Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --that is something I don't know either--will add it to the list--if I can get everything in one lump sum, except for s/s--than I will---am a little comcerned about the fact dumb a*ss didn't declare his cars but told my lawyer about them--and have photos and vin #s

One thing we don't have, is the humidity you do---yesterday was  much cooler , altho still 88*--todays temps -- 83* --but still a few degrees hotter than normal, July 4th is usually wet and cold but not this year--in the 80's. But at least, I can go out to do a few errands--feel like I've been in jail----but did hang out on the little deck for a bit yesterday--was very nice.

Valued Contributor

It's been in the 90's here all week. 98 degrees today but real feel was 106. We finally had a whopping thunder storm late this afternoon and it cooled off. We had alerts all eeekabout severe storms but they missed us each day.Tomorrow it's only supposed to be in the 70's. Alleluia!  

I have been doing very well. Hope you all are too. Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm --Hi Em!!!!

Been a long time---you said you are doing good--great to hear!!!  Oh I can't tell you what a huge relief we in the PNW--are finally back to our normal weather--it is grey and cool--in the 60's this a.m.  Eastern WA was scorching yesterday again but are cooling off today-the cascade montains are between the west and the east so it takes awhile for them to cool down---I hibernated to my bedroom with the a/c for most of a week--felt like a mole underground----

pam

Respected Contributor

Hi em -  so good to hear from you and glad to hear you are doing well!

Our weather here has been about the same as yours, today and yesterday have been perfect - low humidity and in the 70's.  Supposed to get hot and humid again over the weekend though,  AC my old friend will be turned on again!

Take care and stay well!   

Honored Contributor

OK folks---where the heck are you all? Been far to quiet around here---

GC--how are you doing? I think about you every day---

Lion----my laptop is giving me grief---took me 1/2 hour this morning just to get rid of the black screen----had to turn it on and off several times----was going to gift myself a new one when I am no longer a MRS. who knows when that will be Woman Frustrated

jackie---whats going on in the big city---will you get any of that storm from Florida?

Weather here has been wonderful---cool and cloudy in the mornings but nice later on--weekend will be warmer but not nearly the hellfire it was. but so dry and crispy. Fire is at a very high risk. 

DD and I went out to lunch with my brother and wife Sunday---she brought me a pot full of lilies-----almost cried--they we some I gave her before I moved-- I found a couple little bulbs before I moved, threw them in a pot and then planted them here at the apt---had 2 buds on 2 stems but something blew off the railing and broke one of the stems--I was crushed--had one left out of the 4 dozen that I had----but now I have 6 or so--she is  very good SIL. 

Hope you are all well!!

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam - well, it's finally cooled off here, way cool, like 58, but I'll take that over the 80-90's and humid any day.  Although it's cloudy and we've been getting rain on and off, it's better than living in air conditioning.

I have 5 dozen farm eggs I need to so something with!!  A friend of mine (an NP) has chickens out in the country and shares her wealth of eggs, and boy are those girls producing!  I am making a breakfast casserole, which takes a dozen eggs and will also make some hard boiled eggs to eat and make egg salad.  She does not wash the eggs so they will stay good for a long time with the protective covering still on.  And some feathers, etc, etc Smiley Very Happy

I am loving my all in one computer so far.  Because it is new, I do have to sign in to sites I go to because they don't recognize my new computer.  And Microsoft keeps trying to worm it's way in, which is annoying, but so far have warded it off and gotten out of it.

I remember seeing pics of your beautiful, gorgeous lilies - they were so pretty!

I know Stripey cat takes special cat food, but what brand is it?  They changed the formula on the one I get and Lucie is fond of throwing it up now, on the carpet of course.

Hey everyone, what's been going on?  Anyone want some organic, free range, happy hens eggs?!?

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness --OMgosh---5 dozen eggs???? I would take a couple dozen if I could----isn't that amazing that if you don't wash them, they stay good on the counter. My sil used to give me eggs and they would be covered in all sorts of grossness-- her hens  were not well kept and just laid eggs anywhere. 

I am feeding stripey a prescription diet now--but go to petsmart or chewy and look up food for sensitive stomachs, both dry and wet---I am doing a urinary type diet--well not me personally--Woman Wink so stripey doesn't get any more bladder stones--

I will have a few pics of lilies this year, just not the profusion I have had in the past.

We need rain badly here---been 21 days of no rain--very unusual.

Am making thai coconut soup with tofu for dinner tonight. dd and I made spring rolls this past week --were amazing. I love soups!!!

Respected Contributor

OK I'm back. Decided to clean out my kitchen cabinet that we keep our food in. I don't have a pantry. Also purged clothing in my drawers. 

Last week I finally left my house to have dinner with friends. Yesterday I wasn't too happy about going to his cousins house in NJ. 4 out of 6 of them had covid. No one is vaccinated. I just said well we'll see how effective this vaccine is. We spent 9 hours there. Stupid husband goes into the pool and decides to choke. I said 1, don't go into a pool when your loaded with wine. Two hold your breath when you go under. His 86 year old aunt said what the blank is wrong with him. I said I guess he wants us to go to a funeral. He kept on saying I'm OK. I said sure you are. Let me know when you turn blue. Idiot. Well everyone gained weight. We all look bloated to say the least. 

Today rest up. Then tomorrow I attack something else. Back really hurts. 

OK I'll take some fresh eggs. 

GC how are you doing?? 

Pam sounds like everything is OK for now.

Respected Contributor

Jackie - I thought you got hung up on trying to get signed in - it's been a blast lately.  Ok, over a dozen are gone, but you get a dozen and so does Pam and if GC doesn't show up soon, her dozen will be gone.  

Sounds like you married into an interesting group, never a dull moment.  Were any of them born with or acquired any common sense through the years???   I had a few doozies in my relation myself.  The one I hated the most was my cousin's husband - he was quite a bit older than me, at holiday gatherings he would always greet me with slobbering kisses and hugs.  ewwwww, I couldn't stand it, yucky.  

Pam , youv'e gotten to what I call the negotiation stage where they try and see to it you both end up with equal assets going out of the marriage.  Of course it is never completely fair, but they try to make it look that way on paper.

It's supposed to get warmer and more humid again.  I am really disliking this summer.  Also, this is when my granddaughter died - 5 years now.  It feels like a long time, then again it feels like it was just yesterday.  I miss her so much.

Well, better get to bed so I can toss and turn all night.  GC - are you still catching up on your sleep - I wouldn't be surprised if you were, work too.  Lots to process through your mind.  Been thinking about you. Take care.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---was wonderng if you were madly cleaning something----yes , I guess things are ok--no news yet--so no news is good news?? 

Men!!!!!!!!