Honored Contributor

Good grief!!!!  I feel like its been years since I could use my computer/ipad---had a few days without only  the internet--had power, TV, landline--just no internet. so I fiddled with the router.& modem and by shear accident, hit on the xfinity wifi which I have never used-, it worked after setting it up---called them up to check out the modem, nothing wrong, no outages in my area---was driving me nuts--not a far trip,  the hubs STILL at home. And have a grand total of 24" of snow on the ground now----but its raining and warming up too.

But had the 2nd fright of my life, when the rest of the roof over our back deck, collasped from the snow--sent me running and blubbering and shaking all over again. Ripped right off the house and gutters are all toast but it also crushed the stuff underneath too--outdoor furniture, shelving with all my gardening stuff, pots of my lily bulbs and odds and ends. Can't open the back door now and who knows when the snow will melt. Some of the hubs tools are under there-----what a mess. Was a horrible sound like the tree falling-------

So------here I sit looking out of nothing but white-----------roads are still amess and no school again--the hubs part for his truck BETTER come today and he BETTER  fix it and he BETTER go to work tomorrrow -----or momma is gonna go postal!!!!!! Man SadCat SadSmiley SadWoman Sad

Respected Contributor

Oh Pam, what a mess with the roof and the internet. Glad you were able to fix the internet. Yup the sheer weight of the snow can cause a lot of damage.I'm sorry that this is such a frustrating time for you. As far a hubby is concerned. What can I say. My moron has been home for 2 weeks. Absolutely useless. Told him yesterday, wear the back belt when you go out. Oh I forgot. Then he complains that his back hurts. Just try to ignore him if you can. That's what I do. 

GC one more day and your out of there. Maybe next time you have to travel for work they can send you to a warmer climate. They should pay you double for all of the hassles you went through.

Respected Contributor

Jackie - you are exactly right to shuffle or walk/waddle like a duck in ice and snow, it is the safest way.  I've been doing that for a while, don't care what I look like.  Men never seem to grow up do they.

Pam - I can't believe you had a roof collapse from the heavy snow!!  Report this as a separate claim.  Oh my gosh, I'm glad you weren't out there, or stripey cat either.  What a winter this has been.  We've set records all over the place already.  Oh, and I haven't had any issues with computer or ipad on this site.  Exasperating when you do tho.

Mia - my forecast sounds exactly like yours, only to the west.  What we get seems to go  your way.  I too only have a cat at home to deal with, that's enough for me.  Don't have to cook, clean or wash her clothes, just pour some cat food in her dish, make sure she has clean water and litter box and we're all set.  

GC - it's actually pretty nice out today, hurry and get home!!

Respected Contributor

Sometimes ladies, you just want to throw up your hands and say I surrender. I used to do it at work all of the time. In fact I would wear a sign saying it. Everyone laughed. I said once you surrender it just takes all of the burden off of you. I leave it in Gods hands. There is so much I can do.

OK on a lighter note. His MRI results are in. No change from 2011 MRI. Everything turned up mild to moderate when it came to his bulging discs and stenosis. 

GC I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Canada. Have a safe flight home.

Lannie and Pam has the weather calmed down a bit there??

Hey Graciesmom haven't heard from you in a bit. More pictures of Remy please.

Mae how is your leg doing??

Respected Contributor

@JackieHN   and BFF's: I see ortho MD on Monday and begin PT next week after ortho MD. Canlift my leg doing reps w/a straight knee and can lft laying down; seated hurts more.

14 more weeks-rats! Still have palsy on sole of foot and 3 toes; gentle massage of leg and foot feels good and I hope helps w/bruising and swelling.

My ER bill for the 1st visit came to almost $8000.00-rec'd. EOB yesterday. Whew!

Honored Contributor

jackie------I just want to run away and never come back!!! I am done with this wife nonsense and caretaking of this stupid house and having to cook and do laundry----am done with it all-----just give me stripey cat and a full tank of gas and no snow---and I am outta here!!!!!

Ooooh that felt good-Cat Tongue---------hubs is finally trying to go to work for the first day in a week---wondering if  that monster truck  is turning into a lemon. It's got the parts needed now and  did a small trip into town to have it checked out and an oil change. . He said he will work the weekend to help make up for time lost---we'll see---

My car still has about 2 feet of compact snow all around it so not sure if I can do much. It rained yesterday and didn't freeze last night so things are melting very slowly. am down to my last 2 eggs and bread-----but my internet is good--turns out Comcast hadn't updated the modem in awhile; those things are done automatically they say----is that why I pay so much to them????---so DD spent an hour on the phone while they fixed it remotely. it is done and all things tech--work great!!!

Had a new contractor call us yesterday,  to chat about the house repairs--he is going to try to come out on Monday--all things have stalled and we've only  goten  1 bid and no word from the other 3 we sent plans too-----

Been so much fun!!!!!!Robot Mad

pam

Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Here's Remy today!! He's doing great--thriving, thank goodness--we absolutely adore him!!! Lots of puppy energy!! Remy loves to play and eat and just hang out with us--he's mastered using his wee-wee pad so he doesn't have to be walked when the weather is bad--love watching him go into his toy box to pick out what he wants to play with at the moment. Please--if anyone wants a dog or cat, do go to a shelter and adopt--so many needy pets just waiting for their forever home!!!

20181120_153737 copy.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom  - Remy looks so sweet.  What is he holding onto?  It looks like you have him partially covered with a blanket to keep him warm.  He looks like a little prince sitting on his throne.  I'm so happy for you and your husband.

I hope you and your husband are both doing well.

Honored Contributor

Remy looks like she's posing for the picture.  My mother wants a doggie, but I told her no way.  Doggies need to go out and she can't do that.

BFF, PT is good.  Means you're headed in the right direction.  Don't push it or you may have a set back.

I'm with you Pam.  I like my freedom.  Don't think I could ever give it up.

Lion, it was nice today.

Well Jackie, you should know by now that there's a gray cloud that follows me.  Yesterday was not a good day. Plane had a mechanical issue, three hour delay.  Would have missed connection.  No wiggle room with other flights due to weather delays from weds.  So the short story is it took 14 hours to get home.  Spent lots of time sitting around.  I was sooo tired when I got home.  Friend still picked me up.  Supposed to land 1pm.  Landed 11pm.  

Honored Contributor

Oh my Gosh---what an adorable little guy that Remy is!!!!!! So enjoy the photos!!

So----the hub's truck, you know, the monster truck that won't go in the snow---well, hubs drove it to work yesterday and it ran awful so he took it to a mechanic and....... it needs a new engine!!!!!!! He has had it for almost 3 months and has had to do minor tweaks to it from the start----that set off my warning light----so we think those bast^^rds from the car place KNEW it had major issues and fixed them to last only a few months----hubs paid cash for it and  he did buy a major engine  warranty too, so maybe that will save his bacon---can you believe it !!!!! Seems like the only luck we have lately--is bad luck!!! Except for my army of guardian angels......

Still tons of snow outside. But warmer and things are melting very slowly. Going to go get food today--its my first outing in over a week and we are down to 2 eggs and peices of bread....but stripey cat is all set food wise-----

what next???

pam