images[5].jpg

9d0093d6028c3ae8199247081f5f1274[1].jpg

06fdc3e9b177279b03a393486c5f32d7[1].jpg

images[3].png

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

I can explain everything!!!  Really!

First of all, GCR tried to run me over in the parking lot once again.  It was uncanny how we "ran into each other" like that both times. 

We had such a nice lunch and visit together.  And GCR got me bags of gifts - she is a real sweetheart.  Heart

Now, as to asking the guy to remove his shirt, I ask you to review Exhibit 1 below:

035.JPG

As you will notice, behind our desserts is a notebook that is titled "Fight Like a Girl" with a pink ribbon and pink boxing gloves.  Well, our young handsome well built server noticed it and informed us he had a tattoo on his chest like that.

Turns out is he a boxer and the organization he is in holds benefits for the breast cancer cause and he won pink boxing gloves and had that tat put on his chest.  Well, of course I wanted to see it and wasn't shy about asking him.  He said he would have to take his shirt off to show it to us and the manager was watching him at the time so he couldn't.  I offered to take a peek down his t-shirt, but no go.......

He was really nice and wished us well!

It was fun, we talked and talked - I had a really good time.  It was nice for me to get out and do this, I needed it.

Thank you my dear GCR Heart

Respected Contributor

I knew you two would almost get arrested. So happy to hear that both of you had such a good time. We're jealous. 

Maestra your a newbie when it comes to retirement. You will soften in some ways. Some things stay with you. I was so used to being in charge that it never really left me. 

Honored Contributor

Well, it all sounds like alot fun to me. Getting almost run down in the parking lot---again, going to a new eating place, that delicious looking sweet ---as well as your ice cream dessert---hahahaha----and even bags of party favors too----but why don't we see proof that it really is you two and not some Russian hacker taking over this board???????? Was hoping for a photo of you 2. I know, stop with the photos requests----ok, I will.

PAM

Honored Contributor

Jackie, it wasn't me that almost got arrested.  It was the other one.

Lioness you need to stop walking in the non walk zones, then you won't get run over.

I have some of my brownie left to eat today, but I don't have any ice cream.

Pam, you ready for surgery on Wednesday?  What did they say was the recovery time?  Do they keep you in the hospital overnight or push you out the same day?

Maestra, did you get your surgery nailed down for the following week?

Goldie, how did you make out at your oncologist appt?

Honored Contributor

Had to end that post.  My kindle is jumping around like crazy here the last couple days.

I'm so glad you had fun lioness.  Yes, you should get out there and have some fun.  I recently learned of a gastropub in this neck of the woods we can try.  I know someone that went there that said it was excellent.

Nice fall today today.  It's crisp and still a little wet from yesterday's rain.  Lots of laundry to do, plus a little puttering around.

Valued Contributor

happy October to all of our pink ladies! 

I saw my oncologist Wednesday. She knows that I sought a second opinion in Chicago. No discussion about it. But she's aware. Her attitude was definetly softer. She said I was doing well. My pelvic exam was perfectly normal. I had a ca125 done and got the results yesterday, it's down another five points! Which is great. The femara is doing its job, it's keeping the cancer in check. Dr. Said that because, of me and that  I'd done so well on femara, that she had put several of her pts on it.  Of course I have side effects, but as the dr said, it's a lot easier to deal with than chemo. 

So, all is well in Goldie's world. My cancer is not running amuck, I feel half way decent and I'm living my life, the best way I know how.  That's about all any of us can do right? Live our life and move forward. Nobody knows the future but God, and he's not telling! Ha.

about the only thing I'm going to complain about , is this horrendous heat! It's October and the predicted high today is 85! That's too hot for hot flash momma here. I need it to be in the sixties to be comfortable. Because when a hot flash hits, my body temp. Goes up to around 1000 degrees. 

Everyone have a good weekend. 

Hugs to all

Goldie

Honored Contributor

goldie----omg---what a great dr report!!! I can't tell you how happy I was reading your post. Finally you are getting a break!!! And that dr---holy cats---she better treat you better!!!  Someday there will be an artic blast  for you and your hot mama flashes. We are cloudy and grey and wet and cool here in WA state. I am freezing as usual. Have the heat on and am dressed in layers.

PAM

Honored Contributor

gcr--well, probably the reason Lioness was walking in a no walk zone was because she was winking at something!!!! Prob sticking out her tongue at the same time!!!!  :-)

I am THINKING ----about getting ready for surgery on Wednesday. Had great plans about all I was going to do before but then my back got stupid and I had to baby that for a few days. I won't find out til Monday what time surgery is. I need to be there 90 minutes before--hoping it isn't at the (butt)  crack of dawn as I have things to do in the a.m. Recovery time should be the same as before, but not as extensive as the first time due to no cancer to remove. I'll have the one drain/tube and then a pain med in a small grenade shaped thing with a tube that is pain meds for a week. My daughter called that " the  mom bomb". Then back in a week for post op and drain/tube removal. I did really well the first time so I'm not anticipating problems. I will stay overnight. Then daughter will be home with me. Hubs is working in Oregon so he won't be home til Friday afternoon. Will have the refrigerator full so daughter can cook for me. And since hubby isn't there during the week, no real organized meals will be needed. I'm happy with oatmeal for dinner. I am not one to stay down for long so I hope to be back to my normal routine by Monday; well kind of normal.

Was thinking about this surgery when it came to me that having this breast removed, will make it so I will NEVER have the lobular type of cancer I had in the bad one, again---or any other type of ductal , blah, blah blah type of cancer that is in breast tissue. Now can still get it in the chest wall and elsewhere, but not in a breast. I, however, have decided that I will NOT  be getting any type of cancer again-----so there!!!!

So I figure that come the end of November, I will go get my "party boobs'" and holder, you know, just in time for all the parties I attend----HA

PAM