Respected Contributor

GC - Yes, Pam is the mint girl with her phone.  When I bought my LeCreuset pan, their newest color was mint!  Just not into it right now.  

Hope you have caught up on your sleep and that everything is ok out east.

Jackie - you really got a good deal on your phone!  How did the call with your stepson go?  Don't know if I'd want to settle in Austrailia, don't even know if I'd want to visit - flight is too long!  They have a family to think of too - how old is their little one now?

Pam - sounds like you are settling in just fine!  I never knew there was such a thing as a tulip tree, had to look it up.  The ones I saw were beautiful, pink mostly.  What color is yours?

Respected Contributor

Easter has come and gone. I hope everyone had a pleasant day. I had the salmon with honey and mustard sauce. Loved it all. They cooked, cleaned up and we just paid. Works for me.

Conversation with stepson and stepdaughter was a bit strange. When we asked what was going on they were very vague. He said he has two possibilities for a job and she has one. Well, either you have a bloody job or not. She just knows that she wants to be in Melbourne the end of Oct. She is not meant to be a stay home Mom. she wants to work. There she has a full time babysitter. I found it strange that her mother was in the background and never came over to say hello to us. I really never want to see these people again, ever. Husband wants to visit them in Melbourne knock yourself out. 

lannie, I'm lucky with getting good deals on phones. It took awhile to get this deal. I waited for Christmas when I knew they would be offering something good. I got the bill in front of me. My iphone 12 cost me a total of 259.00 with the trade in and promotion. 

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---It is pink---all shades depending on where in the cycle the buds bloom---and they are huge flowers----most are bloomed and starting to turn brown and falling as the green leaves are starting to grow---really a nice camoflauge for the parking lot below. is a lovely day today--not really warm tho--in the low fifties and the wind is cold. tomorrow will be back to rain and grey and almost 50*.  Normal for here.

Yes for the most part we are settled--still a box or 2 ever present---Been working on my desk trying to get it organized----really nice not having any bills to pay as I paid all of them off. Did I tell you that there are food trucks that come to the office parking area every week here? Been to one so far---this week is tamales which I LOVE. Next week is cuban mexican fushion--very interestng and one will be polish food---kind of fun.

Honored Contributor

I.thought Lion was talking about a mint green top.  Well, I guess I mangled that up.  I don't know that I pay much attention, but I don't know that I've seen a mint green phone.  You're on the cutting edge Pam.

Salmon, love salmon.  Someone else cooking it, even better.

Not sure that I'm settled.  Suitcase is unpacked.  I have three boxes I mailed here still sealed up.  I'm exhausted by the time I'm done working.  It's just crazy at work.  I refuse to start before 8.  That though makes the day not end.  I get done about 7.  Too busy to eat, so that's good.  LOL

Mother's alright.  She can't find her handi cap tag. Last place I saw it was in the car.  It never leaves the car.  I'll have to send niece over to look under and between the seats.

Respected Contributor

GC you have all weekend to do what you want. Sleep is probably the most important. At least you can now take care of you. 

Pam it sounds like your more relaxed and enjoying your new neighborhood. 

Went to the Oral surgeon yesterday for a checkup. This whole thing is going to take months. Next appointment in a month for another checkup. Then a month after that he takes xrays to see if i developed more bone. If I did then the implant. If not another bone graft. Happy days!!

Stepson wife and child are heading back to the UK today. I would rather eat nails than be in their shoes with an 8 month old on such a long flight.  when they return they will have to be in lockdown for 2 weeks in their house there. 

Other than the above I'm in the house. Numbers are going up. Won't be fully immunized till next week. I'm spending my birthday with my other dentist on Tues. Isn't that exciting. Told husband he better find me pizza and a slice of chocolate cake. 

Hey lannie what are you up to.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ----yes I can say I am enjoying being where I am; not minding walking everywhere. And really LOVE not having a car anymore--altho way more convienent but most my needs are in town so a 20 minute walk is not bad. Have a heart dr appointment in May that I will Uber too and then my annual onc appts too after that. Getting my eyes checked next week---, need to do as much as I can using mr.X's insurance until the big D is final----I am covered until then--haven't heard from the legal peeps in a while so am thinking all is ok. and best of all--haven't heard from numb nuts either. alo signed up for medicare to start in June--or when I know for sure what the timing of the big D will

be---don't want to pay for any medical on that until I have to. X's insurance is incredible

Dang jackie---all that dental work -----makes me shiver---

DD got her 2nd shot Thursday--had a fever and horrible joints pain--- worked only a half a day yesteday then came home---was up most the night and sweated thru 2 sets of pj's---now the nodes under her shot arm are tender and she is very tired----but feeling better---she got the phizer. I go back the 23rd for my last one------

weather here is back to winter--cold and wet--tons of snow in the mountains---but then by Sunday a stretch of warm dry sunny weather nearing the 70's----i miss my plants!! Lilies should be sprouting up by now--gave them all to SIL so none with me.

Maybe will et my son to load up some bags of dirt and a few plants to decorate my tiny deck--I did bring along a few pots.

Good weekend to all!!

Honored Contributor

Definitely get some flowers on the deck, Pam.  You like your plants.  You can put a tomato in a pot too.  Nephew plants two tomato plants in pots on mothers deck.  One is big tomatoes, the other cherry.  ExBIL is a nut gardener.  His tomato plants get 6 feet tall.

I met my new Dermatologist on Thursday.  I have a rash on my forearm.  Had it a couple years.  Previous derm said I was allergic to sun.  I asked primary to refer me again.  He took two samples from my arm.  Called today and said a have a mild form of Lupus.  I wrote it down, but was waiting for details in the portal.  They didn't come yet.

Going for the yearly CAT scan on Thurs.  Was supposed to happen in Dec.  Chemo Dr said he'd get off my payroll after the scan.  Learned he started partial retirement too.  So he must have known for a while.

I'll be all Dr out for this year.  I'll have seen all of them in the last couple weeks, but oncologist.  He's now yearly in Sept.

Nothing exciting going on here.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ---yep, think I will get a couple toms and then put herbs around it in the very huge pot I brought with me. 

got a new hummingbird feeder too so will put that up to see if I can attract some here--I miss my 4 hummers too. 

New owners are now in the house--living in stacks of boxes--asked if I could send him pics of the wild life that was around for his daughter to see--she is 8 or 9 I think--he said sure---

I have a few drs appts coming up too--next Tuesday is the eye dr and in May the cardi dr then the onc dr in June. Want to get all ths done while I am on mr X's insurance which will be until the big D is final.

Lupus, huh-- don't know much about that ---did dr take a scraping or a tiny biospy?  Geez--just add another bit of garbage to the pile, right??!!!

Beautiful spring week here weather wise--going to be in the mid to upper 70's by sunday---Cat Very Happy

pam

Respected Contributor

Nice birthday. Liked spending part of it with my dentist. i really like him. Went to dinner at our local pub thanks to Fran who gave us a gift certificate. The only thing I really wanted was their hamburger plate. They make great burgers. Brought half of it home because I wanted a slice of their chocolate mousse cake. Heard from all of my friends from all over the country. Florida, Spokane, Virginia and San Antonio and Brooklyn of course. Hopefully it will be a good year. 

I know nothing and I do mean nothing about plants. I have a fake ficus tree in the house because I would kill the real thing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@JackieHN ---well sounds like a pretty good b-day to me!! A belated happy one from me Woman Very Happy---dinner sounds pretty delcious too.  Am impressed Fran remembered you?!! 

Have 3 fam members with April b-days--

I'm not a garden pro by any means but just hate that I won't have my crop of lilies this year. But I did manage to bring along a few empty pots so will try just a few plants on my tiny deck. am walking to town to pick a few out along with a bag of dirt and DS will meet me there to get me and them back to the apt. have to water carefully as to not flood the downstairs deck---we'll see