Respected Contributor

Pam just went to medicare.gov. See if you can sign up on that site. You may get some answers. 

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom - I'll definitely pray for Shelly as she goes through cancer surgery.

How is Remy doing? I'll bet he's a real comfort to both you and your husband.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Pam - I went to Medicare.gov like Jackie said and created an account for myself. It is very informative and easy to use (surprise, surprise). 

I only had part A Hospital, when I was still working.  You can also call or visit your local office if you have one, but be prepared to wait. 

Jackie - finally saw a new dentist and hygenist says I need scaling and root planing. SRP. Some of my back teeth are down to 5-6 measurement, to the tune of over $2,800- is she crazy?? Plus a $1,700 crown. Don’t have an extra 5 grand to spare, but that sounds like an awfully lot. 

Respected Contributor

Lannie, rip off with the dentist. A crown in Ny can cost about 900 bucks. If you have a dental school in your area they do it a lot cheaper...... Don't ever lose your password with medicare.gov. Ask me how I know....... However I do believe that Pam will get her answers there. it is very user friendly. 

Honored Contributor

Of course, graciesmommy. 🙏

My mother has my father's health care and prescription coverage as primary and Medicare as secondary.  When the time comes, I'll get Medicare.  I have a health care account through work that I can use to pay for any coverage.  I have no idea how that all works, but I'll worry about it when the time comes.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Mia and Jackie for the prayers for Shelley. Her mastectomies are scheduled for 2pm today--it is a 5-hour surgery if all goes as planned--so I won't hear anyting until sometime later tonight. Testing her lymph nodes as well. My brother told me Shelley is in pre-op and seems calm and resigned to her decision to have both breasts removed. He will keep me updated. He has to be at her house to watch their kids--but her sister will text him to let him know how Shelley is doing. Even though they are divorced, they are on good terms.

Their sons are upset and my brother is trying to keep them calm.

Thanks, also, for asking our our dear Remy!!!!! He's great--but he's a brat--he gets spiteful and destroys things when he gets mad--he has already chewed up two of my new books, a few bags of pasta, a remote control and a few other things--we have to be mindful that we keep things high and out of his reach. We've heard Chihuahuas are like that. But, he's playful and cuddily--he zooms around our house to get out his never-ending energy--he makes us laugh everyday.

Last night I noticed a strange thing on his belly--it looked like a ring of blood, but it wouldn't wash off---Joe took a picture of it and asked other Chihuahua owners on a FaceBook page what it might be--some said it was ringworm, others said it was a fly bite--ringworm is contagious to humans, so that disturbed us---we took Remy to the vet this morning--it's a fly bite and quite common this time of year (we've had other dogs and never noticed anything like it before)--the skin lesion is not itchy or painful. The vet was wondrful and din't even charge us to take a look and set our minds at ease! Remy is relaxing on the couch chewing his bone---he didn't like the car ride or having the vet look at his belly--but now all is forgiven and he's happy. He also gained weight--he's 12.4 lbs--and is thriving. So glad we were able to provide him with a good home, especially since he was terribly abused.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day---and will post when I know more about Shelley--all prayers appreciated!!!

God Bless!

Gracies/RemysMommy

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom - hope all goes well for Shelley, that’s a lot of surgery.

And glad Remy is doing good and doesn't have ring worm, which is so contagious and can be difficult to get rid of. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness - I would get another opinion.  That sounds like a lot of money and a lot of work on your teeth.  Do you have dental insurance?

Respected Contributor

Graciesmom, your sister in law will be fine physically. Yes she will have discomfort but the good part is they did the reconstruction right away. It will help her emotionally. OK I need my remi fix. That means another picture. I'm happy that he is OK.

OK Lannie, I looked and my dentist charged me 150 bucks for a cleaning. Unless you go to a periodontist for a cleaning that charge is way too much. 

Valued Contributor

Proud Man in the living room 6:5:2019.jpegRemy-Upside down-5:2:19 copy.JPGJackie---Here are two recent pictures of our so very loved Remy, per your request. Hope they satisfy your Remy "fix!" Today he is 14 months old. The 75% Chihuahua has been coming out more and more---he has most of their characteristics and mannerisms--he can be so good and funny--other times he's a brat!!! The rescue ladies who saved him from dying are coming to our shelter on June 22 up from Georgia--they are bringing 13 dogs with them that are up for adoption. Joe & I will go to see them--to thank them for saving Remy--and to show them how he's thriving. Joe is in touch with them and they can't wait to see Remy again! We also plan to donate money to help them in their cause--they do such wonderful work and have saved so many dogs from bad fates--and found them their forever homes. Very special ladies.

Thanks for asking about our fur baby!!

Gracies/RemysMommy