Respected Contributor

Re: Can't book vaxx appt!

[ Edited ]

I have arthritis and seasonal allergies. Didn't stop them from giving me the vaccine. And, yes, it was done by those who insure me. 

I was made to wait 1/2 hour instead of the 15 minutes because of my reaction to Septra. Other than a sore arm (for both vaccines), I had no other problems. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I got mine through a hospital group also.  I filled out a several page questionnaire.  I also have seasonal allergies and arthritis but I don't take any drugs for either.  The only prescriptions meds I take is for HBP.  I got the vaccine a couple of months ago.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne 

Who knows?  They have 20+ years of my medical records on their computer - I trust their decision.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA I wonder if something went wrong with the screening.  If I were you I would call my primary's office and discuss it with them.

As we all know, going without a shot could get you in real trouble.  My best.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I would call your primary physician.  I have worked with a lot of doctors and I cannot picture any of them going through 20 years of medical records for their patients.  I would want to know who made this decision because they are putting me at risk.

Esteemed Contributor

This doesn't make sense to me either.  I have lots of allergies (seasonal and year-round) and rheumatoid arthritis.  I got my vaccinations thru the hospital that has all my medical records.  No questions asked.  No questionnaires to complete.  Just gave them my name and got the shots.  No side effects, no problems.   I suppose every state or county has different rules...?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have a hunch that having seasonal allergies and sciatica would not not prevent you from taking the vaccine. It's more likely this is about how you answered the questions. If you put that you had a severe reaction to another vaccination they might have been hesitant. A severe reaction being akin to anaphylactic shock and needing with an epipen injection. But on the other hand I cannot imagine a physician refusing to give a Covid vaccine to someone who suffers from seasonal allergies and sciatica.