Respected Contributor

mae don't you listen for one second. Husband gets like that and I just say. I retired at 55 financially secure,followed my bliss by doing somthing that I loved and here you are at 67 still working. Now tell me,who,s the smarter one.

Never let a man put you down. He's lashing out at you because he has to go through all of this medical stuff. Well bloody tough. What about what you went through.

Put him in his place. Sending hugs

Respected Contributor

Mae I wrote to you this morning about husband. No post here. Ignore him.  Putting you down is to going to change his health condition. And what about what you went through. You know at this age we are secure inside our own skin. There isn't anything my husband can say to me that would take away my confidence or self worth. By the way I have a 2x4 waiting for your husband if he comes to Brooklyn. Ha Ha!!

I'm not doing too well. With this ipad. Can't get used to apple. I want my PC back. 

Pam that was some story about the hanger

Mae we have your back. I hope he's sorry for what he said to you. .

Honored Contributor

BFF that is just crazy.  DH needs to take a chill pill.  That Lion is a smart cookie.

Lion, that is sometimes.  No more jumping.  You could have really hurt yourself.

Sister has nothing, but complaints.  She's wearing me down.  I need to call over there tomorrow.  I don't think the new roommate is going to make the cut.  

Honored Contributor

jackie---the hanger story is from lannie---I have done some rather weird stuff myself,  but nothing with hangers-----with lilac bushes and compost barrels--but not hangers!!

Went to another new hairdresser yesterday and she seems to know her stuff. Had to get alot of hair chopped since it was so uneven and too long here and too short there. It's going to take a few more basic cuts to get back to square one-----

mae---I agree with jackie too, about not letting the men we live with get too mouthy--I stop the stupid stuff my hubs TRIES to say before it ever gets from his mouth--- where in the world do these guys get these stupid ideas?????? Do they ever think before they talk?????? Women should be in charge of the world------amen y'all!!

sister pamWoman Wink

Respected Contributor

I swear I'm going to duck tape his mouth. He hasn't stopped yelling all day. He said I'll finish packing up. well now we can't find anything. I said you need a system. Yelled over that. the only good thing about tomorrow is that he's going to breakfast and then do some shopping. He won't be here for 3 hrs.  Then I have to hear his big fat mouth again. His ex wife once asked me how I stand him. I said not easily. She laughted when I told him to shut up in the car. She's Australian so they are very cool about things. Not here in Brooklyn. So sick of these men. See Mae your not alone.

Oh sorry about the hanger thing.

Honored Contributor

Hum.  It's nice and quiet here, just the way I like it.  Talking back, I don't think so.  I have two rooms I can rent.

Lion, hope you didn't wash away.  It rained A LOT last night.  More over where Lion hails.  Only good thing is we can always use rain and it's bringing temps in the low 70's for the rest of the week.  

BFF has DH calmed down with his nonsense?  He better behave.  

I some how missed this hair debacle.  What on earth happened?  Cut it all off and start over.  I'm considering cutting mine all off.  I don't know what to do, so I don't do anything.  It's getting kinda long.

Respected Contributor

GC I'm moving in with you. I'll pay you rent. Sorry about sister acting up. There is nothing you can do to make her happy so just give up. She's getting medical care and she's safe. 

Pam if you can find a style that your happy with you've won the game. Low maintenance is my motto at this stage of my life. 

Respected Contributor

I cant express how much I appreciate my BFF's on this board; your support means the world to me! Jackie, misery loves company, eh?

DH did apologize the following day when I still wouldnt speak to him. He said" I guess pestering you about Silver Sneakers exercise benefit isnt the way to go'. Ya think?

Silver Sneakers begins 8/1/18 when I begin Medicare and can afford to go back to the gym...with moderation. Checking out local programs in  my immediate area.

Go to see derm today; I've had rashes on some part of my scalp and/or back for so long now I cant remember not being itchy. I suspect that nuts and chocolate are the new culprits along w/excessive heat indexes-110 degrees today.

DH is going to Duke this morning along w/SIL. I hope he remembers not to pay bill in full but to wait until we get EOB. He seems to do ok on liver meds but has had more fatigue recently and a headache (karma?)

I enjoy a quiet home this morning before I go to see my MD.

Pam, did your hairdress mess up your hair? I'm not even cutting mine anymore. It's growing closer to my waist, which is my bucket list goal.

I'll let you all know what derm says. I'm getting closer to going into 3rd year of remission as of Aug. 2018. Have mammo then and visits to onco and surgeon. I'm not sweating this yet. xoxo-mae 

Honored Contributor

gc---long story short----

Lost my hair girl of 15+years due to her carpal surgery---loved her!!!

Found another that did a very good job---went to her for 2 haircuts then she moved to AZ !!

got another very young girl that cut my hair too short and left it too long--I know weird---went back for her to fix it and she ruined it AGAIN

Went to another girl who kind of evened things up but not really---not happy at all---

So now went to this 3rd giRL who I actually think will do a good job--she cut more off but it is very cute style,  but will take a few more cuts to get it  right. It was so much easier with NO hair!!!!!! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

mae---well I must give your hubs props for apologizing----mine would never do that-----

yes, I am liking my hair as I get used to it--very short and close to my scalp in back but more angled on the sides; can poof the crown so it is very cute--DD loves it---I don't sweat going shorter--it grows so fast anyway. Want a color soon but will need to let it grow out and then be cut to my desired style---it's very fine and straight as a poker----doesn't curl but it bends nicely. 

pam