Respected Contributor

Jackie - good to hear you are safe with no problems. Was watching news late last night and Queens was really getting blasted. Water was pouring into subway and streets like you wouldn't believe.  What a mess some of these places have to deal with. 

Respected Contributor

OMG it was a mess. Water shooting up from the middle of the streets. People trying to start their cars after they were flooded. Are they kidding me. And no folks it's not going to dry out. 

Honored Contributor

jackie----glad to hear from you---and glad you are doing fine---geez, I watched the news this a.m. and it looks like armageddon. so much damage lately---

So have news from the legal front in my world--got my counter  settlement offer to numbnuts and of course---he refused it ----shocking!!!! So now we are going to mediation in November. He didn't like that I spilled the beans about his hiding his cars on his assets sheet or that he spent lots of $$ on "other" things that did not benefit the community---that's legal speak for family Woman Wink -----I can just see him cringe over seeing that on paper----even tho it is months away--at least I have a solid date, not this hanging in limbo. And the day we do the actual thing---the mediator will decide THAT  day and it will be done--no waiting this time. Will do this via ZOOM at home. Never zoom-ed before----should be interesting!!

Respected Contributor

OK I'm back. Bought myself a Cubii on QVC and love it. I stuck in under my desk and use it to strengthen up everything. I have gotten very lazy. I am not a walker. Maybe because I did so much of it when I worked. However all of this sitting is giving me too many problems with my back and neck. I said Boris it's time for my injections in my neck. So I had 7 of them. Loosened me right up.  

Elevator has been out for 2 days. And who has a Dr's appointment today?? Me. When I came back I told the elevator repairman. Please get me up to the 5th floor or you'll find a dead body on the 3rd floor. So he took me up in the elevator.

Pam you have a lot of ammunition. Write all of it down. We can go over it when the time comes. Just make sure he doesn't do any funny business with those cars. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ----glad to hear from sombody---finally!!! Was going to scold you all for not checking in----I have a very high opinion of my powers, don't I--😜

7 injections?? makes me  little woozy thinking about that------but goo they do the trick.

Yes I am writing things down as they pop up ----and will research how and what  to respond to one,   altho my lawyer will help with the prep closer to the date--either Nov 9 or 23--haven't heard anything yet. Have a feeling it will be strictly about facts and figures. no emotional stuff. thats fine. and the cars are noted and everyone knows about them now-----have all the info/pics of them too----

Weather is grey today and cooler--been one heck of a summer here--been 83 days since we got any good rain---that is amazing---looking forward to not having fans/ac running all the time--this apt is really hot!!  

ok friends----hope you are ok!!  gc--where are you?????

Respected Contributor

Jackie - sure hope your back and neck feel better, 7 injections, I would have fainted.  Pretty sick of needles after breast cancer and complications.  Hope the insurance thing got figured out for you.

Pam - yes it will be all about facts and figures when you meet next - they'll divvy everything up so it looks equal for you both, but we know nothing is totally equal in a break up.  At least you got Stripey cat - some couples have a big legal deal over the pets!

Starting to cool down into the 50's at night here, feels sooo good!  

There's really only 3 of us chatting here for the most part.

Wonder how our GC is doing.  GC????

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl 

Sounds as though you have been through the wringer. I applaud your bravery in leaving.  
Although my problems with my H are different than yours, if I had the money, I would have packed my bags years ago.  (Although he still travels for work sometimes, he used to be gone much more and that postponed dealing with a lot of issues.)

The stress seems greater now while undergoing treatment after different treatment for my metastatic breast cancer and my annoyance tolerance has lowered.  

Honored Contributor

@trenet ---not sure I am brave---just had to adapt to the situation---really in the broader scheme of things--this is a piece of cake compared to breast cancer---but so much more annoying---only thing that I know for sure is--the man will, someday, realize what a mess he made and now will have to live with it-----karma--I believe it's called

Yes stress has been awful---hope your treatment squares itself away--thanks for the kind works

Respected Contributor

I've saved this for over 25 yrs and it's just as true today as it was back then........

C65F2723-23E2-48B0-AC0B-9B9DAA3D3415.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---gave me a chuckle---wonder if that would be considered community property here in WA state-----wouldn't that be a kick in the rear if 1/2 of that had to be given to the offending and offensive party!!!!! Yes I did get custody of stripey cat---that was never in doubt---

lannie---how do you like your computer ? What kind did you get? My laptop is giving me fits lately--it's 5 years old now and I really do ike it alot but couldn't use it all day yesterday--it just freezes on whatever page I am on and then takes many minutes to "wake" up again----

It's raining today!!!! Last time that happened was June 13th--supposed to get breezy and end up with up to 3 inches by Sunday; that includes eastern WA where the fires are----we need it.