Respected Contributor

Canadian Pharmacy Recommendations

I am having problems with the generics of one of my meds. Guess I'm going to have to go back to name brand that insurance doesn't cover. 

I know some Canadian pharmacies have been discussed that are legit. Can anyone recommend one??

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Canadian Pharmacy Recommendations

I use pharmacymix.com because they have the best price on what I need.  I'd shop around as prices can vary a lot.  I think all the Canadian pharmacies are fine.  They're not a third world country.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am Canadian and I can tell you that all of the pharmacies are good..they are highly regulated.I think you just need to find one that will ship across the border.

Super Contributor

In the past, I've read on these forums posters using goodrx.com.  You type in your drug and they list the pharmacies' prices for the drug. You print out a coupon and take it to the pharmacy.  Maybe others can tell your their experience with them.

Honored Contributor

I let my insurance agent talk me into changing insurance companies.  What a BIG mistake.  I HATE them.  I've had so much trouble.  My medicine went from $13 for 1 month supply to the last time it was $180 for 1 month!  Most of my other medicine is usually $100 for a one month supply!

It's not about the money for me but the fact that there are now 4 prescriptions that my Drs have had me take for years and this insurance company has decided not to cover them.  Hence I can't get them.  One of them my Dr argued with and they still wouldn't back down.

i've now had 2 of my Drs tell me I should try getting them in Canada but they fall short of recommending a company.  I don't mind paying for them and I can get the prescription but am soooo leary of getting medicine that is fake.

I welcome any help out there!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks for the info. 

I have looked at goodrx. Every pharmacy around here, though on their app, say they " don't accept goodrx".  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I don't think you need to be concerned about Canadian pharmacies.  They're just as regulated as those in the US.  I wouldn't take stuff I got from Mexico or India but I wouldn't think twice about using a Canadian pharmacy.

I used GoodRX at a Kroger-owned pharmacy to get a $440. prescription filled for my dog.  I paid $60.  I have heard many places won't take it though.  I called a lot of places and Target told me they'd honor it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I've had very good results with Universal Drugstore, Canada.  I did lots of research and found their pricing to be the best for my medications.  They ship directly to your home and have delivery guarantee of 21 days.  My physicians send the refill/prescriptions to me and I either email or fax to them.  There is some time delays involved so I get refills to them when I'm down to a 30 day supply of my meds.  The price difference is well worth it.

Their phone number is 1-866-456-2456, website is universaldrugstore.com.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks for your response.  I have a question for all of you.

So, I get my Dr to write the prescription and I contact the Canadian pharmacy and mail it to them and they mail me the medicine?

One of my medicines I've taken for many years (I'm now 70 freaking years old) is Premarin.  Now remember I've taken it for many years, after Hysterectomy and all.  The insurance filled it 2 times and then said, "no more because people can get uterine cancer, etc".  My Dr tried over and over to get them to fill it and the insurance said, "NO".  

How did insurance companies get to the point where they can decide what a patient should or should not take when they haven't seen the person?  My Dr has known me for over 43 years (he delivered my oldest daughter), yet these people think they know what's best?  Then to just stop a drug is crazy in itself after all of this time!

I have said that it doesn't matter what it costs but it doesn't seem to matter.  I don't understand any of this.

I did that with one of the medicines and was going to fill it anyway and (where I used to pay $10) I swear to you they said it would now cost....are you ready $900 for a 1 month supply!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Canada pharmacy.com is where my DH gets his diabetes meds. After he has been very well controlled on this med for 16 years all of a sudden the insurance co decided to no longer allow it, so he buys it from Canada pharmacy.com out of pocket for $90 for a 90 day supply instead of $440/month  at Walgreens.