Respected Contributor

Hey Pam, Lannie and I are the two flies on the wall with a bottle of Southern Comfort. Go get him, girl. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hello --back from the land of mediation!!  A little bruised and slightly annoyed but--in one whole piece!!!

Took until 5 pm when we finally finished--started at 9am. I got a portion of what I was asking for---not nearly what I should have, in my opinion,  but I settled and actually I was expecting to not be totally satisfied.The almost ex- man showed his true colors to everyone involved. He had to go to his lawyers office to do this, in person, as being the caveman he is, his computer and his caveman brain, couldn't do a zoom call. But he  ranted and  raged and screamed and yelled and was as beligerent and mean and unmoveable as he is and swore he would not give me anything as I committed fraud and stole from him---his words---

But I am ok with all this and my decision to settle--I need to be done with him forever ------not willing to spend anymore time and effort. So---prob by the end of this year and maybe into Jan--I will be rid of that parasite----

thanks for all the good thoughts!! 

Everyone have a great turkey day----thinking a little Jim Beam and ginger ale would taste good with dinner----or alot!!!🍸😁🦃

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam - so glad this part is over and you can get on with the rest of the legal stuff now!!!

I will celebrate with a good ole WI drink - a brandy old fashioned, sweet, with olives please! 🍹Can't believe it took all day, but sounds like he had to bring in all his hostility and show what you had to live with all those years. Good riddance to that. 

My arm is still red, swollen, hard lump and painful, but getting better. At least I can sleep on that side now. Then my son informed me I wasn't supposed to be taking Advil after I had my shot, which I had forgotten about because I don't have a memory any more. 

Jackie - it never does stop. I have my yearly cancer checkup next month and mammogram after that. You don't just be a cancer survivor and stop and everything is ok again. Nope doesn't work like that. 

Respected Contributor

Lannie yo can take Motrin after the vaccine for discomfort. They don't advise you to take it before it. So your good.

Well Pam. Good bye moron. He did you the biggest favor in the world. As long as you have enough to live on with some extras it's all a plus. Let him rot wherever he goes.

Got back my lab results. I was shocked. Dr didn't get on the phone the receptionist said all was OK. I have a triglycerides of 80 and a A1c of 5.2. I thought this must be mistake. I live on dark chocolate. It's one of my food groups. I will say that Andrew Lessman's cinnamon is working. My A1C 2 years ago was 5.7. Last year they didn't do one because my blood sugar was 90. Please note this is a yearly physical and next year will be the only time he will see me unless I am half dead. I don't know how folks go every 4-6 months for checkups. Now mammo, oncologist and MRI. Don't even want to think about it. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---awesome numbers!!! I wish mine were 1/2 as good as yours--but maybe now I can work on me --my numbers are not good!!!

Well I did some recalculating on the divorce spread sheet and actually, found there was more in it for me than I thought---in fact, my portion now, is just shy of the amount I requested in response to numbnuts first offer---way back in June!!! Now IF he wasn't such a a**hole and excepted it then, we would have not had to spend that extra 10K each, going to mediation and probably would be divorced before now. Had to laugh at his stupidity. You CANNOT fix stupid.Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---thanks--yes so glad this is almost done--read what I wrote to jackie for more info.

yesterday was just kind of a  lazy, day for me--didn't sleep well so that slowed me down. I was just so brain numb from Tuesday I couldn't close my eyes until the wee hours.   but I did go get some Frangelico for the yams, I make.and started the other things I am doing for dinner at my brothers today---slept better last night and am up early to finish my side dishes. 

yes now the paperwork will begin and now my printer is down!!! Seriously am ready to chuck it down a cliff--spent over an hour online chatting  with a it tech and still it is down--have a nice HP printer and have instant ink that comes whenever the ink starts to get low automatically but.... I can't use store bought ink as the printer is set up with cartridges that have sensors in them to tell HP to send me ink. and just got 2 new inks yesterday and the black one is faulty and so it will be Dec 6th until I get it!!! All my legal paperwork will be here way before then----grrrrr!!

did you re- act to the vaccines like you are now, from the booster? I didn't have any issues with my arm but dose #2 side effects, kicked my tookus. will go next Thursday for the booster and will get my hair cut afterwards.

Good grief, we are in for 3 more atmosphereic river monsoons starting today and going all weekend---so much rain. there is so much flood damage to the small towns up north from me and now another deluge coming-----

ok friends---am looking forward to eating today, brother has smoke up some lamb and turkey parts as well as the other usual sides----am looking forward to seeing everyone---never heard of your WI drinky-poo--but I will toast you when I hoist my J Beam and ginger!!😁🍗🥧🥤🌼🌺

pam

Valued Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

I haven't been contributing to this forum much (my bad), but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy turkey day and hope all of you are doing great.

I had a PET scan last week---results are fine---no recurrence of my uterine cancer and no more spread. The Letrozole has been working for me--and I am eternally grateful for that!! Other than bladder problems from past radiation, I cannot complain (much!).

Remy is the bright light in our lives--still missing Gracie--but Remy is a special soul and we are blessed to have him as part of our little family.

Hope everyone is having a fun and happy day---I continue to pray for all on this forum!!!!!!!!!!

Love & God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMom

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Good to hear from you Gracie and Remy's Mom. Wonderful about your test results. Remy seems to be keeping both of you busy. We just muddle through here. One crisis at a time. Tests, divorces, At least we have each other to lean on.

Pam you've been through the wringer this week. I hope you had a nice day with your brother. You know something. It's just a printer. They die like everything else. Mine was giving me trouble except it decided to work when I pulled the plug and inserted it again.. Me, if that didn't work I would have bought a new one. I have no patience for it. It's like 5 years old already.. Try to not let it stress you out. You need to relax now. It's basically over. 

Our Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Brought half of it home. Husband ate his prime rib with his  high Triglycerides. He's at about 250 now down from 500. I'm telling you Schiffs Krill oil.. It works. At least you eat healthy. I don't. I live on chicken salad and chocolate. 

I'm pooped. Too much fresh air today. 

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom ---so glad to hear from you--and wonderful news on all those pesky scans and tests altho much needed for our brains benefit----and Remy--well , he is a dear thing!!!  you should chime in more-----we miss you!!

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --- yes I will settle down about the printer and yes it is ONLY a printer. I have one more thing to try and then will find one today on Black Friday and be done with it---if needed--oh jackie have pulled every cord out and put it back in and still the same!!

yes dinner was great but ate way to much----was glad to see faces with no masks too. bought some home --my brother smoked the lamb and turkey then popped it on the grill to make it look pretty---OMG---was so delicious--I made  a new chopped salad that was a hit. Left without fresh apple pie tho--just was so full of the main stuff. and my other nephew made it! who knew he could bake??!!

Found out my great nephew---is that right--he is my nephews son? anyway, he is autistic, just 2 years old. Don't know if they know what level he is but now that makes sense to me for the odd  way he is ---feel bad for the parents but they are getting him into many things to help him out. Still a sweet boy.

More heavy rain coming our way thru next week. got a quiet day today until night, then it starts up ---- predicting at least 5 or 6 inches of rain just in my area until the middle of next week---

Not heading out at all today---too many crazy people that i don't trust-----