Respected Contributor

Sisters roommate needs a room of her own. How dare she take over two drawers.

Whew I think we handled a very delicate problem with his sister.. My sister in law's house is infested with bed bugs. Had the exterminator there about 4 times. She threw out a ton of stuff but the carpeting in the living room remains. I told husband I am not going there for Christmas. I escaped these critters for 30 years while at work, traveled half way around the world and I'm not getting them in Staten Island.He suggested to his sister that we go out to eat. She's open to it. Otherwise he's just going to have to tell her point blank. We're not coming until you get the all clear. Where did she get them from?? Either from one of the aides that came in to take care of my mother in law or the rehab center where she was. 

Honored Contributor

Spoke with the social worker.  She wanted to talk about sister's physical.  The state sent paperwork to be filled out by her dr.  Anyway, I told the social worker about the storage situation.  I didn't tell sister.  She said both social workers came into the room, shut the door and said we need to talk.  They told roommate she has too much stuff.  Sister said roommate was like who do they think they are.  So we'll see what happens.

Yes, go out to eat Jackie.  A couple hours and you're free.

Respected Contributor

GC I;m happy to hear that the social workers took care of the problem with the roommate. It's so unfair to your sister. Now let's see if they follow up on it. I assume this woman is in there for the long haul.

Stepson text's his father about what to get me for Christmas. Considering I didn't even get a Happy Hanukkah I decided to opt the anti. Normally I would just say a book. But I'm still quite upset that he couldn't make 1 hr for us before he left Perth. There was no honeymoon. It's like we didn't exist after the wedding.  So I sent my husband a picture from Barefoot dreams for a 99 buck poncho. He asked so that's it. I would never buy this for myself.

Oh this is a riot. Anthony's cousin invited my sister in law and family to their house for Christmas Day. However my sister in law never told them about the bed bug situation. I really can't blame her it's very embarrassing. She should just decline until she gets the all clear. We weren't invited which is fine with me. It's going to be a Jewish Christmas. Chinese food and a movie for us. That's what Jews do here. In fact it's a standing joke.

Respected Contributor

@JackieHN  so your Christmas will be more like the movie A Christmas Story. The movie w/the leg lamp.

For the 1st time in years we are staying home. DH can nurse his liver and cardiac and my shingles rash is beginning to suside and much less itching.

DH can be such a Grinch; he spoiled the element of surprise for his 'big' Chrsitmas gift this year : a Cashmere sweater in a cabled gunmetal grey. He loves muted blues, greys andolive colors. I have some littler gifts for him he doesnt know about.

Respected Contributor

Well Mae we're both going to have a spendid Christmas I see. 

As long as I can remember the Jewish tradition has always been the same. Parents would take us out for Chinese food and then to a movie. Every Jew in the neighborhood would be at our one Chinese restaurant. And so it still continues. Try telling a 5 year old why Santa Claus never visits their house.My father would say there is no Santa Claus. Parents buy the gifts. I would say that's not true. It's on TV. He would just say OY. I think the South park episode of it's hard to be a Jew on Christmas says it all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

That's even better Jackie.  Let them do their thing.  I just assume stay home home, but that's not happening.  Plane leaves 5:45am next weds.  Don't know if we'll go see sister on 24th or 25th.  I think I'd rather go on the 25th, but I'll see what mother was to do.  No idea what kids will do.  I know if I call them they will say I don't know.  I doubt if nephew will even consider it.  I'll have to work on him.  He hasn't seen his mother since April 2017.  He won't talk to her on the phone either.  He definitely is her favorite.  I tell her I try, but he won't come.  I think he saw more of what was going on with his mother over the years.  

Ya that son could have visited after you flew so long to get there.  Yes, he can spend.

BFF how did he get his sweater?  Stumbled across it?  I have mother's present out in the open.  I bought her a new keurig with my credit card points. She mentioned it once and I fluffed it off and she forgot about it. I bought her some other stuff, but can't remember what.  That's why I like to keep notes.  I think I brought it at thanksgiving.  I need to get my ducks in a row.

Saw eye Dr today.  Said eyes were good and to keep using readers.

See chemo Dr in a.m. to get cat scan results.  They were finally put online today.  They don't say much, but I gathered they were fine.

See regular Dr Thursday for a check me up, then I'm free until next year.

I may see the chiropractor Friday since my deductible is met.  I don't consider her a Dr since she makes me feel good.

Respected Contributor

Hey GC your on a roll with these Dr's. What was the outcome on the scan.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

I'm over it, Jackie.  Had to get everyone done in Dec due to the deductible.  The first one next year is the oncologist.  I think he's in March. Dr said scan was good, see you in six months.  Tomorrow's appt with primary should be quick and uneventful.

Honored Contributor

gc--glad all your appts have been good! Nice to get all that out of the way.

Went to see my wrist surgeon  on Tuesday as the lymph p/t and primary dr thought I should have him do xrays on the wrist and  elbow just to rule things out---got there after fighting traffic, only to be told that the xray machine was down. so rescheduled for the 26th-----still having issues with stupid arm from elbow to wrist. 

But I got some good news about BFFs hubby in AZ---he does have bladder cancer but path reports said it had not invaded the wall of the bladder so he will keep it for now. Has to go in for 6 treatments in 6 weeks where they will infuse thru the urethra a weakened form of the med that is used for TB. then will rest for awhile then go back to have the area scraped. This will be ongoing forever maybe. Could go away after this round or come right back. But they are very relieved.

Now my dishwasher is misbehaving-------getting it repaired next week----need a tranfusion for all the $$ I am bleeding------

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam bad luck about the xray. However it will get done and then you'll know more,.

Good news about your friends husband and his bladder cancer. My girlfriends husband had the same stage. They thought he got it from 9/11 because he was in the hole. Anyway, He got scraped a few times. Always came back early stage and now he is negative for awhile now. 

What is it with you and appliances?? Lord have mercy. Is this the end of it??

Not going out. Too cold. It's time for making out Christmas cards