Respected Contributor

Well this wasn't fun at all. Duracef is killing my stomach. I'm basically walking around with a bottle of mouthwash underneath my arm pit because I have to rinse 6 times a day. Husband gave me his cold. Kiddies in the UK are up in arms that I am not going. They asked that my husband postone his trip until I can make it. He said NO. He's leaving on August 12th and returning Aug 28th. I told him this whole trip is ridiculous. Ciaran will never remember you being there. They expect us to jump through hoops to ease their guilt. We will never have a meaningful relationship with this child because of distance. They made their bed let them lie in it. Selfish that's all I can say. 

Pam it's good that your getting your arm checked out. Found something that really works. I tend to go to Advil for pain. The Tylenol 8 hr for arthritis works just as well. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---you know----I think I have found a really good  ortho dr this time!!! Love this man!!!! I will go in for MRI next week--he thinks there is a tear in the rotator cuff-but of course xrays don't show soft tissues--gawd, I HATE mri's----but he gave me so many options for treatments---but needs to see what is there first. this shoulder has been a problem for the last few years due  from all the moving and lifting and shoving and stacking of heavy boxes, I've done--- I am not surprised----I am taking tylenol arthritis every day and then am putting Voltaren gel on it---my new best friend---man that stuff works great!!!

My brother has that cold that is going around too---so many have it around here and rushed to get a covid test----was negative--he is vaccinated.

Sounds like me with a bottle of stuff  to rinse my mouth when I was going thru chemo---but it worked--never got any sores. 

Not sure what goes thru the heads of certain family members---just seems to be only about them---know a few myself---

another 90*+ day today-----then a big cool down and then maybe even rain--been 46 days of day warm/hot weather-----but we don't have the humidity alot of the country has--

happy weekend--

GC--whats going on?????

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Still not feeling great. Nothing much more I can do. Already on antibiotics, rinsing, taking mucinex. Decided to get some fresh air today and visit my podiatrist. I was going to cancel but said just go.  Hair is in desperate need of a coloring but he's only there tomorrow and I have a dental appointment. I told him will you work more than 1 day a week. The way I feel I don't even care.

Wrote to the bozos in the UK. Well weren't they defensive about everything. Gave them a piece of my mind. Reply was thank you for being so honest. Husband is leaving soon on the 12th. I'm throwing a party. All are invited. Lord a decent nights sleep and peace and quiet. 

What's going on with everyone.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---are you still ailing from that cold? My brother got it and he was miserable--rushed out for a covid test and was cleared so just a cold.

there's not much more you can do with the family--they are what they are---remember--you can't fix stupid.

My hair is driving me insane too--color is fine just the style ---its so thin and straight--longer hair is not my thing----

got my MRI on Monday and it was not awful this time--they must have reinvented it as this one was domed inside so your nose didn't touch the top and the head phones were far superior than before----will go back next Monday for the results---as long as I keep taking the arthritis tylenol and put that voltaren gel in it---I can function---hoping there is no tear just inflammation---

weather here still dry and hot---day 50 now of our rainless summer---but it did sprinkle a little last night--- but that doesn't count in the official rain gauges. Have the window and slider open with fans blowing in the cool a.m. air. 

haven't heard anything from my legal peeps---emailed them on Monday but nothing yet--will try again--was hoping by this time --5 months--I'd be dong my waiting eperiod--geez--Bill and Melinda Gates are divorced--only took them 3 months--

with all that $$$ probably had been a work in progress way before the public found out---

feel better------

Respected Contributor

Jackie - some I know have gotten colds too - maybe from briefly not wearing a mask or not washing hands as much anymore, who knows.  Hope you get rid of it soon.

I'm coughing my lungs out from the poor air quality here from the Canadian fires.  We actually have had warnings not to go outside, but I heed them? No, did all sorts of stuff and am suffering for it. It's really hazy here too.  I'm just going to turn the air on and sit in my house until next year.  

I want to get a perm, but haven't been to a stylist for over 1 1/2 years, so don't even know who to go to.  And now the Delta strain is so bad, I don't even want to go out anymore again.

So let hubby go to see his son and grandson, he really should - but you my dear, you just ENJOY your alone time and do something fun for yourself, treat yourself to something special - it doesn't have to be big.  Relax, soak your feet, order take out or better yet, delivery.  Have one of those great NYC bagels.

Pam - the lawyers love to keep divorces going for as long as they can, they keep putting it on the back burner - that way when you get your bill they think you will think - oh well, they spent a long time on it.  That's my theory anyway, have seen it over and over. 

GC - are you doing OK?  Starting to get worried about you, girl.

Honored Contributor

good morning from a wet, soggy Woodinville, WA--(thats where I live)---anyway--it is raining finally after 51 days of dryness--supposed to go for the next 3 days---have to say  it is very welcomed,  just wish it would storm in the eastern part of the state to put out the fires--we have been lucky not to have the horrible air we got last year---

Got the results of my MRI--and hurray, hurray--no tears in the rotator cuff just inflammation--and had dr check my former  broken wrist , left arm,  as it was very sore and that has tennis elbow----so now to p/t for 6 weeks and then maybe a shot in the shoulder to help. Its from all the heavy duty abuse of packing and moving and lifting boxes for the last 3 years--and my ancient warrior age tooWoman LOL 

Respected Contributor

Pam - yay for the rain - that's a long time to go without any rain in the summer!

Glad to know the MRI went ok, but man, you've got some aches and pains to deal with, lady.  And stress will aggravate everything of course.  Aging, well it ain't fun.

You said you were using Voltaren gel - I used it when I had tennis elbow for so long and it worked well.  It was only by prescription back then, but OTC now.  Grease up - soak in an Epsom salts bath, and most importantly don't do anymore moving!!!

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---you know, after finally getting settled and away-- from Mr. Toxic and getting the legal stuff going, I was/am just plain worn down--really no one in my corner to root for me,  except me,  and I let that poor me junk take over-----stupid brain!!! My ortho dr said as much to me yesterday---stress is the devil!! 

Yes the voltaren gel is a wonder-----and I have  lavendar- cbd bath salts to soak in too. good for the bod and my mind.

and the rain is heavenly--stripey cat has been out on the tiny deck all day luxuriating in the coolness.

No-----DD and I will discuss moving a year from now, I think--we need a break.

Respected Contributor

Hi lannie. Sorry your having so much trouble with the air there. I know what your going through. We had it here after 9/11. Just kept my windows closed and the air conditioner on. It was still terrible.

Went to the oral surgeon with my cold. He was not happy and wanted me to go for a covid test. i said I'm afebrile, I have clear secretions and it's been 6 days. Of course he couldn't force me. But being a reasonable person I said what the heck. It takes 2 minutes to get it done and he will shut up. So the results came back in 2 days. They are negative. I still have another 5 weeks with him/

Getting really excited about him going to the UK. 

Honored Contributor

jackie--when does the man leave?

yes smoky air is an awful thing------went thru that last year here. 

I am sure everyone will want a covid test for any sniffles or cough or whatever. am surprised none of the drs I've been seeing lately,  haven't wanted me to do the same to rule that out of my issues--

going to get hot this next weekend here--in the 90's again--bought another fan as the front room/kitchen gets so hot--I have 2 in there now. even bought a patio umbrella that tilts so I can aim it at the sun that blasts thru the slider. Seems I did that at the house and it worked pretty good.