Respected Contributor

Pam - I have so much to say to you about financial planner!  Beware - I would never go to a man one again, they just don't realize a woman's circumstances or needs like they should. And they love their commissions. I've lost thousands following their advice, just because they knew I had money to invest. 

The other important thing is to know what you want your money to do for you at this point in your life. Do you need some or all of it for income, to help you live?  Do you want some for growth?  This should all be taken to consideration as to how and in what your money should be invested in. I finally found a gal who charged by the hour and did not take any commission on her recommendations and my subsequent investments. 

I was wondering about the freedom feeling we divorced women have - you seem to have gotten it!!  It's just an indescribable good feeling that puts a smile on your face!

Jackie - put me in line for the train wreck, lol!  That is exactly what I feel like, just chugging along, slowly breaking down without enough fuel .....

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---totally agree with you on all accounts---have decided to cancel that appt with that guy. If I were 30 yrs younger with what I have now, it would make more sense to invest--but not at age 67and not with the chaos going on in the world right now----

yes, there is a temendous weight off my whole being in regards to being divorced---things seem different, calmer, not feeling edgy with what could/needs to happen or waiting to have them  happen--finally. Now I am dealing with my medical stuff and medicare----and how to start it. but I will figure it all out as I have for most my life. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Divorce is like opening up all of the windows and smelling the fresh air again after years of putting up with it all. You'll be much happier. He was terrible to you and you didn't deserve it. Now you take care of you. 

I have my mother in law's financial advisor. He was very good to her, made her a lot of money. Personally I would check  with family and friends to see who they know. Here everyone knows someone. I wouldn't go into it blind. They do have income bearing accounts which may be for you.

Went to my pain management Dr this week and got my meds and my usual 7 injections in my neck. We are going to do Tele medicine in Oct so I don't have to drive an hour out there. 

Hey lannie, if I had the money I would buy a train and call it the train wreck express and travel the country. It wasn't funny but yet it was at breakfast. Either someone was limping or they couldn't  lift their arms. I said I think nursing did us in big time. My girlfriend is a retired detective. 2 hip replacements already. Lord we really need a sense of humor for all of this stuff or else we'd lose our minds.

Respected Contributor

Well I think I'm ready for the train wreck express. Fell on Tues in the house over a box of iced tea. Just got the delivery and genius didn't move it out of the way. Nothing broken. Just banged up a bit. Sort of put a hamper on my birthday Weds. We were suppose to go out for dinner. I'm shuffling like a really old person. Shoulder hurts. We were only going to the pub on the corner. They have delivery so the pub came to us. Watched my British mystery and was happy. 

My cousin called and said that this nut job who shot up the subway was all over the news in California. I said Wow. I told her there are plenty more like him out there. Everyone is scared here. This is no way to live. 

Lannie, my friend called from spokane and said his friend is having surgery next week on his trigger finger. I'm really curious to see how it goes for him. Mine is getting really bad. 

Pam how are you doing??

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ----Geez----am so sorry you fell!!  WE don't  bounce like we use to---and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  You have been thru alot so far this year!!!  I think the genius needs a work-over with Mr 2x4!!!  

I think there is a pandemic of crazy whacko, nut jobs evrywhere--wish there was a booster for that!! but they got him ---

I  am ok, I guess. Still waiting on the outcome of the pension $$ the"idiot" still owes me--and just paid an  enormous wad of $$ to the IRS that I owed from selling the house--that hit me hard----but the thing is--"idiot" has to pay prob close to triple what I paid as he also gets dinged from the house sale as well as his social security and what he made from his job last year--and all without me to claim that married deduction. and even better--he has NO idea what to do or what he needs to file as I did the taxes. that makes me so happy!!!! Woman Very Happy

took stripey cat in for her re check on Tuesday to see how the thyroid meds are doing--and all her labs were right where they are supposed to be. will still be on them but the small dosage seems to be right. And she got her shots too. I am pretty happy about that----

going to my brothers for Easter--we decided to have the few people invited, all family,  bring whatever they want--I am doing stuffed manicotti shells with a delicious cream sauce, sliders and a choc banana cake. DD is making a chinese chicken salad, not sure what DS is bringing--but my brother will do a shepards pie--all things we make that are favorites---kind of a mish mash of stuff------

OK well hopefully you are feeling better day by day----

Lannie --do your parade thing--but make it jackie safe!!!!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. We went out to dinner. I had the salmon which worked for my stomach. I can't eat heavy food anymore. it was semi crowded. You lose either way whether you cook or go out. Food is so darn expensive now. The only saving grace about going out is that you don't have to shop, cook it or clean up. Anyway I hardly go out for dinner anymore so to me it was worth it. I was walking like I needed a walker. Everything hurts. 

My girlfriends told me they made their bathrooms fall proof. A good mat and those handles to hold onto in the shower. We all have one fear. Breaking a hip. On a tile floor it wouldn't take much.

Pam glad to hear that stripey cat is doing well. You must be some good cook. dYour dish sounds wonderful. 

Off to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---Yes Easter was very nice---just the few family members that are in our bubble---and the weather was lovely too--today--back to rain!!Woman Indifferent  My dishes were very good--I fix things my DS will eat --he is vegetarian so I fixed stuffed pasta shells using the Impossible Meat brand meatballs with red sauce and then one stuffed with a ricotta cheese, and  mushroom mixture inside then a luscious alfredo sauce over top. made a choc banana wacky cake too. took nothing home--everyone else took the leftovers. DS and his  SO made a glorious charcuterie board with so many lovely things on it--was the hit of the day

My tub/shower has bars in it too---I would like a walk in tub/shower myself--

Paid my taxes already--still stinging from that--nothing much planned except for planting the few flower bulbs I have. Am thrilled the "boss" cat is doing better---hope you get to feeling better each day---

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

dPam next year you'll be in a better position with your taxes. We got creamed. And next year won't be much better because I have to start taking money out of my investments before my 73rd birthday. Why can't they leave us old folks alone.

Went to my foot Dr. He said i did a nice job when I fell. But no broken bones. Just black and blue with minimal swelling. It's still difficult to walk but where am I going. Couldn't get a hair appointment this week so here I sit. I've actually went out 3 times this week. If I have some place to go I'm out. Walking is a challenge. He said where does it hurt. I said my small bunions. it could have been much worse so I'm grateful.

Think I found a solution to my stomach issues. I was listening to Andrew Lessman talk about digestive enzymes and stomach issues. I said this could be my problem. So I ordered them. The problem seemed to have gone away. Get a load of that.

Off to clean something.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---well,  very glad you broke nothing---but can relate to not healing as fast as in  our younger years, but good you are moving around. I will tell you, you should get that Voltaren gel for your aches and pains--that stuff really works. Is an anti inflammatory gel---

Already know  I will be paying taxes next year ---alot,  but not as much as this year.  So I need to talk to someone about it now.  Still dealing with the "idiot" and the $$ he still owes me----rat bas**tard ---but it  is dealing with the courts and the union and not him personally---it will happen just at a snails pace----

My stomach has been giving me grief too--what did you get? I am sure it is from taking way too much ibuprophen lately--all those kind of things rip my gut apart----back to only xtra strength tylenol, I guess. 

Have lots to clean but no gumption to do it.

DD and I are going out to eat tonight. We can walk to and from--takes us about 7 minutes each way. Weather is supposed to be nice until Sunday night.

Woman Happy--PAM

Respected Contributor

Pam we already sent another check for estimated taxes for next year instead of paying it all at once. We really have no deductions.

I'm taking digest assure by Andrew Lessman. As husband was snoring in my ear at 3am I was watching the shopping networks and he started talking about it. So far so good. You take it before your meals. I didn't know Andrew lessman had issues with food. It seems to be a common problem.

If you are going to take Motrin you really need to take Prilosec . My girlfriend developed a bad gastric irritation for not doing it.