Honored Contributor

OMgosh---today the temps are nearing 110* !!!!  right now I am sure the apt is in the 90's inside even with all the fans I have going---I am in my bedroom with a/c on and stripey cat is in her bed loving the coolness in here--she sleeps in her kennel in DD room at night--she does not like to roam at night--but poor DD is at work but will leave at 1 today---she went in at 5 this a.m.

Heard back from my lawyer--asked me to look at the prelims of the X's  settlement---- told her to shoot him down and go for the gusto. She agreed--I was going to give on a few things but no way when  I saw the figures on paper--  she is going to write MY settlement up to present---we will see.  😒

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Made it home yesterday.  Didn't see Lion or a parade.  Thought there was going to be plane issues, but everything turned out alright.  It's never good when there's a gate change, but we had 2.  My coworker and her husband took care of things here.  She used my washing machine while I was gone and ended up cleaning the house.  Her husband mowed the lawn today.  So other than laundry, I'm caught up.

Yes, I need to catchup with Lion.  We'll have to meet up at the place with the big escalator.  One of these Friday's.

Jackie, yes teeth are expensive.  I think I told you mother has teeth issues.  She was driving and another car crossed into her lane.  She ended up hitting her mouth on the steering wheel.  Lost the 4 front teeth on the top row.  I can remember going to the dentist from an early age.  Mother would see the dentist in the green room and sister and I would see the hygienist in the pink room.  LOL

Pam, that heat is horrible.  I bought mother a fan last year to put in the kitchen window.  It almost feels like an air conditioner.  I bought it on Amazon -Holmes twin window fan for $46.

Miami building situation is horrible.  It feels like deterioration is likely.  Nobody will be able to live on the coast after insurance companies raise rates.  The folks had a condo in Tampa area.  The big thing there was flooding.  Something happened and insurance went crazy.  Father wasn't able to insure the condo with a local company since they lived out of state.  He ended up getting his CT agency to bundle the house in CT with the condo.  The funny thing was it was on the second floor, so there would never be a flood.

Okay Pam, you need to ask for transportation money.  Ex has family car.  You want half the value, plus some uber funds.  I'm not kidding.

Not sure where I am on sister.  It's still so unreal to believe it's real.  The phone not ringing is odd.

Respected Contributor

GC glad you made it home OK. Yeah we had gate changes when we flew from LA to NY. Pain in the neck. How wonderful that your co worker took care of things in your house. One less thing for you to do. It will all hit you with sister. You just have to work it all out in your head. Everything happened so fast. 

Pam as I see it you have one goal. Financial security. Just remember if you get half of his pension when he dies so does his pension therefore you need all of the cash that you have. You didn't ask for any of this. He did. 

Another hot one today. I have no desire to go out there. Husband doesn't mind it. Well he lived in Australia for 24 years and the heat there is brutal. But everyone goes out and they don't complain. It's always a good day for laundry when it's hot there. Since everyone hangs their wet laundry out on the line it dries in like 10 minutes. That was the highlight of my hot days there.

Purging again. It keeps me out of trouble. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ---well .... we made it thru the 107* hellfire yesterday---hottest in history ----our bedrooms stayed very nice but the rest of the apt---good grief--was like walking on hot coals--got up at 4 this a.m to open up the bowels of he!! to let in some cool air--cooling down nicely---supposed to be 90 today--normally I would fuss about that but that is 17* cooler--tomorrow back to normal???? in the low 80s. 

glad you made it home and how nice  your got your house cleaned and lawn mown---very nice people.  Yes  Iam sure you are still in shock over everything--haven't had much time to really process things. takes time chickie---just take it slowly----

I did add transportation costs in with the financial disclosure for the lawyer--prob not enough, as I wasn;t quite sure about it---maybe can amend that--will add that to my list for her. No the fam car went to my nephew--but do have X's list of cars with vin #s to my lawyer and then to my brother who worked on them all for many years, as to their value--going to try to get $$ for them. should be interesting for mr X when he gets his eyeballs on that--he will flip out!!!! those cars are/were more precious than me or the kids. 

No parade???? geez lion--whats up with that???/Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --I think.... that I will get all the retirement/pension in a lump sum--altho that is a good question to ask--s-o-b better stay healthy----another question to add on the list--however there isn't that much --he started with  the union about 20 years ago maybe--2008 wiped out his 401K---will need financial advice once this is over.

Man this heat is horrendous---and being cooped up in one room is awful--with time out in kitchen to eat and drink and potty trips, then back to the a/c--was feeling claustrophobic---cooked early in the a.m. for meals--that helped---stripey cat finally got it thru her cat brain to come hang out in my room---she was roaming the bowels of he!! before--cats are so dumb!!! Need to do the laundry---and house work. ran the dishwasher yesterday.

Was so hot for the last few days--the green leaves on the tulip tree outside my bedroom  window, actually burned and are bown and shriveled up--- that is flipping HOT!!!

Respected Contributor

It must have been the gate changes - they showed up at the wrong one for the parade!!!Smiley Mad

Well here is some of it that I had planned:  

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness --Now that is a parade!!!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Oh I almost forgot the floats!

image.jpeg https___images.squarespace-cdn.com_content_v1_5dc020dabde55b468ed9e595_1573821822681-GJBBUPWPPI1U8K49OOHU_acyday.jpg_format=1500w

image.jpeg https___c7.alamy.com_comp_MW7X1H_festival-float-during-the-main-madeira-flower-festival-parade-MW7X1H.jpg

Respected Contributor

lannie you crack me up. Well at least you got my neck of the woods with the floats. I'm sure you made GC feel a lot better.

Pam it sounds you have work to do. I can't really speak for other states other than Nevada, Texas or Florida and NY but we don't pay city or state taxes on our pensions. It also may include Arizona. I only pay federal tax which isn't that much. Also once he finds out that you know all about his cars he may want to pull some shady stuff. Those cars are considered assets. 

Yup it's hot but not like what your going through. AC's are on. Husband says go out. I said you must be nuts. No place I need to be that's for sure. 

My girlfriend came in from Florida to get away from the heat. Well that's a joke. It's hotter here. 

Everyone stay cool. 

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!   Now I  EXPECT something like that on my FREEDOM DAY.........whenever that happens......sheesh Woman Embarassed