Valued Contributor

Thank you, Pam & Jackie, for missing me---knowing that made me smile this morning!

Yes, I will do my best to "chime in" when I can. Seems the days go by so fast--I'm doing a LOT of reading--and now I have to start our Christmas cards (we don't send as much as we used to, but I try to keep up the tradition)---we stopped putting up a Christmas tree or decorate the inside of our house--but Joe still puts colorful lights on the outside, as well as a couple of wreaths. It's a lot of work to decorate and since we never have guests, there's no point. It's not as important anymore.

With the pandemic, even though we are vaccinated and had our boosters, we are not going to go down state on Christmas to see Joe's family--our sister-in-law and niece are hospital nurses and around COVID patients all the time--we are not comfortable being near them. Joe's 96 year old mother is in a nursing home--she is blind and deaf--we try to talk to her through a video chat, but it's useless--so sad.

We lost quite a few friends and neighbors this year--two neigbors to COVID--three to cancer (two my age)--very depressing. Joe's Mom caught COVID in her nursing home, but she survived--and that was before the vaccine came about--she's a tough lady--and was a chain smoker since she was a teenager!

Hope everyone had a lovely turkey day--ours was quiet--it's just us and Remy--but that was fine--I finally was able to relax knowing my cancer is stable and not spreading.

I did miss all of you...and will do better keeping in touch!!!

Prayers continue for all.

Love & God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMom

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom ---I am not going out much these days either. I've been going thru a huge amount of drama that requires/required legal counsel this year and now that it looks like it is going to be resolved. I am trying to recover phyiscally and mentally---just so darned tired and not sleeping well. 

DD and I do walk to the grocery store on the weekends tho. We decorated our tiny apartment for Xmas last night and are planning Xmas Eve with my family. 

So sorry about the those you've lost--so hard and yet amazing that that Mom recovered from covid---you just never know. and the cancer worries  are always there----but we live with that, right?

Pets are a big help--my stripey cat is almost 13 and there are days when she reverts back into kitten-dom and is into everthing--she actually pulled open a bottom  drawer in my desk and emptied it of the envelopes I store there so she could sit in it. why? who knows------it's a cat thing Cat Wink

yes please check in---nice to hear from you!!

PAM

Honored Contributor

Well I got my booster yesterday----and got a pounding headache that didn't stop after a couple rounds of tylenol---my arm is sore but not bad and got a few body aches/ joints and have been awake since 2;30 this a.m.  Pretty much sounds like my first shot--feeling better now-- gonna be tired later----but its done and am relieved. 

been on my own since thursday when DD went to a 4 day comic con event downtown Seattle. Her friend flew in from Rochester, NY as well. they are stayng close by and I imagine are having so much fun.So its just me and stripey cat. Cooked a fave caserole full of cheese that DD can't eat due to so much dairy----today am making a swiss steak in the crockpot with veggies/gravy  over top of mashed spuds--another thing she does not like---while the cats away.......Cat Tongue

Found a snafu in the divorce paperwork --was somthing the other guy insisted on throwing in and it can't happen the way he wanted it---called my lawyer about so they wilol hash it out., but at least it was them and not us. 

got my medicare all set up too and also social security but can't deal with that until Jan 24th when they call me for the application part---you just can't go in anymore.

Still waiting for my new printer too---good grief---am done with all this tech stuff----should be here next Tuesday--tried to get one sooner but apparently there is a delivery problem........no really!!!!! Knew I would have to wait so here I am.....

going to put my t-day/fall  decors away and put up the very few  xmas things I have here--I decorate my mantle and thats it. I like to see it and have some really nice thngs....................in storage!!!!!

Weather is quiet today but chilly, finally. Last few days temps were in the 60's due to many monsoons coming from Hawaii and landing ontop of us. All the mountain snow melted and caused more flooding. but now it is snowing again and only going to be in the mid 40's both day and night. 

OK friends, how are you doing? 

pam

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

OK I'm here. Totally depressed. Root Canal on Tues. May lose the tooth anyway. I'm disgusted. Had my booster on Friday. Headache and soreness of the arm. No big deal. At least it's done. Mammo this coming Weds. That's all I do is run to Dr's along with the rest of you. 

Last night of Hanukkah. My only gift from my husband was potato latkes. Such a generous man.

Fran is doing OK. She's been having lots of visitors which helps. 

Pam keep us informed on the stuff that they snuck in. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---oh my GOSH !!!!! STUPID TEETH!!!!  glad to hear Fran is doing ok.

It's not that the idiot snuck anything in--my people go over everything with a fine tooth comb and that part was noted, --it's just the way they figured out how much I supposedly can get in back pay from the idiots social security and that he gets 1/2 of it as it is considered my assets. BUT---it's how that figure was arrived at---that has me stumped so let my peeps know and will wait to hear back. it's funny that idiots peeps know how much I will get,  when I have to wait until the end of Jan to talk on the phone about it all---am thinking it will be way less than what they say it will be--at any rate---not going to worry over it--I am done wasting my worries on that jerk!!! 

DD is coming home today--she had a great time downtown at comic con---I decided to hold off on my swiss steak in the crock pot until today---smells amazing in here.

I did get my new printer Friday night!!!! And set it up Saturday---hopefully will last me several years with no snafus--

Got a few decors up on my fireplace mantle for Xmas--looks very festive---

DD and I decided to fill each others Xmas socks with goodies rather than presents---I don't need anything but she really enjoys all that. 

My brother/wife and a few other friends are in Hawaii now, until next Thursday---they left yesterday a.m. I was invited but decided a divorce was a better use of alot of cash than Hawaii. and really am not a fan of flying for 6 hours either. and I have to say, that Hawaii is the last place I want to go--just not a fan--have never been and never wanted to go. Plus all this  about a new covid bug------not a big surprise about that to me------- just think any travel is too risky, for me at least--this covid thing is not going anywhere if ever. IMO.

smells mighty good in hereWoman Wink

Respected Contributor

What a bloody morning. First off mammo was negative. Second they did the mammo and called me back in for additional films on the rt breast. That's the good one. Almost died. The tech said this is normal. I said in 10 years I never had additional films. OK then the radiologist comes in to talk to me. She's the one who gave me the results. it was courtesy since I am a nurse. Thank you. When they originally called me in I said to the tech which radiologist are you working with. She told me. I said that's not happening so find me a new one. I told her what happened last year. They gave me a second tech. She said your going to have the top of the heap. Works for me. It's done. MRI Jan 18th as a followup. The radiologist said she's seen worse with thickening. Then I go back for my regular sono's. I told her what Rita said about MRI's every year. She said no.

I'm emotionally spent. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---ok I'm confused-----so you go back in Jan for an MRI on the right breast because of thickening ---is that right? and the thickening is something you always deal with as most of us do --stupid boobs!!!  Sorry you will be going thru a month of waiting--I know you and your brain---stupid brains--but am thinking that this is a good thing to check it out!! I ALWAYS had to have  more films done on my stupid boobs---even when I had only one--I still had to get extras---STUPID BOOBS.  I hate waiting!!! will they call you if you can get in sooner? Don't remember what  Rita said about MRI'S---

Respected Contributor

Pam the cancer and adhesions were in my left breast. During the booster from radiation I developed 2nd degree burns which only added to my woes in that breast. Right breast is normal so when she said she wanted more films in the good breast I almost had a psychotic break. I must say i was pretty good up until that point. No drama. 

You know i was speaking to my dentist who was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Surgery radiation and now on Lupron. He has to go for PSA tests every 3 months. He says every time he walks into the office it's reliving it all again. I said tell me about it. We just somehow get through it all. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --ok, now I get it----and yes, I totally freaked out when my "good" breast needed extra attention after going thru cancer---I think the very first mammo after all the treatment ended--I had to get an ultra sound in the good breast after the mammo--just made me so angry. 

will we ever forget about cancer? No we won't--it is now part of our DNA-----

Respected Contributor

OK I'm here. Went to the oncologist on Monday. They set up a new program for cancer survivors. We see the NP first who discusses any problems emotional or physical we are having. Does a fast breast and general go over with you and then my Dr comes in. She does the major breast exam. She said she doesn't want us to hesitate calling on the team if any problems crop up. She also said she started the team because our needs are different than those who are going through therapy. Yup we have PTSD. Cure that. 

Never made it to the dentist. Decided to puke instead. I think it was the macaroni salad that I ate. Who knows. Feel better now.

OK lovely's what are the plans for the holidays and Pam what's the update on the update that you got.