Honored Contributor

Good morning all!

Just got a text from my brother who is in Florida for the weekend----and guess what----all the places he wanted to see---are closed!!!! My aunt lives in Lake Wales --not sure where that is but nothing is open------now what did he expect?? But for sure, he is not going to Europe next month----duh!!!!!!!

Got stripey cat home yesterday and she is still acting whacky----but dental bill was about $200 less than was quoted and she got her ears cleaned and nails trimmed as well as bright white teeth--I even got pics of each tooth --the before and after----- so she should be good for awhile---

not much going on here altho weather is chilly, it is dry----birds were crazy singing this a.m. and can hear the tree frogs at night--had a coyote run around the street and prob down our prop line to get to the creek---don't see them much in the daytime. 

pam

Trusted Contributor

I have been having trouble posting so, maybe if I keep short, it will help.  

Arm movement improving and, @JackieHN, no washing windows!  I can raise my arm almost fully up with only a little pain in chest & rib cage.  I can lift the smaller LeCreuset pans as long as I lift lid and pan separately.  (Why didn’t I think of this before surgery!?)

And, most importantly, I can carry my tea tray upstairs with small teapot, cup and cream pitcher!  
After occupational therapist "decorded" me a few weeks ago, improvement has been steady. Still a lot pain, especially in ribs and sternum.  (Also some sporadic pain in the “dog ears”.)  

Mostly alternating Advil and Tylenol every 4 hours; 5mg oxycodone occasionally at night when pain is really severe.  
Latest CT now shows 3 liver metastases (largest 3.5cm) along with those in the ribs with some soft tissue component.  Will be starting Xeloda in about a week. 

After seeing what my husband has been going through with his shingles, I got 1st Shingrix vaccine Friday.  Oncologist said good idea but, to get  before my Xeloda treatment.  

Trusted Contributor

Gracie: Congratulations on your good scan results.  Wonderful news.

Lion:   Thanks for telling me about your experiences.   I knew before going into surgery that there would be axillary dissection; surgeon took 7 lymph nodes, 5 were malignant.

Pam: Sounds like you and stripey cat are making it through your winter and all the remodeling.

Jackie: Sometimes husbands need ultimatums!  Even without any of the current health concerns, I don't know if I could go on cruise with my husband, trapped in such close quarters. Our apartment is bad enough!

Something I forgot to mention in my last post: my tumor cells/tissue from surgery has been injected into several mice to grow.  Testing of various substances will be done to see what drugs/treatments my cells might respond.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and information. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@trenet--I have to say--by your post, you sound a little better than before---and isn't the de-cording thing interesting---my p/t did that with my first mastectomy and while not painful--for me anyhow--it felt strange and sounds funny too, but really made a difference in my range of movement. I also had the node dissection with 6 out of 8 nodes affected and removed along with my breast. Now my second mastectomy had none of any of that involved, as it was a straight forward removal with no cancer or nodes involved. Was an elective surgery.  And how interesting that they are growing your tumor cells!

Glad you are doing better!

pam

Honored Contributor

Oncologist appt was uneventful, which I figured.  He said he was going to move me to The five year club, but apparently he forgot he said that.  He said next appt in Sept.I

Yes, I generally cool as a cucumber.  The way I see it is why worry about it.  Say I was told things weren't okay, there is nothing I can do.  It's totally out of my control.  I know though that not everyone thinks that way and that's okay.

No new tire.  So since I filled up the tire it hasn't budged.  It's still full, so I did nothing.

Told Friday we are to work from home for the next three weeks.  Exception is critical employees.  I'm on the critical employee list.  There are like 8 critical employees.  5 of them have to go into work.  They are in a large conference room sitting far apart.  Nobody else is allowed to enter the building.  I don't know if when I'm assigned to do what they do, if I have to be there.  Getting conflicting info.

Respected Contributor

Are we all having fun yet?? They want us old ones to stay inside while the milenials spread this virus all over the place. I don't think so. Have toilet paper to find since I didn't calculate right. It's all a mess.

trenet as far as your recovery you are doing well. I washed windows for several reasons. You have to understand something about me. When I'm stressed I clean. Walking my fingers up the wall didn't work for me. I'm so happy you came out of this without an infection. As far as your liver. They will find out what will work for you.

Pam how is stripey cat???? My contractor still hasn't shown his face here yet. With everything going on I'm not going to bother him. 

GC glad the tire is holding up. Aren't promotions wonderful. Now your essential personnel. With a title comes all of the ****** that goes along with it. At least you won't be traveling anytime soon. 

Husband goes into work and the student didn't show up. He said the trains were wonderful. No one on them. He finally told them. This is it for me as far as going into the city. I'm at that age.

Everyone stay safe. I couldn't get a food delivery from a supermarket if I stood on my head so out I go tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

gc---so glad your appt was B-O-R-I-N-G-----I still go every year to see my onc dr. It's been since 2012 when I was dx------

jackie---stripey cat is back to her sweet self and breath fresh as a daisy!!!

I did manage to order groceries online--normal for me---but they are coming Wed night---I ordered Sunday a.m. Keep adding to it and now I need to pare it down since the grocery stores are not crazy. Went there with DD this a.m. and it was fine-----but she may be home soon as her work will prob shut down---she works in an orthodontics lab, working on a 3d printer for the mouth gear for dentists and she just heard that the dental offices will be closing except for emergencies. So as soon as they get thru their work load that is in progress--well she will prob stay home,  altho she is the one employee that has been there the longest next to her bosses so she may go in and help them out. the hubs is still working-----What he does, does not involve many people-----mostly building, fixing things--he is a carpenter but does it all and supervises others outside that field----

I do the laundry!!! Forever I am doing laundry it seems------If it were just 10* warmer outside, stripey and I would go work in the dirt---has been lovely weather but only just near 60* and freezing at night. Did notice my lilies are staring to poke thru the dirt!!!! Am going to amp up my deck gardens this year------more veggies I think----got strawberries coming next month------

pam

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

GC yes congrats on your oncology appointment. I knew it would be fine. 

Dentist called today to cancel husbands cleaning. According to the ADA he can only take emergencies for now. 

Had my outing which was food shopping. Of course no toilet paper. The dairy section was being stocked because they ran out of milk and eggs. Very little bread. However I got my chicken salad and bagels. Then headed to CVS. got some more paper towels and a great find. Zicam lozenges with zinc. Bought two. Also was able to get baby wipes. Will cut them up and use for cleaning important parts when I run out of toilet paper. This country has to get their act together with toilet paper. They should have limited the amount people bought when this whole thing started.

I guess because of my age I'm suppose to stay in. Tomorrow then I will be out again on Thurs at 6am for senior shopping at Stop and shop. Then maybe I'll isolate. 

Honored Contributor

I saw that stop and shop had senior shopping early morning.  That would be great for mother, but she wouldn't go.  She can't get it together to get there that early.  I have a hard time getting her up, dressed, fed and out by 10.  Then she'd leave it there were no handi cap spots. 

I tried to get mother home delivery, but couldn't get a slot.  I finally settled on pickup, but mother wouldn't go.  Then I asked nephew if he would pickup. He said said no, he'd rather shop.  I emailed him list.   he didn't scroll down far enough on the phone, so He only got a portion.  So I fix the list and he goes again.  Still didn't get list.  I give up.  I'll order delivery in two or three weeks.  I have mother pretty well stocked anyway.  I told sister she raised kids with no basic skills and they'll never be able to live on their own.

Glad stripey cat is doing well.

I'll send you TP Jackie.  Or you can visit mother.  I just ordered her a case of TP and towels just before I went to CA.  I order stock up items here and there, so it spreads out the bill and she doesn't run out.

Respected Contributor

GC thanx. I'll manage. I hope Amazon steps up to the plate with getting more essential stuff in. Also the markets are limiting the amount of TP folks can buy so that will be a help. Yur nephew has to be smacked upside the head. maybe his brains will fall into place. 

I noticed something really funny in fairway today. All of us boomers. We had no masks or gloves on. who had masks on, the millenials. I just laughed. I said it's probably a good thing because they are the ones who are going to spread this virus anyway. No cares with us older folks.