Honored Contributor

@GCR18---oh yes, dr gave him the ok if he thought he could handle it-----and the bosses know too, so up to my brother whether or not he can handle it. Maybe some light work for a few hours a day for a few weeks? Bosses want him back ASAP but only if he can handle it. 

Yes the house will wait------

Respected Contributor

I don't know if this will go through but I was watching a video confrontation in NY. This college kid is telling this woman to go behind the rails. She said don't you tell me where to go. I will walk where I want. I was hysterical laughing. He backed down. Don't play with us Brooklyn girls. 

Respected Contributor

Well, it's blazing hot here with no end in sight - GC stay cool and wear your mask, we're up over 500 virus per day again.

I'm mostly hiding in my air conditioning, although today I didn't have to turn it on til about 5.  Have to go to the dentist for my final appointment next week.  Still haven't rescheduled my blood work or drs appt.  

Pam, I hope you are doing ok with everything.  Everyone is so sick of what is all going on and people are just getting stressed out. It's a lot to cope with, and then not to feel good - you just take care of yourself.  Things can get done later, or by someone else - give them a list.

And Jackie, those young twinkies better think twice about giving orders to a Brooklyn Babe!  Woman Wink What do they even know yet anyway.  But be careful - I don't want to see you on CNN or some viral u-tube video.  I think your Duck Dynasty side is starting to show.....go have an ice cold Diet Coke!

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness---blazing hot?? what is that?? I am still dressed in layers, long pants and shoes and socks here---got the heat on too. so grey and wet right now ----not really wanting blazing hot but some sun would be great----

I am feeling better--went back to my chiro Tuesday and she gave me such a tweak-

Spoiler
Spoiler

--was sore yesterday but feel ok today--and so far, the arm is behaving---

ok pushed the wrong button so got this stupid grey box-----Woman Frustrated

Was just thinking that a year ago we were preparing to move out into the rental----OMG---makes me cringe just thinking about how much moving I did on my own.

think I can manage to hang a few things on the wall tho---nothing too heavy to left. Would love to hire a handyperson to come do the little things around here but my money tree has not done very well this spring/summer---and not sure I want a stranger in my house. 

I did go to get my hair cut Monday--man, I vacillated back and forth over that--should I go or not; but I did and she just trimmed me up and evened out the long wispy things and more or less gave me a bob---looks great. this way if this state closes down again, I can do my hair and have it look ok. Last time I went for a cut was the end of Jan. thank heavens I don't color my hair anymore. 

ok---thats all

pam

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's hot here.  Probably not as hot as other places, but too hot for me.  Humidity is turned up too.  It's going to stay that way for the next week.  Yuck.

Nothing going on here except rising virus and heat.  I'm hiding from it all.

Respected Contributor

OK I'm back. With everything that's going on in NY I was a bit depressed. My once beautiful city is in the toilet. Everyone is getting out. Our Governor finally woke up and said we have a problem. Well where were you in June?? Now that he is on the news he finally woke up. 

Nothing much has been happening here. Very humid and hot so I've been staying in. Husband goes on his daily romp to Coney Island. I wish he would bring me back a Nathan's frank. 

Waiting for the baby to be born. His son said no one is coming there until the baby is immunized. I think I'll sit this one out and we'll do zoom. Lord have mercy. Children aren't that fragile. 

I'm sure we're all in the same boat. Staying in. Going out for food and emergency hair coloring and cuts. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN-----glad you are back--don't feel like you are are alone with this thing---everyones town/state is in the toilet. I'm staying home--plain and simple--the hubs is still working and not talking---DD is working too,  altho she ventured out Saturday to meet up with some friends---not crazy about that decision. think total shut down is just a few weeks away here.

My back is out of control---went to my chiro again yesterday----third appt in 7 days. the thing just doesn't stay fixed for long and I swear.....I am behaving myself.

chiro thinks it is stress related due to  the hubs behavior,  as I told her about his little act of stupidity. Got an appt for next Monday but she will call me Wed for a Thursday appt if needed. she is a great chiro!

So the forth around here was like living in a war zone---amazing amounts of bombs going off until midnite. I thought stripey cat would be on the ceiling but she was pretty normal. good it was on a Saturday----no one slept much. 

One thing I did manage to do yesterday, despite my back--got new toilet seats for  2 old toilets and installed them. Was ready to clean the old ones and looked closer at how totally disgusting they were and beyond saving---they were the oak ones from 100 years ago------hated them for years---and numb nuts, just can't seem to notice that stuff. AMZ to the rescue. and of course---numb nuts didn't say a word about them when he saw them--so typical. 

Our new baby--almost a year old now---and his folks, my nephew and wife, just moved into their new house last weekend. wondering how baby will adjust to new people without face masks when and if we survive this thing. i've only seen him a handful of times and it will prob be several months before we see them as I am NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

ok going to do a little house work--gotta keep moving----

pam

Honored Contributor

Pam, ask the chiro for a couple exercises you can do at home.

We're still limping along here with no real rules.  I'm not looking for no trouble, so I'm hanging low.  I had the hair cut in May when they just opened.  I'm just going to let it grow and worry about it down the road.  real

it was hotter than not today.  It was only like 90, but the air was heavy.  Temp is going to drop 10 degrees for the w/e.  I have been ignoring yard work, but need to get on it.  I have some bushes that need a good chop.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18---I do have a few exercises  that I do a few times a day--just think when I get this arm thing brewing and need anti b's-- it makes my system more susceptible to these things--at least that has been my past history. 

well our weather is back to rainy, cool and grey----has been the coldest june/july here in 18 years-----guess that is ok--hate hot, humid weather--every thing is beautifully green and lush-----

I figure WA state will be closing down again soon--and OMG---what are the schools going to do-----numb nuts wants to kill everybody using their own kids now-----glad my parenting days are over--my kids would not be attending in person.OK, am going to do my most fave job----LAUNDRY!!!!!!!

pam

Respected Contributor

OK ladies we are all going to the Padre Pio Rotunda. Every year I get the notice and every year I send my intentions. Husband mailed it today. 

Hope all of you are well. Everyone here is having anxiety attacks from everything that is going on in NY. We honestly feel very helpless because under NY State law there is no recalling of elected officials. So I guess we just have to wait it all out. sometimes you have to hit rock bottom for things to get better. I know many of you are having issues where you live. 

Quantas airlines have banned all international flights till next year so I guess my stepson's mother and inlaws won't be heading to the UK unless they go by British Airways. It's a very long flight and considering everyones age it's probably not a bad idea.

I've been in this house so long I'm going to start growing roots soon. Bettwer that then getting this ****** virus although our numbers are low.