Valued Contributor

hey ladies, I want to thank you for all your suggestions. I really think I'm leaning toward teal / turquoise. Birdmama thanks for that suggestion and pics. 

I thought about leather, but i want this room to be a little more " formal" I think leather is casual, plus I don't like the way it feels. No matter how expensive  the leather is, it still feels like plastic to me. Lol 

the purging continues, I'm starting on the kitchen now, how many odd glasses and coffee mugs does a person need? I'm thinking about new granite countertops but I need to do more research before I let anyone tear into my kitchen. Not sure if I'm ready to deal with that kind of upheaval. Anyway, I've run out of steam for now 

hugs to all

Goldie

Respected Contributor

Goldie, Leather isn't for everyone. I'm getting away from my country french and going modern and functional because I don't have a house with extra room. My husband is also a pig and even though I had scotchguard put on the sofa and loveseat it's still getting ratty. With leather I just wipe it down. 

Whatever your decision I think birdmama came up with some brilliant color choices for you to consider. 

Honored Contributor

Jackie, I guess I'm like your husband.  I like leather for the cleanup factor.  Spill, drop, whatever and there are no stains.  I am still looking for a new chair.  Alright, I'm thinking of a new chair.  One actually has to go to the store to look.  It's on the list.

Honored Contributor

Oh Pam, I wanted to say great news on stripy cat.  😸😻😸😻

Honored Contributor

I seem to think August was a big birthday month.  Of course, I know when birdmama's birthday is.  Was it my BFF Maestra or Goldie.  My memory is a little fuzzy.  I know Pam had a birthday not to long ago and had drinks/dinner with the girls and lunch/movies with her daughter.  🎁🎂🎁🎂

The weather was perfect today.  Same predicted for tomorrow.  🌞🌞🌞

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I seem to think August was a big birthday month.  Of course, I know when birdmama's birthday is.  Was it my BFF Maestra or Goldie.  My memory is a little fuzzy.  I know Pam had a birthday not to long ago and had drinks/dinner with the girls and lunch/movies with her daughter.  🎁🎂🎁🎂

The weather was perfect today.  Same predicted for tomorrow.  🌞🌞🌞

I am 9 months away from Medicare!

I dont know how my DM managed a pregnan cy through most of NYC summer, worked FT, and had no air conditioning back in the day.

DM is still alive and 95 yrs.old.

Honored Contributor

My b-day is June 3rd and yes, I did the dinner and drinks with another couple and lunch and a movie with DD--good memory gc!!

Well today ---it is raining!!! Hasn't rained in almost 60 days for us here in WA state. Broke a long 67 year long record for no rain. I went outside just to breathe it in. Now the smoke from the BC fires is gone and the air is fresh. I can hear the birdies singing for joy and I think---I even saw the plants do a happy dance!!!! But will be complaining away come the winter time when all you see is grey!! and the rain is only for today, then back to more normal temps--low to mid 70's. I have the screen doors/windows open to let in the coolnes too.

Going to SIL's house,  today, for a family deal--and got the stuff from MIL all packed up to hand over to the nieces---the rest is going to goodwill.

I did get my car checked for emissions and the old thing passed so now tabs are up to date. I'm calling a carpet company to come see me next week, to pick out carpet and flooring. And then packing up the piles of stuff to take to donation. Will be so much easier when the weather is cooler.

DD is in Portland, OR, this weekend, at a doll convention and will take tomorrow off to recover. she has been collecting ball jointed dolls for a few years now and that's what this event is about. She went downtown to take the ferry to meet her friend and then they headed out early Sat a.m.

ok hubs just got up and told me to get a move on so we can leave soon--- and I ALWAYS do what hubs says!!!   HA!!!!!

pam

Honored Contributor

Maestra, it's amazing people made it!!  We grew up in a house with no air, rode in school buses with no air and sat in school with no air.  I don't remember it being terrible.  I know now when I go to mother's, it's unbearable.  Guess I've gotten soft.

Pam, I can remember your birthday celebration just like I was there.  Haha.  I have to work on my birthday.  I have my physical scheduled during lunch.  Wait for it....then after lunch the boss wants to go team building to a wilderness park that has hiking trails.  It can't get any better than that. 

Spoke with sister this morning.  She was complaining about some of the people there.  There is this one lady who is maybe 50ish and paralyzed. Sister thinks she's one of my friends and calls her by that name.  It makes the lady mad and she says my name is Mary, not Sue.  Sister thinks she's a little off her rocker because she doesn't know her own name.  I told her to be nice to her.  This has been going on for a while.  I'm worried it may escalate, then sister will start talking about leaving.

Respected Contributor

Maestra they all managed with the heat back in the day. Lots of cold drinks and hunter fans. I remember people would sleep on the fire escapes or on their porches. Being very young in the 50's I didn't feel it that much. Lots of amens powder. My brother always got heat rashes so we were covered in the stuff. GC sounds like sister in on a roll in the nursing home. 

Pam just read a story about plague fleas in Arizona. Lord have mercy. Lots of prairie dogs dying. I will assume that these fleas are around the reservations. Don't think you would see a lot of them in the urban cities there. 

Fran's daughter is in. They are having a nice time. 

Respected Contributor

I too grew up w/no A/C and heat rashes were a summer 'companion' for me-I still have hyper senstive skin, which suxs. We had window fans, which just moved hot air around

.I lived for the 2 weeks we would get @ Cape Cod and the cooler Mass. evenings.

I first saw the Aurora Borealis from the Cape when I was 10 years old. I really miss those days.