Valued Contributor

Bo I had test after test and the infectious disease doctor's couldn't find any bacterial infection or other illness. I had finished radiation in the middle of February and I was very badly burned. The doctors feel I had a viral infection and my immune system was compromised from my surgery,two skin infections and radiation. I have never been so ill.Took weeks to recover. The flu swab even came out negative.  Thank goodness I'm doing well now. I am enjoying the summer and re-doing our kitchen. Ordered my new cabinets,countertop and window this week. Have to pick out my tile backsplash, my sink and faucet are already picked out. It has really kept me busy.  Em

Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Yes, Lannie....the Tribal Council has spoken....Smiley Wink  Please let us know how you are tomorrow and what they say.  Hope you can get some rest tonight.  Heart

Em....so sorry you were burned in radiation...that must've been a nightmare.  Did you have to take a lot more treatments than normal...is that why you were burned?  You really had a time of it....must've been scary....everything piling up on top of each other....our bodies can only handle so much and I guess yours had reached its limit. I'm so pleased for you that you can enjoy this summer and you're able to have a new kitchen to look forward to...lots of positive stuff going on for you now....  Heart

Honored Contributor

bow--yes I have herad about this place and from where I live, I need to go to Seattle and take a ferry across the sound. I have signed up for web classes before but forgot all albout them and didn't get on line. Sounds like such a great time. As I recall the weekend I would go too for breast cancer , is in the late spring and therefore, very wet. This place is in the woods so very moist all the time.

Respected Contributor

Report for today -

I just got back from UC and the dr says she has never seen such bad lungs this time of year.  She said she might get some in Nov or Dec, but never July. 

Infection of the lungs definitely, bronchitis and possible pneumonia with elements of asthma and wheezing mixed in.  Am on Z-pak and  Albuterol inhaler and cough stuff.  She didn't do an x-ray because I didn't have much of a fever and my room oxygen was good at 96.  If I get a fever or more shortness of breath I'm to come in for chest x-ray.  I guess it's a good thing I went.

Am going to go recline with kitty on lap and newpaper in hand and probably fall asleep!

Hope everyone is doing ok for now,

LL

Respected Contributor

Lannie, it sounded like you were a mess. If she wanted to she could have done a sputum culture.  Any good Dr could listen and know what's going on. Probably bronchitis.  Sat pretty good at 96 considering the concert in your lungs. I'm overjoyed that you went. Now rest up. Call work and tell them your toxic and can't come in. 

Valued Contributor
Lannie! I'm so glad you went in to see a dr, my gosh you are one sick puppy, now take your medicine and get better! I went through a similar incident back in November and ended up in the hospital, even though I protested vehemently . I've been out of pocket this weekend with no way to post, I could read the posts but I couldn't reply. I was hoping the girls would talk you into going to the dr. As for the other thing, ya just never know, and I don't take any chances, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..... Well You know where I'm going with this.... Lol . Take care and get better soon! Everybody else have a good weekend, well what's left of it. Goldie
Respected Contributor

Goldie, when Lannie gets one of her colds and URI she's a mess. Oh Lannie, if you get the runs after the first dose of Z-pack don't get nervous. I believe you have to take 2 pills at once for the first dose.. Comes with the territory. When you take the next dose tomorrow you'll be fine. 

See Em our torturing worked. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lannie....sorry you are so sick, but I'm so happy you saw doctor today.  I was hoping you had posted an update.  I think Jackie can cyber doctor/diagnose pretty good. We are lucky we have her on here with us and that she keeps close tabs on all.    

I know I wanted you to be able to breathe easily.  Hope all your meds kick in quickly and that your incision will continue to heal.  Take it easy with your kitty. 

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

bow--yes I have herad about this place and from where I live, I need to go to Seattle and take a ferry across the sound. I have signed up for web classes before but forgot all albout them and didn't get on line. Sounds like such a great time. As I recall the weekend I would go too for breast cancer , is in the late spring and therefore, very wet. This place is in the woods so very moist all the time.

Pam....it really sounds like a great group to meet with in a beautiful setting and bet you would come away with lots of good info.  Is your arm swelling staying down?  Are you doing the self massages or anything?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Goldie, I remember when you ended up in the hospital and it didn't sound like fun.

Bow, my kitty sprawls out on my lap and sleeps - I call her my comfort cat cuz I feel better when I pet her.                            

Jackie - my sister calls every night and she knew I wasn't doing well and was kinda shocked to find out how bad I really was and she said to tell you thanks for giving me the push I needed to go to the dr!  Bow is right, you are so valuable to us, and you've never been shy about keeping me in line, ha, ha!!!  Or the rest of us for that matter - what would we do without you.  What would we do without each other, I do wonder that sometimes.  When you mentioned I wasn't going to get rid of this without antibiotics and em had such a hard time when she was sick, well, it made me stop and think and decide I'd better get myself in there and get checked out.  Truth of the matter is, I was so down and out, I don't know if I could have dragged myself in any sooner.

Oh yes,thanks for the advice, I did take 2 of the antibiotic today.  I will stay near a bathroom tomorrow - oh what we have to go through.....