Respected Contributor

Pam it sounds like you have to rest that arm. In fact we all need a bit of a rest.

Husband just left for the airport. I'm waiting for you ladies. It's party time. 

Went to the surgeon on Monday. Now she wants besides the mammo another MRI as a follow-up. I said that doesn't make too much sense. She said everything is benign. She said call Rita my girlfriend. So I get home and call Rita. I said why am I calling you as per Dr A She said they started a new protocol. All of us older ones will have to go for yearly MRI's. She was right not to tell me. I would have went off. This is all about money nothing more. No more sonograms. 

The air was so thick today you could barely breathe. We are having a heat wave here. Even husband said he wasn't going out until he had to leave. 

Big cleanup starting tomorrow. One room at a time.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---well we now are doing battle with the smoke from all the fires around us---in unhealthy range thru tomorrow---not quite as bad as last year and has been in the mid 90's for the last few days too--have so many fans blowing as well as a/c's at night. this apartment gets so bloody hot----had cat in with me the last 2 nights---she HATES being left out of her cage at night--did fine the first night but last night--OMG--wanted to wring her neck--so am moving her cage into DD room as there is room for it in there---

How long is the man gone for?

so your dr wants MRI as well as the other stuff for your yearly appt? My dr wants a vag ultra sound again, due to being  back on tamox this year---I have 1 more year of meds left.

been emailing my lawyer for updates and getting nothing back for days/weeks---- first she was on vaca -- she said she would have my version of settlement to me to go over--that was  2 weeks ago today and nothing--emailed her again yesterday--and was a little less friendly ---got one back saying she was dealing with covid in her household, prob from her vaca-----ok am very sorry--but really!!!?? Can none of her assistants let me know what is going on??? Have a phone appt Monday to discuss things-----god help me!!!

have been dealing with bum arm with voltaren gell and tylenol--need to call about p/t. rest hurts it too.

DS and DD and DIL and me--will clear out one of my storage units on Sunday and put it in the big unit----the price keeps going up. Hate to even have one storage unit but that can't be helped. those 3 will do most the heavy work--I will supervise. should be much cooler by then and maybe even some rain. 

GC--thinking about you!! Lannie, you too!!

Honored Contributor

good morning all---

another lovely grey cool morning here in my side of the country---almost chilly inside this apartment this morning. and so quiet with no fans blowing--geez that noise gets to me after days of running--

my lawyer called and we went thru my rebuttal settlement offer to numbnuts----glad we did as there was alot of wierd things that were stated  the didn't really apply---not real happy with this woman or her staff-----she suggested that maybe mitigation would be in the cards---but we would figure that out after this got got sent to the other lawyer---but I got to say alot of things that I NEEDED for her to hear even tho it maybe not be a thing when determinating the outcome, altho she was very interested in my cancer adventure--maybe playing that cancer card will be worth it----at least it will be on paper for all to see, as was the very unflattering  things about me were, on the idiots settlement offer-

I will continue to gird my loins and carry on!!!

hope everyone is doing ok-----

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam - hope his lawyer responds faster than yours did, and doesn't go on vacation or have family issues!  Hope it gets worked out soon and you can go on with your new life. 

Meamwhile, I'm on my way to go party at Jackie's place!! 🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊

Respected Contributor

Hey lannie you better get here soon before I buy out all of the caffeine free diet coke at Amazon fresh.. First they wanted 22 bucks for a six back of 16oz bottles. So I go on the site at least 3x a day and they finally got it down to 4.29. Well I ordered a ton of it. It is very difficult to get here for some reason. I can't drink the regular diet coke because it gives me palpations. 

Last week was busy. Breast surgeon, podiatrist, and hair. He left last Thurs night. I've been doing a happy dance. This week the water marks on my ceiling have expanded. The super snaked the drain and tested it with 4 buckets of water. No leak. So we'll see what happens when it rains. The lady from upstairs came down and said Oh Jackie I'm so sorry. Oh and the super when he was here dropped the globe on the floor from my casablanca ceiling fan. There are no replacements available. 

Stepson is acting like a jerk with the baby. Too over protective. My husband just shakes his head. I said listen, just keep your mouth shut or smack him. I'm so happy I didn't go. Enjoying my bliss. Let them go to Melbourne. It's a mess over there. 

Pam you have all the time in the world just remember that. So if he wants out that badly he'll have to do the compromising. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---you know---I was just saying that very thing to DD ---I am just fine where I am, so if numbnuts wants to buck the whole thing---I will be fine--he let it slip months ago , after I told him I was getting the ball rolling---that he was anxious to buy a house so good that things were moving----he can't do anything until this divorce  is settled. IDIOT!!!!

I can't do anything with caffiene either--but wow--what is up with  $22 for 6??? 

Have you tried ebay for the fan globe? I've found many things there that you can't find elsewhere.

yes I do a happy dance everyday knowing I don't have to see numbnuts anymore.

Your cold must be over now---and no news with the other dr appt is good news--

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ----I hope so too---but like jackie has said, I do have time on my side and did budget for this very thing, altho I hate spending $$ on this. Just want to be done so I can move forward----

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Pam - that is true, you do have time on your side. I just hated all the back and forth of settlements, but we also had an underage child which complicated things.  He tried to get out of paying child support by getting equal custody and I was prepared to go to court to prevent that from happening.  Fortunately he was too cheap to continue paying his lawyer and we settled.

Jackie - caffeine free Diet Coke is my Signature Drink!!!  Soda has gone up in price, but you were smart to wait.  I think I paid about $2.70 for 6 pack, bottles, on sale last time I bought it. 

I remember last year I was looking for instant coconut cream pudding to make a delicious dessert for a friend, that I had promised, and it was no where to be found.  Well, I did eventually find some on Amazon, but it was $9.91 for one small box!  I was so astounded I took a picture of it! Needless to say, the dessert didn't get made for a while.  Now we text each other when we find it at a store - the quest for instant coconut cream pudding, LOL!

Your stepson sounds like an extreme first time parent - little does he know he's not doing his son any favors by being this way.  What ever happened to common sense with that generation.  I think your husband will be glad to get home.  Smiley Wink

Still thinking about you GC - how have you been doing in this heat and humidity, although the last couple days haven't been too bad, but it's on its way back.  I think you have central air, if I remember right - can I come live with you for the rest of the summer?!?

Respected Contributor

Lannie at least you can find it there. Here it's impossible. I think I ordered enough for the next 20 years. Yes stepson is getting nuts with this kid. I told them time for another one. 

Pam this is your only problem. Right now under his union you get your health benefits. Once divorced you lose all of that. Even after we retire our unions pay for certain things like part dental and eyeglasses and hearing aids. I don't know how your husbands union works so you will have to check it out. Extend all of this for as long as you can.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---I called his union to ask about my medical and the day the divorce is final,  that next month is when med insurance ends for me. Medicare will cost me under $450 a month and I have that all figured out, but is another cost to add to my expenses--lawyer asked for figures about that too--- that will be figured in to settlement. 

YES---  overbearing first time parents are obnoxious--my nephew and wife have a 2 year that still nurses  Woman Embarassed and they all sleep together Woman Surprised---he is kind of a terror and gets laughed at alot---he is the BOSS baby----I just smile.........I was cautious with new baby #1 too--but not weirdly so-----by the time DD came along, #2---it was a whole different ballgame. 

I never was into soda much--OMG--my former SIL drank the diet coke by the liters--prob 2 everyday-----I  can't do all the sugar or the caffeine ---I am drinking  sparkling soda now or ice tea--decaf of course!!