Valued Contributor

hi guys, just a quick note. I'm still purging like mad, and it's about to wear me down, 

when im done purging, I'm getting new living room furniture need ideas for a color scheme. I will NOT paint , so I have to work with the wall color I have, which is a pale pale goldish color above the chair rail and chocolate brown below the chair rail. Now tell me what color for sofa pillows etc. ?

everyone take care!

Hugs

Goldie

Honored Contributor

@AkaGoldie  Well, it could depend on your overall style.  My sofa and my recliner is in some shade of brown.

Since you are working with a pale gold and chocolate brown wall, you could go with darker patterns that incorporate burgundy. 

Image result for burgundy throw pillows

Bombay® Venice 16-Inch Square Outdoor Throw Pillow with Tassels in Pomegranate

As far as the second pillow - personally I'd would cut off the tassels, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@AkaGoldie  If you want to lighten it up a bit, the following color palette would also be pretty

Image result for accent colors that go with gold and brown

Honored Contributor

@AkaGoldie  If purple is more your thing, consider these colors

Image result for accent colors that go with gold and brown

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

I live by this motto - if it occurs in nature then go for it.  Think about all of the pretty plants that grow out of dark brown dirt.  You could have a field day with greens too

StyleHaven Elliott Geometric Rug

Honored Contributor

Birdmama, I like the first pillow with dark brown furniture.  Don't know what the budget is.  I'd like leather is the budget could swing it.

Goldie, what is the big plan when you finish purging?  🐤🐤🐤

Respected Contributor

Birdmama you captured it all. Now Goldie just has to decide which colors she likes the best. I would also go with a leather couch or something neurtal like a taupe in a fabric one. Then she can dress it up with pillows. 

Respected Contributor

Goldie - can add nothing except that I like the last picure with the touches of teal/blue in it.  Taupe colored couch would lend itself to a lot of different colors and ways to go.  Thank goodness you are safe through those tornados!

birdmama - will you come decorate for me??!!!

Honored Contributor

20170809_082755.jpgOh birdie---so LOVE ALL those

colors!!! I will be persuing the carpeting next week. My house is way to dark with my old carpet and furniture--need all new stuff.

goldie---take some pics and post them--would love to see o=it!!!

Got some good news from stripey cats vet yesterday--she had dental surgery done in May that required 7 teeth be removed, all rotten---of course she had a blood panel done before and her calcium levels were very high, not good in cats--can indicate cancer-------then she went back for another blood test to check and it came back high again------so I set up another blood test, 4 months later, yesterday, and yahoooooo---ALL her functions were completely normal!!!!! So it was those nasty teeth that were messing with her calcium levels---I am so relieved and feel so bad that I didn't do her teeth sooner---lesson learned!!!

OK so here is the tallest lily that is growing now---I am 5 ft 5 inches tall and this thing is prob close to 6 ft tall!! It smells amazing. Tried to get a photo of me standing near it but was not easy to do a selfie---need 6 foot long arms. Will cut those down today to bring inside. Got prob at least 60 more buds on the plants--should last all this month.

ok off to do my emissions test on the beater---

pam

Honored Contributor

Regarding leather furniture - I think I read too many Harlequin Romances as a kid and had some crazy fantasy about leather furniture.  Probably from all those love scenes that took place in the rich guy's (he was rarely poor or middle class) fabulous library.

Anyways, when my husband was ill we needed to replace his recliner.  We went to the furniture store and he was really tired from the chemo and couldn't make up his mind between a fabric recliner and a leather recliner. 

My happiness and world was being threatened by that illness so I said - no worries sweetheart and I told the guy - send them both.  The leather recliner wasn't cheap either.  Husband didn't live long after the purchase.

I have to tell you - I'm not crazy about leather furniture.  It's slippery, cold (I can't take the cold) and can sometimes be noisy like you are passing gas when you move around on it.

Suffice it to say, when the time came for a new sofa, I bypassed all of the leather.