Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---Fran sounds like what my mom was----mean and nasty especially to us kids then she expected us to drop everything and do her bidding---shes gone now so no use bad mouthing her--I forgive her but will never forget---

Cars----I hate them and am very happy not to have one anymore---and now days can't magine trying to buy a new one---

Got a 111 question deposition, the whole thing is 50 pages long----- that I have to fill out for this stupid divorce-----and trying to answer them online and   then trying to  save  my answers, has been nothing short of a pain in the caboose!!! and you should see what I need to explain about my medical treatments. drs. procedures ---- for  cancer!!! Most of this stuff I already answered at the very start of this thing---and me with a funky computer-----a pox on that horrible man!!!!! Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

Pam go treat yourself to a new computer and make your life a little easier You did go through a pretty rough time with it all..  Post some questions and I'll put in my two cents as a nurse. Do not forget about your recurrent cellulitis and all of the work you had to do.He gave you no emotional support.  . He'll be out of your life soon. So don't get too crazy. Short and long term goal. Financial security. Here's one. You can't give him any money back because you don't know what the future holds. 

Well Fran called me. Her friend is going to the Kosher store and she wanted to know if I wanted anything. What am I to do. She's 102. If she died because of me I would never forgive myself. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---- very good points---wrote them in my notebook --- am on my IPad now --- computer is on strike. DS will pick it up tomorrow and work on it. 

yes will include the cellulitis too. Had a really awful bout of it almost 2 weeks ago--- it woke me up early Sat morning it was so painful and swollen. Do have meds for it so started them right away.

No you won't be the cause of Frans demise--- she will decide when she goes--- those old people have a way about doing that----and a way of making you feel bad too. Be civil but you know how she is. 

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam we live from test to test with all of the emotional baggage that goes along with it and the what if's. Plus we all have some sort of lasting effect from either Surgery, radiation, chemo. All of this has to be written down. Everyone thinks once the treatments end we just move on. Well that's not so to some extent.. Everytime we look in the mirror it's staring us in the face. The only thing you wanted was support from your husband and he was emotionally unavailable. 

Glad you took the meds for your cellulitis. 

Your right about Fran.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all!

Well----got my laptop back from DS yesterday, and it is not much better --still slow and freezes whenever I click to a new page or topic----have one more thing to try--going to backup  the whole thing up to an external hard drive, then do a factory reset-----and if that doesn't work--momma is getting a new computer, I guess. But had to buy a replacement cord for the hard drive---has a special plug on it and am sure I have it---just where,  I have no idea--so found one via my friend, AMZ and got it a few hours later--- So annoying------so we will see--I have 111 questions to answer for this stupid mediation divorce thing------was to be back Oct 1st-----god help me!!!!

Hope everyone is ok. Not much chatter going on here lately. 

Weather here is very fall like--beautiful trees and even acorns that I found with their "hats" still on. Picked up a few for a decor on my mantle in a pretty bowl---temps will be in the low 50's next week---so time to wear my warmies-----

Went to the mall yesterday with DD to get decent shoes--had my feet scanned for the size and width and man alive---what a weird combo of issues I have--one foot is flat, the other with a high arch, narrow heels and am a 8 1/2 instead of the 8 I thought I was --have been wearing too small shoes for who knows how long----and border between a medium and wide width??Tried to buy $180 shoes  but they were not comfortable at all--have one arthritic big toe to add to the jumble----sounds like I need orthotics before new shoes. CHA--ching -Woman Sad-new computer and new feet!!!  Always something, right??

Respected Contributor

Pam you have more patience than I have with computers. It would have been in the recycle bin by now. Last computer that gave me a heap of trouble I went to the best buy site, picked one out, went to the store, asked questions to the geek squad and bought one. They really know their stuff and since they don't get a commission they will tell you the best one to get. Just tell them how much you want to spend.

I have found that sketchers work best for my aching feet. I go to their site since I joined their club. You can get some pretty good deals unless you have the outlet near you. You got your feet scanned. How exciting. Now you really know what size you are.

Well buying this car has been an adventure. Husband was suppose to do all of the work. Still waiting. Anyway called the leasing company to get the print out quote. The inspector came and we got the report. Faxed everything to the leasing company. Now have to get a certified check and mail it to them. Then in 2 weeks I get the title. We spoke to Anthony from the dealership;. He said just buy the car. There aren't any out there.

Washing floors today.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ----so far my laptop is so much better------so will keep going with it. I really do love this thing---got it from Best Buy too.

Have heard about the state of car buying---like waiting to have a baby, seems like---no thank you!!!!!

Remember my friend who is 10 years younger than me but looks 10 years older? We went to the mall a few weeks back---anyway, she broke her foot in a freak accident in the bathroom of their beach house this weekend--says she hit her head, blacked out and woke up with a broken foot---has no idea how it happened. I am still shaking my head--she always has some sort of health/metal/ physical issues these past few years----will need surgery---its her right foot so no driving----oh lordy!!!!

I did buy new, bigger shoes yesterday---but not sure that is the answer----they are Skechers--will wear them inside and prob will return them---calling the foot dr today. Am thinking he will be able to give me  more professional advice. My insurance does cover orthotics but need to get them before the divorce is final as then I am kicked off.

Need to wash floors, but probably won't altho I do have a Bissell mop/vacuum  that will do both at once---that could be fun!! 

Honored Contributor

Just wanted to let you all know that according to another board, QVC is shutting down the forums in November. Don't want to lose any of you and am not on Facebook or other social media except here. Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Am not on Facebook either but can't believe they would shut these boards down - they do a lot of their business because of them.  
Facebook is in big trouble anyhow. They recently bought Instagram, which I have been on for years and ruined it with all the ads now. 

We'll see if it's true I guess. 

My son got engaged last weekend, very happy for them. Pam, she is originally from Washington!!  I guess That's going to make me a (step) great grandma; lol!

GC where are you - we miss hearing from you and hope you are doing well!

Regular Contributor

I don't normally post on this thread, but wanted to share some information. There is a new forum that has been set up by a team of people from the Community page. It's very similar to these forums and they have set up a section for Health and Wellness. 

It's on a platform called Proboards.

II can't put up a link as the moderators keep removing them, but if you would like to join, go to:

mellyg.proboards dot com. 

It's called q forum friends. You can register using the prompt on the upper right hand corner. You can also post as a guest. Most people have signed up using the names they use here. Already over 330 members. They did a great job creating it and it looks promising.