Valued Contributor

Happy Saturday All!!

Here is what my oncologist told me yesterday......"Your PET scan results are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!" and she gave me the biggest hug and kiss, as did her nurse. How about that???!!!!!! She also gave me two "thumbs up" as she walked into the exam room--so I knew right away all was OK.WOW!!!!!!!! I was overwhelmed--so was my hubby--never saw my oncologist so smiley and bubbly!! She told me my next PET scan will be in six months---I questioned that and asked if it can be in five months--she said definitely NOT----to trust her that the six month wait will be fine. And so--my next PET scan will be August 15----one week before my birthday. YAY!!!!!

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and kind thoughts--I appreciate all of you--and I keep everyone in my daily prayers too.

My hubby is still sick----his cough is driving me crazy as is his nasty attitude while he is on Prednisone--he apologizes after we argue--he is irritbale and restless and told me he cannot help it---he's always nasty while on steroids--and doesn't sleep well either. I hope the antibiotic kicks in--today is day#3----will call the doctor if he's not better by next week.

Wishing everyone a terrific weekend----I intend to relax and start reading a new book--one of my favorite things to do!!

May God bless you all!!

Honored Contributor

gracies---so happy for your scan results!! Such great news!! I love it when the pros get into the good results!!!  I would think that the anti- bs would be kicking in about now----so sorry he is such a miserable thing, but he is a sick puppy!!! Mine has a tiny little sore throat and is a piece of.............work and has been home 2 days---give me a break!!! 

Enjoy your book!!

pam

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom- HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!!!  Am glad the news is so good.  And not another one for 6 months - that is progress girl!!

Respected Contributor

Graciesmom, wonderful news. Never doubt prayers to the beloved Padre. I'm sorry about your husband feeling so lousy. The steroids and antibiotics will help along with the nebulizer treatments. It all takes time. 

Valued Contributor

I love your comments ladies----makes me feel really good that I'm cared about--even though I don't post often (but I do read each & every post!).

Hubby and Gracie rested all day--the weather is chilly and rainy, so it's a good day to do that.

Yes, it's true---I know it will take awhile for my hubby to feel better--I just wish he had gone to the doctor sooner before this germ embedded itself into his upper respiratory tract!!

So appreciative for your prayers to the Padre, Jackie!!! I only use a Padre Pio book mark--and I think of you when I see it.

I didn't even get to read a book today--was on the phone with friends--and right now am watching one of my favorite actors on TCM--Montgomery Clift---boy, was he some handsome fellow!!!!!!!!! Guess I'll just feast my eyes on him for awhile.......LOL!!

Love and prayers to all.....

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom - I'm so glad your PET Scan turned out so well!  Our prayers have been answered.

I hope your hubby will be feeling better soon.  My attitude wasn't the best when I was so sick.  However, I could only take it out on myself.

Honored Contributor

Good news and all on the mend.  💃💃💃

Nothing much going on here.  It was 53 today.  Everyone here is going to get sick.  Temp is going down to 30 something tomorrow and possible snow on Thursday.  I don't think the weatherman wants to commit since he was wrong last week.  LOL.  Yesterday he said 2 - 4 inches of heavy wet snow.  Today he wasn't specific, so I guess we'll find out on Thursday.

Going to see the rheumatologist for a toe checkup next week.  Had to go give blood today for that appt.  My toe isn't feeling well.  I'm going to see if I can get a pedicure Friday after work, so my toe is all ready.  LOL

Respected Contributor

GC sorry about the toe acting up again. I'm sure your Dr will sort it out next week. Lord I haven't had a pedicure in so long. I just go to the podiatrist to have my nails done. A little bit of polish would be lovely but I walk to my place and Wearing flip flops there and back is out of the question right now. Too cold. With my luck I would get it done, wait for the polish to dry put on my socks and shoes and everything would smudge. Do you have a trick with this in this cold weather??

Husband had an tooth implant today. His tooth fractured and my dentist saw him on Monday and said it's finished. So he was able to see the oral surgeon today. What a wuss. yelled when he was getting the lidocaine with epi. I said shut up your embarrassing me. One extraction and 1 implant. I had 1 extraction and 3 implants and said nothing. Loaded him up with motrin and hopefully he'll be quiet for the rest of the night.

Noreaster coming to NY. More rain than anything else. 

Valued Contributor

I live in New York--about 100 miles north of NYC---they are predictiong snow tomorrow--so far, 3-6 inches--but the last time they predictated 6 inches, we got 9------so I don't have a lot of faith in weather predictions.

Thank goodness we are both retired and don't have to worry about getting into work! Hated that--my drive was always a nail biter.

Just got back from grocery shopping--so we won't starve--LOL!!

Hubby still not feleing up to par---asthma went into bronchitis. He finishes his antibiotic tomorrow. I told him if he's not much better by Monday, I want him to call our doctor--he might also need an ENT--his ear has been bothering him for days and the oral antibotic did nothing.

It's always something....

Everyone being affected by the storm--stay safe!!!!

Honored Contributor

Today we were supposed to get 2-4 inches, then 1-3, but ended up with a dusting.  Weatherman is predicting accumulating snow Monday night into Tuesday.  Who knows what will show up.  My mother said CT is expecting a lot of snow tomorrow.

Today was nephews 19th birthday.  When I called him, I asked if he could call his mother.  She said she called him and he answered.  Not sure if he didn't call or she was confused. The kids never answer when she calls.

Sister remembered tomorrow is father's birthday.  He would have been 89.

Sister sees the oral surgeon on Monday for her tooth.  She may have two with issues.  Social worker wanted to know what I wanted done.  I said, I want it fixed.  We went round and round.  I told her to tell them I want the teeth fixed so the pain is gone and issue is resolved.  Phew.

My toe doesn't hurt.  It's kinds numb and visually doesn't look good. It's returned to a pinkish color.

I put my socks on after a pedicure if I forget to bring flip flops.  I was busy today and didn't have time to make an appt.  Not sure if I'll be able to get one on Saturday.  I may have to do it myself this weekend.  I have a groupon and can only schedule with one lady.