Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---no party yet---will be on March 12th: that's when the house is turned over to the new owners---got my cash yesterday---yahooooWoman Very Happy so until then --more packing and moving-----re scheduled my move for the 4th instead of the 1st--then I can stay here and finish up without going back and fourth in my car that maybe.....has 2 weeks left of life--am donating that as soon as I am settled--it is running like garbage----will be carless for awhile . maybe forever---I hate driving and hate the expense--we'll see.

Yes I am sure I will not regret all this---and will get my peeps to move on the legal part of it as soon as I don't have to come back to the house----March 11th or 12th. 

But tonight, I am ordering take out from a nice Italian place just 5 minutes away, to celebrate--DD is coming up to help pack/move today so she will enjoy good food too. the hubs is moving to his new place everyday,  and still being the perfect man----so will use that until the end. No i won't miss any of that.

Respected Contributor

Jackie - OMGosh, I have never "found" a dead person and am sure I would have nightmares over it.  I was with my Mom and Dad when they took their last breath, but that was different somehow.  I want you as my neighbor, you can handle anything!

Pam - money in hand, always a good thing!!!  You're on the final stretch, soon to be single lady!  Where's our vaca going to be - you name the place, LOL!

GC - it's March!! Won't be long now and you'll be home and be able to take a breather.  You can be my neighbor too, you are such a good caretaker and we would have fun!

Well guys, I had my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine and no side effects, not even much of a sore arm at all.  Can't believe it. I was a little more tired out than usual.

My sister had her 2nd dose of Moderna and got really sick - severe chills, headache, fever and even vomiting.  Said it felt like the worst case of flu you could ever have.  She's fine now, but I thought it was interesting, the difference.  

Respected Contributor

Well, Jackie got totally disgusted and wrote to her assemblyman who happens to be a nice person about not being able to get the vaccine. 5 minutes later I get a link to get an appointment at this place which is 10 minutes from my house. He said it just opened. To my surprise I got an appointment for 8:15am on Sunday. Got my jab and was so happy. It's the moderna. Lord my hair hurt this morning along with every other part of my body. Went away. The place is one of the catering halls here. Very nice. 

Well Pam, guess husband isn't moving to the end of the earth. He's staying local. I'm a little confused. the moving company is coming and will assume they are taking your bed. If you stay in the house where are you going to sleep.

Lannie she was dead for a few days but she still looked pretty good if you like smurfs.  

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---no--- on the 4th, when all my big stuff gets moved to the apartment, I will start living there then, and will go back and forth to the house to finish up,  as we still have until the 12th before we are out forever. It's only a 4 mile drive, so won;t be awful--the man slept at his place last night--first night in weeks/months, i slept decent---tells you alot, right?? Got a ton done at the house as hubs was gone most of the day--dang---- he totally disrupts me trying to get stuff done---had to order him a new phone so he could keep the same number we've had for the 35 years we have lived in this house---couldn't go to target to get a cheapy phone----so now i have to set it up too---am counting the days!!!!!!!! 

My dr emailed me about getting the covid shot this week--told her I need to put that off until I am moved and not worrying about moving/packing---I think she has Moderna---

New owner is flying here on the 11th to get the keys and see the house---probably won't be here--will let the man do that---

will be getting the paperwork to start the legal process today too-

Spent the whole day yesterday sorting my kitchen stuff--marked the cabinets that still need to be packed and then got eveything in my car to go to the apt. even filled up 5 boxes and a huge garbage bag of donation stuff----got DD and DearSIL coming this weekend to help with more moving to storage units. then should be good until the last day when the last few things will be moved-Got some cleaning to do too---still a mind boggling thing even tho i am so close.

pam

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---it is good to have all that house stuff done---and nice for the cash--been fun paying off my bills too---but need to be very mindful too---will be finding a financial person to guide me and then medicare and supplemental stuff and making sure i am able to live  comfortably. We can vaca in our minds--not planning on a trip anywhere for a long time, if ever--not a fan of flying anyway. Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

Pam - , no actual vaca, not in these times - a virtual vacation!!!  There actually are such things - just have to decide where we want to go.

Does this look good??  St Thomas, Virgin Islands

A beach in Puerto Rico.

Honored Contributor

The house is sold, wow.  How lucky is that.  Good for you Pam.  Glad stripy cat is ok.  But a new couch for you.

The poor neighbor dead, wow.  Kinda sad. Father and I found paternal grandmother dead in bed.  She had a big house and rented out bedrooms.  A tenant called father.  I'll never forget seeing her and the hearse picking her up.  I was 16.

Lion is all shot up, wow.  Bet you are glad that's over.

Took mother to Dr today.  Healing is going good.  Don't need bandages on head anymore.  Need to put ointment on head for a couple weeks, then it's good to go.  She can shampoo now. 

Thigh will take longer.  It's still bleeding here and there.  Mother says it aches.  Dr said it needs time.  We go back again next week.

Lion, flight is two weeks from tomorrow.  It's going to be weird.  I took W-Th-F off work to get settled in.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness --ok friend--book the whole enchilada---everyone invited----send the bill to me!!!!!!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ----so happy mom is doing well---what adventure that was!!! Bet you will be glad to be home---Yes, the house selling was a major shock fest for me-----not in a million years did I think this place would sell for so much and so fast--the"man" said i'd thank him for all this..............well??.....in some ways yes, I guess, but mostly got the path to freedom handed to me........ will stick in my craw tho. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Well all-----here we go--- I  slept in this house for the last time--and it was an awful night I might add--too much to think about---got the movers coming this a.m. then will unload my car, come back for stripey cat and sleep in the new place tonight--am planning on staying there Friday to get organized but will have to come back to finish up --still a bit to pack and move.the hubs has been staying the nights at his place--not worried at all about me being alone here--not that I expected any less from him---just goes to show how done he is after 45 years of marriage---ditto----fire burning brightly in my belly to get legal things moving---

So will post when I am moved--wish me luck