Honored Contributor

I don't remember the really hot days as a kid. I do remember running thru sprinklers and slip and slides and blow up plastic kiddy pools to play in. 

Good gravy----plague fleas?????? You can be sure we won't be doing much where prairie dogs live.

Respected Contributor

Pam any sort of rodents, really. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless your going  to the reservations. Went to several in New Mexico. Was even thinking of working there on my vacation. Was told it is very frustrating. 

Well crown fell out of my mouth. Dentist hopefully tomorrow. May need a partial this time around. Husband looked and said there is decay so we'll see. Ain't getting crazy over it. 

Honored Contributor

Pam, I don't remember hot days either.  We had a pool.  I can remember using it as a teenager, but don't know when we got it.  I'm guessing maybe 10.

Had a message from a pharmacy wanting to talk about sister's insurance.  I don't have a good feeling about it, but I'll try to stay positive.  He let the children's renewal lapse and they were uninsured.... I sent my favorite conservator an email tonight.  I will also call the pharmacy tomorrow to see what the problem is.  She said sisters prescriptions and insurance.  I'm assuming that means it didn't go through.  Then I'll have to call him.

Honored Contributor

Lioness, I need you to come to the hairdresser with me on Tuesday.  I have a groupon for a cut and highlight.  You need to watch to make sure the cut is going well and the color is applied evenly.  😂😂😂😂  I'm serious too!!  I need to look my best when I see sister next weekend.  I also need a ride to the airport next Friday for a 5:15am flight. 🚙🚁🚗🚛🚝🚜

I have tomorrow off.  TGIF.  💃💃💃💃 I am going to get prepared for the big trip.  I really need to get to Costco.  Have to see how that works out.

I spent all and I mean all of my money on my birthday present.  I had the cellar oh lord, what do you people call it? Basement?  Haha.  The underground area where the furnace and water heater live.  Ricky made a mess down there.  Finally had it powerwashed.  Turned out good.  I told the guy he might as well do the outside of the house while he's at it.  It looks good too.  It's squeaky clean.  Now I have to wash the inside Windows.

Respected Contributor

GCR - now you know I'm no good at getting you a ride to the airport.  I may resort to a helicopter like your emoji though, maybe that will work.

I'm busy on Tues - I need a hair cut too.  I may just try the place at the place we went shopping.  I have a coupon for $6.99.  What could go wrong - we've already been bald.......  Take a pic with you and make sure they know what color highlights you want.  See if you can get a spikey mohawk and scare that conservator into doing his job.   

Besides, I'm busy sitting in my zero gravity chair!!  It does make my back feel better, but I'm not in it as long as I want to be.  I can tell there is no pressure on my spine when I sit/lay in it.  I do really like it.

Oh I meant to tell you 5,000 units of Vit D every day is a lot.  Have you have your level tested?  I was taking that much and had to back off to 2,000.   I guess it can affect your kidneys.  My naturopathic dr I was going to at the time wanted me to take 10,000.  Kidney stones here I come again.  I wouldn't do it, that's crazy too much, my level was always low normal, now it is higher normal.  My breast cancer dr wants me to take it and always checks my level.

Well, back to zero gravity before bed.

Respected Contributor

Hey Lannie you better get some sleep. GC has a lot for you to do. Good for you GC with your power washing. We're on a roll..Pam is getting rid of her stuff and Jackie picked out her bathroom tile today and toilet. Shower doors will come next. None of this stuff is cheap but I'm going to local merchants who deal with the contractor. I would rather support them than Home Depot or Lowes. 

Husband has informed me that he's going to visit his cousin in Maryland when the work is done in the bathroom. Even the contractor said someone has to be here. I said thank you Frank I plan to be here. Husband doesn'tlike to be inconvenienced. 

I guess I should try to sleep. Ha!!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Up late tonight.  Fell asleep earlier watching the News....oh no...so much going on!  Now I'm wide awake and I've been sleeping so well since I've been taping my mouth.  I actually enjoy doing it.  And here I am up late with so much on my mind.   Got my third palm tree in yesterday....it's taller than house.  That makes 3 palms of varying heights....windmill palms. And my sod went in today.  Have had to work in yard between thunder showers and small flash floods.....summer weather here. Flower beds have been laid out and covered with filter cloth and lined with bricks and we will put plants in them in Sept.

I go on my 5 hr one way trip to see oncologist and surgeon the end of this month.  I will stay with my across the street neighbor in old hometown and drive the hr and half to doctors from there.  I will have two days of appts.  I intend on talking with them about getting doctors here because as much as I love my doctors, not only do I have to get to them every year, if something does go wrong, I need to have doctors here.  I wouldn't go there for care.

Jackie, my stuff for bathroom and kitchen  came from Ferguson's. I enjoyed working with them.

Wishing all a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

Bow glad to hear I'm not the only one up late although last night I was in bed at 11pm. Must have been pooped because I slept and and woke up at 6:30am. Took my shower got dressed and will wait for the exterminator. He comes every two weeks. One of the perks of living in a coop. No bugs just a service that the co-op does. Your palm tree sounds beautiful. 

Lannie is doing her chair thing. So how is your sleep going sitting in the chair??

GC I love to hear beautifucation stories. Hair, nails massages. It all makes you feel like a million bucks. 

Respected Contributor

Well ladies 48 years ago I was resting from my 2 day stint at Woodstock. Mother told me I couldn't go. I had my ticket and I was going. 3 friends and I in a camero at 3am and went. Left my parents a note saying see you in 3 days. Took some food and her can opener and left. I just said when we get back Pauline we're dead meat. Woodstock on TV may have looked glamorous but it was hell. Rain,mud, 500,000 insane youths. Lived on watermelon. Met some folks from a farm and they supplied it. When I returned my mother was nuts.Lined the floors with newspaper. Threw ,me in the shower and didn't stop yelling for a week. Threw out all of my clothes. My favorite dungarees. Pauline  didn't fend much better with her parents. We were heroes in Brooklyn for going. Tony says let's go back.to the farm. I said not on your life. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Jackie - you go girl, you rebel you!!!  You are part of history you know - they may want to interview you on 60 Minutes or do a documentary.

Image result for flower power emoji