Respected Contributor

GC - I know, that's what my son tells me, be careful.  I don't even go out hardly at all, so why is it when I do, I get the stupid ones - maybe because there are so many?!?  This one really made me angry, I could get the virus from him.  I put both hands or a tissue over my mouth when I sneeze no matter where I am, virus or no virus.

My Grandson is graduating from high school this year also.  They can't really plan anything with the way things are, it's kind of impossible.  I know they were thinking of setting a later date, like in Aug, but who knows what it will be like then, the way everything is opening up now.  The class that had no graduation, no one will forget this year.  In the card I got him, it says there will never be another year like 2020 - they got that right!!!

They say for cinnamon to be effective, to take at least 1/2 to 1 teaspoon every day.  I did take AL's for a while, but had to take so many, it wasn't worth it and I didn't want to quit taking any of the other ones of his that I'm on. And it should be a certain kind of cinnamon and I don't think his was it.  I'd have to research it again.

Respected Contributor

Lannie there are two types of cinnamon. One is Ceylon and the other one is cassia or something like that. Now the second one can be toxic to the liver if taken in large doses. The other one doesn't work too well with elevated blood sugars.  this is going to be a test. If his A1C comes down in 3 months I will know that it had some effect because he's certainly not dieting. He's just taking 350mg a day. 

Lord he didn't go out yesterday or today. He's making me nuts.

I feel so bad for these kids not being able to go to their graduation. They worked so hard and can't even enjoy their big day. 

Honored Contributor

Niece was always a shy kid.  They lived out in the country and there were no kids near.  They couldn't do things after school because the ex wouldn't pick them up.  Had a long school day because of the bus ride.  They were picked up first and dropped off last.  The bus picked up all the other stragglers that lived in the middle of no where.  Finally getting into high school, niece made a bunch of friends.  She was so looking forward to the prom and graduation.  

Lion, no talking to strangers.

Respected Contributor

Oh GC my heart breaks for your niece. Hopefully at a later date her friends can arrange something to make up for this. 

So Jackie decided to go out of the house today. Well I had no choice I had a Podistrists appointment. Time to get the foot and ankle checked out from my fall 2 weeks ago. Still swollen. Husband the brain said oh you may have CHF. I said you wouldn't know CHF if you fell over it. Anyway xrays were taken. I have a bad sprain. If I do intend to walk wrap it with an ace bandage. Basically stay off of it. My ace bandages are a bit old. The clips don't work and I refuse to use swafety pins so I ordered new ones from amazon in different colors. So here I stay for now although the fresh air felt really good. I sat outside for a half hour while he was getting his feet done. Watched all of the idiots without masks on. 

Honored Contributor

Hi all!

Yes it is a drag that the grads are not able to celebrate this year. I was listening to the news and jobs for that age group are next to nothing----many had jobs but they were revoked from all this virus stuff---

I have a chiro apt today----first one since the beginning of the year for me---will be intresting---thought I could deal with my old bones but man alive, I need to be cracked. And then in June I have an appt for blood labs for my onc appt---not sure if she really needs to see me or if we can chat on the phone. My brother is going in for his cancer surgery on the 1st. 

Numb nuts--(-the hubs)---did actually say a few words to me but only short sentences---nothing earth shattering and is still not talking for the most part----you know if he weren't here---not talking would be great--then I wouldn't have to even look at him. He just doesn't realize as time goes on, his behaviour is becoming somthing he can't repair. Going on 3 weeks now----oh if I could have one do-over-------Woman Mad

Stripey cat seems to be better--not chewing, licking, scratching so much but still has her skunk stripe down her back and a very pointy tail at the end. Have been putting her shirt on to prevent that,  but had to order more as the lemon one is almost in shreds. maybe flea stuff is working---

Beautiful day today---and the next few too. My veggies are growing into tiny plants. will need to thin them out. 

ok, not much more!!

pam

Honored Contributor

Niece has had a few disappointments.  She's going to a local University in the fall. Since the fender bender, dear old dad cancelled her car insurance.  Said he wasn't paying the higher rates.  I can partially agree with him, but he should have been a parent on the front end.  If she had any kind of rules, she wouldn't have been out driving around.  We still haven't figured out why she was where she was.  She just says she was taking her friend home.  Home from where is the question.  Her brother has to drive her to classes.  That ought to be fun.

Stay off the ankle and chill Jackie.

Pam, that poor kitty.  I feel so bad.

I am hitting the road next week.  Going to see mother.  

Honored Contributor

Hello===Smiley Happy

Went to my chiro dr yesterday and holy cow!!!! do I feel better. but was pretty sore yesterday so just hung out and did not do anything---you should see my kitchen counters--piled with dirty dishes--obviously the dishes fairy was taking a break too!!! My dr also informed me that she does not go anywhere but home after her days work----that her hubs does all the food shopping and she goes to and from home to work and that is all. Nice to know that. didn't think about what our  health care people do after hours---but it makes sense. will go back in a few weeks instead of waiting for months-----got my temp taken and we both wore masks and did the hand sanitizer thing too. No one there but her and me as she tries to stagger her patients so that no one is waiting together. 

another lovely day here----not much happening-----seriously doubt this county I live in, will go into Phase 2 on the 1st--still too many sick and dying here. but many dumb a$ses out with no masks----why?????????????

pam

Honored Contributor

I like a good chiro appt.  Was told my chiro retired.  I haven't been by there to confirm.  She is no where near retirement age.  

We had crazy rain today.  Over two inches.  Sun tomorrow.

I have no idea what stage of opening as are as there are no guidellines.  Everywhere can be open, but I don't know what is actually open.  I read the mall is open, but with shorter hours.  There are four anchor stores, but 2 already went under.  The other two are Macy's and JCPenney, but they aren't doing very well either.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of solicitation.

Respected Contributor

GC - I hear you loud and clear. Some places are open with restrictions and some places are open with curbside pick up and some are still not open at all.  Who knows or can keep up with this?

i had to go to Walmart yesterday for my meds and no incidents, yay!!  I just avoided eye contact with anyone. ☺️ Minded my own business and went home. 

Haven't planted my barrel of flowers yet on my patio. Don't know what to plant. It's the same every year. A spike plant, impatients and hanging ivy.  

we got 3" of rain the other day but needed it 

hope everyone is ok.