Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---that is no lie!!! 

Tomorrow I start p/t for my knees---let's see how that goes---and then to get my 2nd booster--let's see how that goes???!!! The first one was no big deal---then back to the ortho dr for injection in my shoulder next week I think.----this one will  not  be a steroid--can't remember what he called it. Have bad reactions to cortisone shots. Was going to chiro Tuesday but think I won't as he gave me a whoopin' on my neck last time that caused some problems.

so ants are gone---bug guy came and said if they come back to let apt office know---haven't seen them at all. 

Was pretty nice day Saturday--today---downpour. this spring has been so wet and very chilly---not many days even close to the 60's. 

Honored Contributor

Dang it!! Ants are back!!! They are in the laundry closet--so will let the bug guy set the traps on Friday---little monsters!!

I got my 2nd booster yesterday--have a very sore, red, arm but that's all. The thing that makes me groan is from the p/t for my knees--geez, am pretty sore from the very few things I have to do---so will do my home work and maybe work out the kinks---I go back Thursday, then 2x a week for at least 4 and maybe 6 weeks.

Still waiting for paperwork to finish up the cash I am owed from the"idiot". I keep calling the pension people and they always say oh we are so backed up----I want to scream at them!!! 

grrrrrr!!!--pam

Respected Contributor

Oh goodness about the ants. You can't even use Raid. it would stink up the whole room. When the pandemic was full force unless you had a problem the exterminator wouldn't come to every apartment so I called them and asked what gel they used. We have a history of roaches in the building.. I bought it on Amazon and did it myself. 

Sorry about your P/T with your knee. However if all of the pain will help in the long run you just have to bite the bullet. I need to get this finger fixed. It really hurts. 

You need the patience of a saint to deal with pension people. From my experience with my pension keep hounding them. You'll eventually get someone competent to straighten out your problem.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Geez, covid numbers are going up again. My friends laugh at me because I don't leave the house unless I have to. I said there is no place I want to go to. amazon fresh delivers everything and in some things they are cheaper than the supermarkets.They have wonderful organic produce and they have my soda.Your supermarkets are much better than ours here. 

Fell the other night thanks to husband. We have the equivalent of the roomba made by shark. Husband decides to do the kitchen and blocks off the dining room with a case of water. Well, Jackie had to run to the bathroom and didn;t see the water. He never turned on the lights. It was 6:30pm. The machine is very quiet. I'm semi deaf anyway so I didn't hear it. Over I went. Nothing broken. Just bloody sore. Not only do I have to make this house

senior proof now husband proof. 

Lannie how are you feeling

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ----good grief!!! really!! is he trying to kill you?? 

Yes there are more covid cases here too--people just can't get it thru their thick skulls that this thing is not over and prob will never will be!!! I go out but always wear a mask indoors and stay away from crowded places---not that is a sure thing and am sure we all will get it sooner or later---but would like NOT to get sick!!!

Yes I will call the union next week---seems like I call every 2 weeks--it's been almost 2 months since this part has been in the works----but lawyers said that they and I, are done--they just want to know when I get the $$.  would like a nice big refund from them--- fat chance, right!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi all!!

2nd booster shot was pretty easy except this time my arm swelled a little, got very sore and now has a hard spot at the injection site--was red and hot-ish--but not much else--p/t was what did me in--man was I sore . going in today for more torture Woman Embarassed

And--finally, after me calling for weeks, to the "idiots" union about my portion of the pension--I got paperwork to get it started at least--but will take another month to get it done----was on the phone for a few hours trying to find out what some of gobbly guck was about---so basically--will have to sit and wait for the various paperwork packs to roll in---what a joke!!! Now I will need a tax person to sort it all out as everything is taxable---another rip-off--

Was a crazy , windy, messy storm that rolled thru yesterday--many trees, leaves, branches,down,  power outages all around western WA. these storms happen in the late fall and winter usually, - at my place it was sunny too--just craziness.  Now this weekend it is supposed to be nearing 70 and lovely!!!  My plants need some sun, they are not doing much yet---

Honored Contributor

OK friends------where the heck are you?? It's been weeks since I've heard from you?? Everyone ok?

Today I go see my onc dr. for what is hopefully the last appointment. Man-- it was tough trying to get in to see her--usually my appts are scheduled for the next  year . but no one called me about one until I messaged my team--and then had to bug them about the labs I get before hand. 

So what has been going on? Nothing much here---still dealing with getting my $$ from the divorce-- dealing with the pension managment people and the union still, those people are horrible------ but not having to deal with lawyers anymore . They want me to write a review so they can ask for a raise--have you ever heard of that?? Have been mulling it over before I write one--want it to be short and sweet and to the point--no one will get a raise from me!!!

How was your 4th? Geez--thought being in an apartment complex, fire works would not be a thing but the dumb ******es across the parking lot set off huge illegal ones for a few hours---and these are dog friendly apts---everyone has dogs, so am surprised that no one jumped all over those people. Stripey cat growled and hid and ended up sleeping with me as she gets frantic in her kennel--she was a very well behaved sleeping mate too--stayed put, no trying to  sleep on me  or lick or scratch--- 

OK-- hope things are good!!

Valued Contributor

Hi wagirl...

I don't post often, but I do read everyone's posts--was wondering what happened to all of the ladies. I thought everyone decided to call or privately e-mail each other and stopped posting here---guess I was wrong?

Hope everyone has been well. I had a PET scan in May and it came back as "clear"--which means no indication that my cancer has returned or spread. My husband and I continue to stay home most of the time(since the pandemic started)--we get a LOT of home deliveries! Our dog Remy is doing fine--enjoying the warm weather.

I do hope everyone continues to post all of their news and stories in this forum---I try to keep up with all of you even though I don't have much to say.

Big Hugs,

Gracies/Remy's Mom

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom ---well hello!!! so glad to hear from you. I don't know what has happened with jackie and lioness---

Congrats on the clear PET scan--clear is always a good thing. My onc dr cut me loose this last appointment---said I can see her every year if I want ,  but really don't need to. I stopped taking my meds the beginning of this year as they were causing some issues--been on them since 2013 and dr wanted me on them for 10 years--just a year short of that. 

Glad to hear Remy is good--my stripey cat has a thyroid issue--have to rub a med in her ears daily --she got so skinny and was ravenous all the time---but now she looks better --- still likes her squishy food and am adding whole milk yogurt to her diet to plump her up. She is an old lady at 12 years, but she looks great. 

Weather here has been more wet, cool and stormy, but when July 5th hits, it turns to summer---Am growing many lilies on my tiny balcony in pots, that are all  budded out and ready to bloom----this is the month they start showing their stuff!!  Have beautiful herbs too---

OK--friend--glad to hear from you!! 

pam

Respected Contributor

I'm here. I thought no one was interested in the board anymore. It was only Pam and myself posting. 

Happy to hear that your pet scan was negative and Remy is doing well. I go out when I have to otherwise I stay in. The Covid numbers are going up here and the varient that's around is not so mild. So like you I order in. 

Pam, still no money yet?? Try not to get crazy over it. I know it's frustrating

Stomach has sorted itself out. I take one digestive enzyme before meals and that seems to have calmed things down.

Took myself out the other day. Got my hair done. I get to the salon and the receptionist said Joey called in. I said no one called me. I just stood there and said out loud. Well someone is doing my hair. Tommy said I'll do it. Don't get upset. Also had my eyebrows done. It felt so good. I was so upset. It's very difficult getting a parking spot there. So when I got one I was happy. My girlfriend told me. Just let it go. He just went through with a divorce. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He wanted it;.

The 4th. Husband and I had a Nathan's frankfurter and watched Dr Strange. Horrible movie. Going back to my British Mysteries.