Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in....

My friend Deb died two days ago from ovarian cancer--I knew it was coming, but am still shocked and sad. She fought hard for six years until it spread to her brain last month---that's when her body had had enough. Her passing has rattled me.

My hubby Joe had blood work the other day--CBC came back with an abnormal white count--and neutophil count (another type of white cell). He wasn't sick. Our doctor did a repeat CBC yesterday and we're waiting for the result---I'm a nervous wreck, as usual. Thinking the worst, of course. Joe tells me he feels OK and not to worry so much.

In the meantime, his Mom was admitted to the hospital with leg cellulitis--they cleared that up--and we all decided she should live in a nursing home at this point. She's 94 years old, mostly blind and deaf (refuses a hearing aid or cataract surgery)--Joe's middle brother was taking care of her for years, but he cannot do it anymore--can't lift her or bathe her--there is no choice but to admit her to a home. She is not settling in and keeps begging all of us to take her home. It's heartbreaking, but none of us can care for her properly. Joe is upset and that is wearing on him.

I do have a question....have any of you tried CBD oil for your aches & pains? My arms & legs always ache--lower back too--I thought it was the Lipitor, so I stopped it nine weeks ago--pains are the same. It might be the Letrozol, which I can never stop. My internist and endocrinologist agreed that CBD oil might work for me, but am waiting until I see my oncologist next month (after my PET scan) to ask her opinion--and if it's safe for me to take without starting up my cancer again. Any thoughts?

Hope everyone is doing OK....

God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMom

Respected Contributor

Hi @Gracies Mom  -   I am so sorry to hear about your friend, a sad loss and I am sure she will be missed.  Hope Joe's tests come back ok, you guys don't need anything more to deal with.

I do take CBD oil daily - it ended up helping my neuropathy in my feet.  That wasn't what i took it for, but that's OK!  Both my primary care and my cancer dr know I am taking it and are fine with it.I take the drops in the unflavored oil, hold it under my tongue for a while and then swallow with a bit of water.

Just watch the dosage, I take a good 6 mg of full spectrum CBD oil once a day. It is very confusing to try and decipher the dosages on the different brands.  The label may say an amount, but it might be for the whole bottle.  Hemp oil can be in with it, but only count the actual CBD (cannabidiol) for the correct strength.

This is what I buy, have gotten it at a couple different health food stores.  I know it works so I stick with it.  It does come in several different forms.  Take care and give Remy a couple pets and kisses for me!

image.png

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness--what brand is this oil?

@Gracies Mom---very sorry about your friend; can imagine how it affects you no matter how prepared you are---and what a decision about MIL too--but she hopefully will be safer if nothing else--hard for these elderly people to accept new situations sometimes and awfully hard on the family too. Good luck with Joes blood work--and how is little Remy these days? Need a pic of him to brighten up the gloom of February!!! I use a cbd cream on  my aches and pains but that is topical. I have been taking RedYeast Rice for my high cholesterol as I can't take any statins and also tamoxifen that used to make me achy but that seems to have passed and all I need it a couple of tylenols. will get labs done friday to see how the lipids are doing.

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam - thats the odd thing about this, CBD oil seems to be the name.  If you put in a google search for Plus CBD oil, it will come up, you should be at their website.

There are so many different brands it's gotten ridiculous and difficult to know what you are really getting.  Many different thoughts on it too.  I've also gotten some from Terry Naturally and they are very knowledgeable and their website is a good source of information.

Are you pretty much out of your boxes?!?  It's like spring cleaning to the max!  How's Stripey kitty been doing?  I'm getting cabin fever here with the snow and cold - today it was -8 and that's not a wind chill!!

Valued Contributor

HerRoyalLioness...

Thanks so much for the info on the CBD oil that you take!!! Much appreciated!! Good to hear that your primary doctor and oncologist agree with you taking it--so far my primary and endocrinologist agree with me trying it--waiting to see my oncologist for the final OK.

Also appreciate you posting a picture of the bottle of the CBD oil you take---will look into it.

Hopefully it will work for my aches & pains due to the Letrozol (I think).

Still waiting to hear from the doctor about Joe's CBC---the waiting is a killer. Joe tells me he feels OK--maybe he just had a viral thing his body was fighting off--hence the higher WBC/neutrophil count--or maybe even a lab error? Always some sort of drama going on here!!

Thanks again for the info!!

God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMom

Valued Contributor

Hi wagirl!

I'm assuming the CBD oil used topically has been helping you? Is there a reason why you don't take the oral capsule?

Hope your lipids come back acceptable. As for the Red Yeast Rice---Joe tried to take it when he couldn't take a statin anymore because of side effects---within a short amount of time, he got the same side effect from the Red Yeast Rice--terrible pain in both legs and ankles. Now our doctor has him on two supplements--Berberbine and Kyolic---our doctor knows of a cardiologist who uses these supplements on his heart patients who cannot tolerate statins--Joe has been on them for six months and his lipds have stayed the same--not higher or lower--our doctor said to stay on them and have patience.

Remy is doing fine--can't believe he will be 2 years old in April--we adopted him 15 months ago. He is a joy and a delight--always making us laugh--he's the "Mayor" of our neighborhood--knows all of the neighbors and loves everyone! Will post some pix!!

God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMom

Valued Contributor

Proud Man in the living room 6:5:2019.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Remy-Upside down-5:2:19 copy.JPG

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness---Yes---finally the boxes are gone--for the most part--maybe 2 or 3 and those will go into my tiny storage unit that I rented--out of sight , out of mind--for awhile anyway. Now all that is left is the wall decor--need help with that for some of the things---to help make sure they are level and even---I did put a few things on the walls--am over that they are freshly painted----still need some attention to my kitchen but amazingly--have alot of empty space to use so will re arrange when the mood strikes---Stripey cat is fine atho still chewing on her backbone--took her to the vet as she needs her teeth cleaned again--and vet told me to give her allergy meds for her itchies-I give her pumpkin along with no grain, no chicken foods. Never had a cat that was so labor intensive before.

Will look up that oil too. Weather here has been great but chilly altho not YOUR chilly. So much rain for so many weeks here so these few days of sun is very welcomed.

pam

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom---don't know why I haven't tried the cbd caps---but the cream really soothes my aches and pains---I remember that your hubs had issues with the red yeast rice and I may have had some of the same type of aches and pains for awhile, like from the statins, but seems to have settled down. Also alot of pain from the tamoxifen too which I take instead of the type of cancer meds you take. but not so much now and if I need a pain reliever, xtra strength tylenol really helps me out.

Oh thank you for my dose of Vitamin R---(remy) Woman Very Happy I needed that---he is so adorable!!! Cracks me about about being the mayor---my cat is in charge and I am head of her staff!!!!

pam