Respected Contributor

@JackieHN - A friend of mine (younger than I am) gave up coloring her hair and let it go gray.  It looks gorgeous on her.  If I had even, all-over gray, I'd do the same.  However, I have gray here and there, and it doesn't look good without color.

Respected Contributor

Mia I couldn't color my hair for 6 months after it grew in. I was miserable. I looked in the mirror and said this isn't me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Mia - I just know your tests will be good, but I also know it's hard not to worry each and every time we go for them.  Heart

Jackie - my Plantar fasciitis is alive and well.  I did get 2 more pair of good shoes, a causual pair of sandals and a dressier pair of sandals, really cute and really comfy with good support.  The ones I wear at home are life savers.  I could not walk without them.  I think it is a matter of time. 

What is with these hair stylists!!!  I'm ready to call Edward Scissorhands!!

image.png

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness---have to tell you---as I wait to go get my hair re- done, I did laugh out loud at that photo---I think........ I've been to this guy before !!!!! Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

Lannei, love it. Send him my way when I get my next cut which should be in 2 months since my hair doesn't grow that fast anymore.

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness - I've suffered from plantar fasciitis also, and achilles tendonitis.  I do some ankle exercises every day (that I got from the physical therapist).  My ankle is starting bothering me a bit again, so I need to be more careful about what shoes I wear.  I've been wearing slippers around the house, and I probably should wear supportive shoes.  I did get rid of all my really flat shoes, as they were not supportive at all.

Thanks to all the ladies for wishing me good luck with my exam (with the hematologist) and blood tests on the 17th.  I feel pretty good, but I still worry.

Honored Contributor

good morning!

Now I want everyone to brace them selves----are you ready-------???? There may be some movement on our insurance battles for getting the house fixed !!!!! I know !!!!!  We got our insurance person involved and she stirred with a big stick and actually things are finally happening--I don't want to say too much---we will meet with our contractor Sunday to start a game plan-------only going on 6 months since the tree hit the house!!!!!!

Can't believe it is June 1st--my dad would have been 90 years old today--not sure he would have been alive til now as my mom was a beastly thing to him-----My b-day is the 3rd and wil spend the day watching 2 new movies at the theatre. Got my gift to me---Curtis Stones cookware from the  special value at HSN a couple weeks ago---such nice pots and pans--and I immediately got rid of as many of my old junk as what came new------

This month I go see my onc dr too. And get the labs done before. then no appts at all for me. 

Weather here is grand! sunny, mid 70's and dry. All green and leafy too. My lilies are growing like crazy; not blooms but that will start in July.

Hubs and a few of his friends are here working on old cars today--DD is gone for the weekend with friends so I will go do something---got my hair cut--is VERY short but got the weird places trimmed and shaped. Prob won't need another cut for a few months----and prob will be on the hunt for a different hair person--good grief--that makes 7 people I've tried in the last 2 years !!! My curse, I guess .

pam

Respected Contributor

@wagirl - I'm so happy for you that your house insurance battles might be coming to an end, and you can get everything fixed and back to normal again.

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08----thanks-Mia---not going to breathe deeply until that check is in my hot litte hand-----Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Yahoo Pam.  🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉  I'll keep my toes crossed.

Also, have a great birthday tomorrow.  🎂🎁🎈.  Go out and have a nice lunch.

I received sisters report from the Dr.  8 written pages and 2 pages of graphs.  I need to Google some words to see what they mean.  Jackie, what do you think about sister giving inaccurate information.  Mother was puzzled how the Dr could study her without knowing her back ground. She said she initiated the divorce, her ex stole the house from her, she doesn't see the children.  She said she started drinking because she was emotionally abused.  Not sure if that's her wording of the Dr.  Her medical background starts with her going to the local hospital and they diagnosed her.  That was her second hospital visit.  She spent nearly two months in the hospital by mothers house.  Then she went to a local nursing home.  She was kicked out after four days by threatening the staff.  That's when she was sent where she is.  After a couple days, she threatened to hurt herself.  That's how she ended up at the hospital the Dr is referring to.  I wonder if the test results would be different if the Dr knew the facts first before interviewing her.  Plus she said she had 1 job.  She had 5 and we believe she was let go from all due to drinking.