Respected Contributor

@embgm- congrats to you!!!  The 5 year mark is a very good milestone, I'm happy for you and wish many more for you!

This board has been a life saver for me.  Having people who knew you weren't complaining, but really knew what you were going though was such an outlet for me. And even if I was complaining they were sympathetic, lol!!!

Doing my Happy Dance! HeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

@trenet- glad it went ok for you, we never know for sure what to expect.  How often do you need to get these injections?

For diarrhea I got the softest tp I could (Charmin Soft), or even personal wipes help, also some Vaseline.  It could be just awful without some tlc!

Well, I'm just going to say it - as a rule men are not very good care takers, not like we women are.  I have my theories on why, but that's another matter.  Just keep remembering they are useful, but like Pam said, we need to treat them like children, giving them many thanks and appreciation for doing things we wouldn't give a second thought to if we did them.  We have to make our needs known nicely because they seem to be incapable of realizing it on their own and resent our "telling them what to do".  Even then it doesn't always work.  But at least you do have someone there to help out.  My cat was useless!

Take care and thanks for letting us know how it went.

Respected Contributor

Good news all around. Em congrats on your 5 year mark. Trenet I'm happy to hear that your side effects are minimum. Next time you go to the Dr or just call them to see what you can take. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to get upset anymore with my husband. When your fasting for 25 hrs a lot goes through your brain. Just remember their brains are wired differently than ours. And not in a good way. 

Pam it sounds like your on your way to moving back into the house. You had so much frustration about upgrading it before this all happened that now you can enjoy a brand new house. 

GC no boxes. they are allowing bicycles and shopping carts. People had luggage down there. Anything that can catch fire. 

Husband has been working. Oh happy days. 

Respected Contributor

GC - I’m not sure about the 26th because my grandson will probably be running in the sectionals for cross country and it will be his last race as he is a senior.  I will be going to the conference meet this weekend. It’s supposed to rain of course.  

Last time I went to a meet it poured the whole time.  I got soaked and muddy even though I had an umbrella. Two hours out in the pouring wind and rain will do it. Trails for spectators were pure mud.   What we don’t all do for our grandkids!  I don’t see them that often and this important to them. 

Yes, my team is doing good despite not playing very consistently, but that is to be expected with all the changes that were made. Amazes me!

Trusted Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness @wagirl @JackieHN 

My next Fulvestrant injections are Tuesday, then again in 2 weeks; after that, monthly.  I know it is too early for results but, I keep feeling my tumour to see if I notice any difference!  

I know my husband wants to be helpful and he does do a lot.  
If it is to make something easier for me, I just wish he would ask and then accept that I know my body well enough and not argue and insist the change is better for me.   I don't know if he is worse in that way than previously or, if it is just more prevalent since he is home so much more than in years past.  Or, maybe, I just have more and different parts of my body that hurt!   Probably a combination of all three.  @JackieHN, I think I, too, need to decide not to argue and get upset. (how?how?!!!) - it is physically and emotionally stressful.

Thanks for the comfort suggestions @HerRoyaLioness.

One of the nurses also suggested diaper rash ointment.  
It is a little scary trying to race to the bathroom, (quickly but carefully with my back and hip problems) especially at night -

I'm always afraid my foot will get caught in the blankets trying to

get out of bed!  

@wagirl    Congrats on getting back in your home. Enjoy!  

Respected Contributor

Trenet I told you their brains are wired differently than ours. You think my husband asks me?? Nope. I'll tell you a story. I broke my foot in 3 places. I was on bed rest and had that miserable boot on. I could only use the bathroom that was it. So brainless decides that it would be better for me to have cereal everyday for breakfast. i wanted my 1/2 toasted bagel. He said you'll eat what I give you. Then he decides that tap water is better than my poland springs. I said that's what you think. Now my foot was a mess. Got dressed when he wasn't home. Took my cart, walked across the street and got my water and food. Dr was screaming at me. What about rest don't you get. I said if you had to live on what he wanted to feed me you would have done the same. I was in that boot for another 10 weeks. My husband got the message. The Dr was looking at him like he was starving me. He wasn't but I don't do cereal. 

Your just hypersensitive right now. Your going through a lot. At least your husband is helping you out. Try to talk to him about it in a nice way. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Ok, I have a question.  Trenent, is the injection like a shot?  Not like chemo?  Just trying to follow.  LOL.  Is it suppose to be similar to chemo where the side effects are lower by the time the next treatment?  May as well have a chat with DH.  Tell him what's working and what isn't.

Jackie, well anything can burn.  I understand they want people to be safe, but it seems extreme.

Yahoo Pam.  Do you have an idea when you'll be totally moved home?

Lion, I have my Canada marching orders.  I'm going Nov 3.  How does Nov 23 grab you?  I think that's the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving week.  Check your social calender.

BFF, what's going on with mother?  

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 --- the big move will be Nov 2--- think that is a Saturday---- movers will do the big stuff. I will fill up my car with small easy stuff  during the next days/ weeks.  the cable co is coming Monday to re-string the cables thru the house as the tree pulled it all out when it tore thru the upstairs. Then carpets being cleaned Tuesday and THEN---- we can load up hubs truck with the other stuff and set it up per room. Tomorrow,  DD and I will start packing up bedroom stuff to move into them, as they are done now.

got DS coming a few times after he gets off work to help too and also DB and SIL next weekend. I think it will be ok. Will wear my sleeve and try.........not to over do.

pam

Super Contributor

Well, BFF's the DM saga continues...

DM refuses to leave the co-op and is going to lose her independent living deposit. DB  didnt go to Asia, but we were both upset when a another neighbor called to tell us DM not eating.

Visiting Angels out of White Plains, NY was hired (by me for mom) to come in 5 days a week, including a Saturday; it has been a godsend.

Jasmine has DM being so polite (DM is a lion w/me and DB). Her hoarding is being cleaned out, she's eating small meals, grocery shopping, laundry-in short everything we tried to do previously.

DM will also have Meals on Wheels starting tomorrow-they bring in a hot lunch entree  w/sides and milk and a cold dinner. All for $7.00 a day. I arranged this as well from my home and phone.

I'm finding out  some additional drama w/DB, who is has been married to a harridan; she told me years ago that DM: 'she's not MY Mother". I havent had more than 5 words over the past 20 years.

DB wanted his lace curtain Irish princess who looks like Meredith Baxter, but at what price?

btw: Declaring someone as 'incompetant' in NY state is very difficult: very lengthy process, very expensive as well. We have ebbn so worried about DM refusing our help that we had to look into it.

I went to the Sate Fair, ate funnel cake and corn dog and woke up the next day with a virus. I think I'm done with the Fair for a few years.

Super Contributor

GOOD MORNING TO ALL OF YOU .......Does anyone know what happened to Goldie ?