Respected Contributor

OK I'm back. Thank you Pam for your birthday wishes. The sun came up, I'm still breathing so I figured i was ahead of the game.

Dental appointment # 3. It wasn't too bad. Cavity undeath the crown. He had to smash the crown to get to the tooth. Cavity filled and temporary new crown put on. I guess I get impressions next week. This is my social life. 

Hope everyoe is doing well.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---so much with the teeth!!!! is this mostly from the chemo or did you always have high maintenance teeth? I have had a lot done due to the chemo but nothing like what you are going thru-----

Went to the eye dr today--been 3 years and he found spots of blood in my left eye ,  due to diabetes issues-----have been pre-d  for awhile and really didn't do much about it--now am thinking it's time to get serious--have an appt with my primary tomorrow so will get her on board. been feeling just plain ole cra*py for months now and thought maybe that could be the reason.  but got a new script for glasses but will keep my frames. And the best thing----I didn't get those awful eye drops that make you blind for hours--got a retinal scan--4 each eye for $39, which my ins doesn't pay for---dr can see eveything on a big screen--thats how he spotted the little dots of blood. so back to him in May for a diabetic eye scan and to get my new lenses.

Always somethingWoman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Pam I just don't know what to make out any of this except that I developed dry mouth. I think one of the major mistakes that i made years ago was going to a union dentist. We didnt make a whole lot of money and the union would pay a dentist who would except assignment. They weren't the best. Then i said this is crazy I'm having too many problems and started going to a private dentist. When he got sick I found out he was a drug addict and had problems with the teeth he filled. I started going to his dentist and I'm on the right track now. 

Pam I can only suggest but a few years ago i was diagnosed as pre diabetic. I started taking Andrew Lessman's cinnamon and my numbers are normal. Its cheap enough and may help. And lord knows that I live on chocolate. 

It's good that yu are following up on your eyes and your medical issue. It's not easier getting older. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---Well finally!!! could not sign in to post anything yesterday--no was not banned :Woman Tongue: this website was being weird--again!

I did get my labs back and yes my a1c is 7 but glucose is normal---have high but not crazy high, numbers for infammation, (CRP) and a erythrocyte sediment thing---so not sure what the next step is--going in for my last shot today so will ask my dr. about it.

I did take cinnamon years back--I just need to stop the huge amounts of carbs I have been eating--the pasta, bread , all things white, flour, sugar and such and put my big girl panties back on and figure it out. 

Have had alot o dentists over the years and most have been fine--one guy, endodontist--root canel guy, messed up so badly i actually had 2 root canels on the same tooth--he didn't get all the root out the first time--had a do over and surprisingly--haven't had any trouble with that tooth to this day--knock on wood. But my teeth are not the same as before the chemo. 

So hope you all are well----

pam

Honored Contributor

Got my 2nd moderna shot yesterday----dear god in heaven-Woman Surprised-----what a horrendous night I had---kind of like being beaten with a 2 x 4, then thrown down a flight of stairs then getting hit by a car--all at the same time---none of which I have had happen to me---I THINK I slept, not sure tho,  but took some tylenol finally around 1 a.m. and that finally calmed it down. Being upright is better than laying down---my arm is sore too and got the chills. And most weirdly-----my palms hurt as well as the bottoms of my feet.  But.......I am vaccinated .Most my family is,  or will be in a few weeks---we may be able to get together for the 4th-of July--unless this 4th wave of covid lays us out again----so going to take things easy today and prob tomorrow too.

pam

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Pam - that's the reaction my sister had to her second Moderna shot.  She actually threw up even, it was awful.  Thankfully didn't last long.  I was pretty good with my 2nd Pfizer, just tired.  My arm didn't hurt bad at all with either one, which I am totally surprised at.  My arm always hurts like crazy after a shot.

I am really loving my new LeCreuset pan.  Made a casserole in the oven and it turned out perfect.  Made a total burned on mess of the pan, but it was surprisingly easy to clean up.  Than you Joe B., for the extra money to be able to buy it.  It was on sale, I saved $140.  So expensive but so worth it with the quality of the pan.  The things that make me happy, LOL!!!

Jackie - I am suffering right along with you in the teeth department.  When I was young we really did not take care of our teeth very well.  I spent many painful hours in that old dentist chair with and old dentist and an old loud drill, it was never ending.  In those days, they just got dentures when your teeth gave out.  My teeth were ok, not very good, but when I started taking better care of them,  I didn't have so many problems.  

Then came chemo and one root canal and crown after another.  I don't even want to think about what's ahead for me.

GC - how are you doing, do they have a final diagnosis for you?  Rash gone?  I know nothing about auto-immune type diseases, except it's something I don't want to have - there's enough wrong with me the way it is.  I see your company is doing some moving out of state - will that affect you?

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---at this point in the day--2:38p.m. pdt--I am feeling better--muscle/joint aches mostly gone, still a slight headache and the backs of my calves down to my feet hurt---and am tired, but also tired of laying down--weather is back to rain and chilly too--so not feeling like I want to go for a walk. What a crazy few days with this shot!!! and maybe a third one in later in the year---geez!!!!

What color is your new pan? So nice when you get something new and you love it. 

Respected Contributor

Wow Pam that's a horror with the 2nd shot. I just got chills and felt a bit tired. Went away in a day.

Of course you have some inflammation in your body with all of the work you were doing and the stress. I bet in a month or so it will go away........ Lannie I'm so happy you love your LeCreuset. I have 3. Two were wedding gifts. One I bought on TSV from QVC. Makes all of the food taste wonderful. Except they are very heavy. To be honest we use our lodge cast iron frying pan more than we use the Le Creuset. Everything else goes into the air fryer. We don't cook the way we used to. When he opens up a can of corn he uses my old farberware saucepan that is from 1975. It still looks brand new. 

GC how is your rash coming along.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---You know--I didn't think about the  lab results having much to do with my reaction to that shot, but I bet you are right----was still a little wonky yesterday but i didn;t sleep much the night before either--my teeth hurt along with the rest of the torture from that dang shot-----must be full of anti bodies the way I re acted to it Woman Happy

i have a 6.5qt cast iron dutch oven that is from Macys but is not a L C brand and that thing is so heavy!! It is in storage . Never cooked in it just made no knead bread in it---it is a beauty in the flame red-

Respected Contributor

I have 2 pieces of the LeCreuset, one is a 6.5 qt and is so heavy that I have to lift the cover separately from the bottom.  I mean, I knew they were heavy, but why does the cover have to be that heavy?!?  Must be a reason.  That one is dark teal.  

The other one is 3 1/2 qt I think - the sautuese pan in Meringue.  I love it, it's just the right size for a lot of different things.

I used it recently and when I put the food into a different container I (carefully) used a large stainless serving spoon and now I have gray marks on the inside of the pain.  Really??!!?!?  I paid that much for a pan that I can't use a stainless spoon it?  They're fading a bit, but I was devastated.  I guess you can only use plastic utensils?

I did not have much of a choice on the colors and they both were on very good sales and colors choices were very limited, but I love them both.  I do like the dark green and of course the red colors also.

Pam, have you heard anything from your lawyer?  I assume your ex has been served the papers and hopefully it will not drag out, which only means more money for the lawyers. Hope you're feeling better.  Some day we'll probably find out those vaccinations did all sorts of weird things to us!!