Honored Contributor

Re: Can't see a doctor anymore ?

@lovesrecess wrote:
Amazing how I never said my medicine bottle said zero refills. It said there was 1 more refill and that was the problem....the Dr office wasn't responding to the pharmacist. Am tired of insults from other posters. Am outta here.

If  you had one valid refill left, why was the pharmacist calling the doctors office?

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I never expected such an insulting, hateful response from anyone on here. I work with my pharmacy regarding medications and am an intelligent adult so please do not post anything if it cannot be polite or constructive. You know absolutely nothing about my me, my health issues, my doctor, or my pharmacy.

If you didnt like the response then why come here to complain in the first place?

killing the messenger?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess  You asked in your OP if  a nurse practioner can WRiTE a prescription.

That isn't authorizing a last refill.  That is prescribing a RENEWAL.

I believe you mixed up "renewal" with "refill".  You didn't say that you had 1 refill left  and you said  that the NP wrote a refill; you meant renewal.

There wasn't anything nasty here; people advised you not to wait before you run out of your meds.

A refill is a refill and a renewal is a renewal.  Two different things.  And if you were told to see somebody to get a RENEWAL that is standard as many of us have said.  Once the prescription is used up many of us have to go back and get a NEW PRESCRIPTION-A RENEWAL, not a refill.

If you don't want responses that don't agree with you, then that's on you because you are clearly confused about refill vs. renewal. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
Amazing how I never said my medicine bottle said zero refills. It said there was 1 more refill and that was the problem....the Dr office wasn't responding to the pharmacist. Am tired of insults from other posters. Am outta here.

The doctor would only have needed to be contacted if there were no refills left or if the time period had expired.  (There are a certain amount of refills authorized by the doctor, good for a certain amount of time.)

If there was a valid refill left, the pharmacist would have simply filled it.  That's the whole point of doctors authorizing refills in the first place - so they don't have to be contacted each and every time.  With one refill left, there was no reason for the doctor to be involved, so there was no reason for the pharmacy to contact his office or wait for a response.