talk to the dr maybe-

Now dealing with medicare --they pay some bills using my medicare insurance and then they revert back to my former insurance and nothing gets paid---so annoying!!

Yes---I do get the pension for the rest of my life-----as well as when the idiot dies, I get part of his social security too---I am positive he doesn't have a clue about either one of those pluses due me--and if he did --OMG--it would irk him no end--and that----makes me giggle!!!Woman LOL I know he is still working--and think he is still living in the same place--but not sure and really and truly---I don't give a rat's-----cabooseWoman Wink

Thank heavens that the weather has cooled down now----and fall is in the air----so tired of hearing fans and a/c units going on and on and on----stripey cat is looking very good, now that I know what her issues are and have the right meds for her--she has IBD and thyroid issues. She needs her teeth cleaned next month--

DD and I have decided to stay in this apartment for another year--not totally happy about that but I did sign up for a 8 x 10 ft garage here,  so I can move my stuff out of a storage unit to be closer to us--I miss my stuff!! And need to see exactly WHAT I put in there. Plus this garage is way cheaper than the storage unit--Am #4 on the waiting list -----

OK--glad to hear from you!! Now I need to order groceries -----the cubboards are bare!!!

PAM--

p.s.---I hate teeth!!!!!Woman Mad

Valued Contributor

My husband, due to his asthma is still sick from covid. He has been sick since the first week of August. Although he tests negative , doctors told us that covid caused severe inflammation in his bronchial tubes and lungs. He has wheezing and coughing and shortness of breath still. He was in the hospital a few weeks ago and given IV steroids to ease his breathing. He has been on three rounds of oral steroids. This has been very scary for us. 
My DIL who is 29 weeks pregnant has been in the hospital twice this week with severe headaches , swelling and very high blood pressure. She has Gestational Hypertension and is being monitored for preeclampsia. 

I am going 4 hours away to my nephews wedding this weekend.I am somewhat anxious about the trip due to all these issues.  My husband is not attending. Pulmonologist told us it's too risky for him.He is at risk for catching the flu or any sickness. In the meantime he has a lesion on his prostate that is classified as a high risk for significant cancer. His biopsy has been postponed twice due to his current condition. Now it's scheduled for November.  

Prayers are definitely requested for the best outcomes for all these issues. Thank you! Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm --geez,  em!! what a full plate you have going on!! Very sorry to hear all your issues!! Of course I wish you well-----and hope you can enjoy the wedding a little---and most of all--YOU---stay healthy!!! sounds like you are a big tube of glue holding it altogether!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

.    Update: My DIL's meds have been changed again and her Blood Pressure has finally come down. Now I feel much more comfortable going out of town for my nephew's wedding tomorrow. Em