[ Edited ]

A little humor:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Valued Contributor

My mother-in-law only had a fever for one night--she's been fine since--the nursing home continues to keep her isolated.They don't have a test kit to use on her--so we don't know if she has the virus or not. We insisted they keep her there and not to send her to the hospital--they are respecting our wishes.

Grocery shopping online for home delivery was a disaster. They only delivered half of what we ordered--but never texted to tell us--so we couldn't tell them what to substitute if items weren't available. No deli items at all (are deli counters closed?)--only two meat items arrived--no seltzer or frozen veggies--no sliced bread--and on and on. Now my husband will have to go out grocery shopping tomrorow--we have no choice. Our stores only allow one customer in per cart, so he will have to go without me--plus we only have one face mask--he insists I stay home--not that I have a choice. Grocery delivery was a waste of time & money--not doing it again--delivery & service fee came to $17.95 plus a $5 tip for the driver. So disappointed!

How is everyone holding up????

God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMommy

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness----oh my godfrey!!!!!! You made me belly laugh. Felt good !!! 

thanks---

Honored Contributor

took this photo of stripey cat this a.m.---made me laugh out loud too----can you see her tongue sticking out? What a tank!!!!!IMG_E0231.JPG

Respected Contributor

LOL Pam! 😂 please don't tell her you shared such an "unflattering " pose with us!  She looks like I feel. Dentist appt tomorrow. 😥

Honored Contributor

Oh no Remysmommy.  The kids had an issue with empty shelves at shoprite early on.  My mother's had cold cuts since.  The store always calls with any shorts or subs and asks if there is any else we want added.  Maybe your neck of the woods is more populated.

Pam, that cat is skinny.  Rick was 18 lbs in his heyday, but he was a tall cat.  Lucy was shorter.  I remember the kids laughing at her when they were little monsters.  They would chase her to watch her belly away side to side.

Lion, you jokester.  You have to keep laughing.

Respected Contributor

Lannie some good ones. Made me laugh. Good luck with the dentist today. Let us know what happened with the dentist.

Got up at 6am. Jumped in the shower and off to stop and shop. Husband wanted to come with me. Deli closed. No meats at that time. However they had everything else except for Hebrew National salami. My peeps bought that stuff up. Will have to wing it this year. All of the Kosher Deli's are closed. Not even going to worry about it. Store wasn't crowded at all. Then I headed to bagel boy and got some chicken salad, potato salad and tomato salad. That should last me for 4 days. Then I'll worry about the other 4. 

Pam thanks for the picture of stripey cat She's a honey. 

Graciesmom. it's a horror trying to get a food delivery in NY. You just have to go to the markets. Lord knows I tried. It did feel good getting some fresh air. 

My day is done. I'm pooped.

Respected Contributor

Well, Passover starts tonight. Husband had a brainstorm. He said let's just have a normal dinner before sundown. He likes to eat late. I don't. I said it works for me. Have to call my brother who will tell me that I didn't do enough to get the proper food for the holiday. I need his lectures. Like do what you want. We have a pandemic going on here. I'm at the epicenter of this mess. Passover is my least concern.

Expect to hear from you today, lannie with your mouth. 

Gracies Mom it's a horror with home deliveries in NY. I even called Zabar and forget about it. You just have to go to the markets. I came home yesterday and had 3 oz of tonic water, zinc and Vit C. Not too paranoid. Everyone has to keep tonic water in the house. Quinine in it. Surely not as much as the medication but it's something. 

Respected Contributor

Jackie - Went to the dentist yesterday morning. My mouth was actually feeling better.  He took out all what he had done from the previous visit.  All that suffering for naught!!!  He took another x-ray and low and behold yes, I indeed have an abscessed, infected tooth.

I had to decide root canal or extraction.  He explained things and left it up to me.  I decided to go with root canal and crown, even though it is way more expensive.  He is going to refund me the $400 I paid for the first visit.  I have already taken money out of my retirement account for it.

I hate the thought of extraction, there can be issues with that too.  We talked about going to an endodontist, but my dentist had done my last root canal and I asked him if felt confident doing this one and he said yes, he does root canals, he doesn't do extractions, though.

So once again, I wasn't getting all the way numbed, it hurt, so he went and got something and put it in my tooth and finished up and it wasn't too bad.  He said one of my nerves had died and was almost gone.  I'm still on the Amoxicillin and have to go back for part 2 of my root canal and crown when he can legally open his office and do these things again.

Ok, here is the bad part.  I was pain free yesterday.  This morning at 1:23 AM guess what woke me up - that's right tooth/mouth pain.  Had to get up, eat some crackers and take a full dose of Advil. I"m on my 4th bottle.  I almost cried.  It's been ok since then, but the way this has been going........ 

And Jackie, don't worry, your God will not hold you into account for not being able to celebrate the passover. (Exodus 34:6).  You weren't able to get the supplies you needed for it under extreme circumstances and you did try and were unable to. Heart

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN 

May The Festival Of Passover Bring You The Blessings Of Good ...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise