Honored Contributor

Every year I get an e mail from my advantage plan that when I get certain health maintainence tests or viisits done they send me a gift card for $25. I always choose Amazon. So far I got one for my annual wellness visit,  and today I had my mammo and a bone density test done, tomarrow I see the eye doctor. I still have the dentist but can't go until after June 25. Altogether $125 for doing a bunch of tests/visits I would do anyway. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't beat this good deal

That’s a nice perk.  Unfortunately, its not a part of my plan:/

Honored Contributor

It also helps you to keep up with what you need to have done. I did not realize it had been 5 years since my last bone density test until that was included in this e mail.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately we have the same thing at work.

I'd rather they reduce the cost of health care, than to hand out perks, like some retail establishment.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I'd rather they reduce the cost of health care, than to hand out perks, like some retail establishment.

I think that that the way most people think that it will be a better carrot, but I think you are right.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@software wrote:

I think that that the way most people think that it will be a better carrot, but I think you are right.

If it gets people to take care of their health, it's definitely a win.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@software wrote:

The gifts aren't coming from the provider ,they are coming from the insurance co.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@software wrote:

The gifts aren't coming from the provider ,they are coming from the insurance co.

No wonder Aetna's premiums are going up every year for the rest of their subscribers.

i would take advantage of the perks if offered since you pay zero premium for your coverage.  There is no insurance plans like that here in PA.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  Actually - check out your Medicare and You book next fall. United health care has a big prescence in Pittsburgh now  - they even have a big building along the Parkway east with their name on it. And people who are sick & tired of the BC versus UPMC fight are buying into UHC big time, so they can go to any hospital or doctor instead of only going to your ins co facilities. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Carmie  Actually - check out your Medicare and You book next fall. United health care has a big prescence in Pittsburgh now  - they even have a big building along the Parkway east with their name on it. And people who are sick & tired of the BC versus UPMC fight are buying into UHC big time, so they can go to any hospital or doctor instead of only going to your ins co facilities. 

I am not eligible for Medicare yet...still a bit too young.  Also, we are not able to buy health insurance sold in the Pittsburg area.  We have to buy insurance that services the county we live in.

We do have an Aetna a few miles from where I live, but they do not offer the same coverage you have in FL.

Since I retired from a health insurance company, I will have to get my insurance through them at a discounted rate.  It's not the best, but it will have to do.  It is affordable.  My DH has Medicare and secondary insurance, (not a supplement)  It is a Senior program  through my old employer, but he has never used it yet.

It is complicated and I am sure when he does, the doctor's offices will be confused. It is a plan that used to be sold years ago..way before the government got involved and changed everything.

Your perks sound great...enjoy using them.