Valued Contributor
On 1/26/2014 upsidedown said:
On 1/19/2014 bluejay said:
On 1/18/2014 JackieHN said:

OK, bluejay and LV what's going on. Haven't heard from either of you.

Hi Jackie,

On Friday I meet with my soon-to-be surgeon and he recommended that I get the entire thyroid out. I also found out that I have a second large growth. I thought I only had one but now know that I have 2. He said it may be cancer but he isn't quite sure what it is.

Since I have nodules on both sides of my thyroid and these 2 large growths on and near my thyroid, he thinks it is best to just remove the entire thyroid and he also mentioned doing a neck dissection. I think it is best also just in case the pathology report shows that it is cancer. I am really nervous about this upcoming surgery.

They have submitted this to our insurance so we have to wait until it is approved and then he wants me to get some tests before the surgery.

Anyway it has been a bad weekend for me. Some of you may remember that my bunny died recently. That along with the possibility of having cancer and the knowledge that I need surgery has not been easy to deal with. Then I found out on Friday that my only child is moving out of the house and out of town. I don't have any other family except my husband, so I feel like I am losing half of my family. He won't even be here for my surgery.

I know it is a normal thing for kids to move out and move on but it is just coming at a very bad time for me. I am already having trouble dealing with things as it is. It just seems like things keep getting added more and more and that I don't have the strength to bear it. I feel like I am being crushed by the weight of it all... I have been wondering for over 2 months if I have cancer.

I also haven't been sleeping well and I am just exhausted!

I will update again when I get my surgery date or maybe sooner.

Please keep me in your prayers! I can use as much prayer as possible.

Thanks so much!

I will pray for you.....am so sorry you have so much to deal with all at the same time...the good news is that you have no cancer diagnosis......so hang onto that until it is confirmed or ruled out....I do know friends who had similar nodules and they were benign so that is always a possibility. DH had surgery for a very rare cancer 16 months ago....three days ago at his routine checkup the surgeon found more nodules she isn't happy with so he had a PETscan on Friday....will find out on Monday the results of that....could mean the cancer that we though was completely gone is back in another area.....please remember DH in your prayers as well....he isn't sleeping much at all and is quite stoic by nature...but I know this has been a real punch in the gut for him.......

Upside down, I'm very sorry to hear that your husband may have a recurrence of his cancer. It's something we all live with. Wondering, if it will come back. I have had one recurrence so far, and I fought it a second time. We'll pray your husband doesn't have to . Goldie
Valued Contributor
Upside down, did your husband get his pet scan results? LV how are you doing? Bluejay, how about you? What's the latest? We all care what's going on with our posters, please let us know when you can. Goldie
Contributor
On 1/21/2014 patmo said:

Prayers for all those going through treatments. I have a question for 5 or more year survivors. Do you still see your oncologist even if you are not taking any kinds of meds?

I made my 5 year anniversary this past October and my oncologist said to see him once a year. I saw my radiation oncologist a week ago and he said I ""graduated"" so I don't need to see him anymore. I still see my surgeon once a year.

My Dr. took me off meds after having bad reactions to Arimidex and Aromasin (which sent me to the emergency room).

Valued Contributor
Thanks for the info poidog, I'm very happy you're a five year survivor, congrats to you! I'm sure Patmo will appreciate you answering her question. Goldie
Contributor
On 1/28/2014 akaGoldie said: Thanks for the info poidog, I'm very happy you're a five year survivor, congrats to you! I'm sure Patmo will appreciate you answering her question. Goldie

Thank you for the kind words akaGoldie.

Regular Contributor
On 1/28/2014 akaGoldie said: Upside down, did your husband get his pet scan results? LV how are you doing? Bluejay, how about you? What's the latest? We all care what's going on with our posters, please let us know when you can. Goldie

I am going in for a total thyroidectomy early tomorrow morning. I am getting a little nervous tonight. I hope I don't have cancer and I hope I don't need a neck dissection!

I will post again when I get home and feel well enough.

Thanks Goldie for caring! Thank you also to all of you that are praying for me!

I really appreciate it! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Bluejay we are with you in spirit and are praying for you.

Contributor
Bluejay, I'm sorry I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I hope your surgery went well today & that you're resting comfortably now. And I pray that you get good news from your doctors. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. Hugs to you. Kindle
Respected Contributor

Bluejay, I've been praying for you that your surgery will be successful, that you do not have cancer, or if you did, that it was confined and will not require further treatment. I hope you'll let us know how you are doing, when you are able to post again.

Valued Contributor
On 1/31/2014 Lyn08 said:

Bluejay, I've been praying for you that your surgery will be successful, that you do not have cancer, or if you did, that it was confined and will not require further treatment. I hope you'll let us know how you are doing, when you are able to post again.

Hi lyn, glad to see your post, hope you are doing well, don't be a stranger! We are all praying for our new posters , going through surgeries etc. hang tough girls! Goldie