Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for your support with this foot thing. It's good to know I'm not the clutz around. However I would hate for any of us to break anymore limbs. I did notice that I wasn't paying attention at all to what I was doing. Bad move.

Pam the good lord works in his own time. I know your terribly frustrated over all of this and would like things to happen now. It seems to be out of your hands for now so I guess the only thing to do is to either punch a wall or take your anger out on this stupid adjuster. I would pick the latter. Hopefully the contractor will be back to work soon.

GC I'm happy to hear that your trip was uneventful. I'm sure your busy straightening out your mom's house.

Lord I have to vacuum again. Let's hope I don't kill myself with that stupid cord.

Respected Contributor

Ladies I survived the vacuum cleaner. Ripped the bedroom apart. OK I'm nuts because I have an oncology appointment tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

IMy oncologist released me as a patient yesterday! She told me to keep taking my Anostrozole until November which will be my 5 year anniversary of taking it. Yay!  Doc said I should have more energy, less pains and stiffness in my legs and generally feel better all around.  I sure hope so!  Em

Respected Contributor

@wagirl - I guess I've been watching too many HGTV remodeling shows.  If there's water damage in the ceiling, make sure there is no mold.

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08---yes that will be very evident as they have to take down the ceiling sheetrock. I have nothing to do with that part. It came from the toilet when the tree hit---I have a container under the water pipe in back of the toilet tha fills with water. Must have shaken loose something in the walls. It's not toilet water but clear, water from the service pipe that fills the tank.

Honored Contributor

@embgm--Hi Em--long time no hear from!!! Yippee--such great news for you. I go in next month to my onc dr. It's been a year since my last appt with her. Still taking my meds so we will see. Boy won't it be amazing to feel better after all this time !!! CONGRATS !!!

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08- I knew what you meant on the strap!  I want to go back to that shoe store and get another pair of good shoes only more stylish that I can wear out and about.  They have tons of them there.  He said he can also put an orthotic in if there is not the type of support I need in a particular shoe.  Only my pocket book is preventing me!

I found some ECCO sandals I really like online, and on sale, with a covered heel, but am between sizes and need to try them on.

Who knew shoes could make such a difference. Birkenstocks never fit me right and were not comfortable, so I just never went that route.

Respected Contributor

Em good for you that you are being discharged. I still have to go back in a year. Saw my oncologists PA this morning. She is off on Fridays. Well how did I know that. Anyway I got the results from the bone density tests and my numbers are much better since being off of the femara. Still have osteopenia but he said no reason to go on anything. Less than stellar exam. Not impressed. Made sure I see the Dr next year.

Lannie have you checked out SAS shoes. OK they are not gorgeous but boy are they comfortable. Wore them for work. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Way to go Em.  🎉🎉🎉

Pam, I bet it's getting old.  Time to get the show on the road.

Jackie, take it easy with your foot.

Had the house cleaned today. Landscaper was supposed to come yesterday.  Didn't show.  Nothing new for him.  He's always been like that.  I'd take him off the payroll, but he does a good job and mother likes him.  She lets very few come and work without me here and he's one.  I should have called him today, but will tomorrow.

Kids are supposed to come tomorrow.  They volunteered to help around the house.  I think they must not be feeling well.  They volunteer for nothing.  LOL.  I have yard work for them.

Niece is all excited to visit sister on Sunday.  She got her drivers license this week and mother told her she could drive.

Honored Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to you people and non people Mother's. 

Made mother breakfast this morning and gave her a new kindle.  Took her and niece to see sister.  Celebrated Mother's Day with her.  Took mother and niece out for Mexican food on the way home.  Have yummy leftovers for tomorrow.  Then made mother a bowl of strawberries and cool whip for dessert.