Honored Contributor

Re: Can Mouthwashes, baby shampoo, neti pot rinses and others help kill COVID? Research article here

@CherryHugs wrote:

baby shampoo diluted to rinse with? yuck!

@CherryHugs wrote:

baby shampoo diluted to rinse with? yuck!

1% solution in your nose, not mouth.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can Mouthwashes, baby shampoo, neti pot rinses and others help kill COVID? Research article here

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

And all the while people buying up zinc and vitamin D when they could have saved their money and bought baby shampoo, Listerine and a netipot.  There was one study that cigarette smokers were less likely to have Covid.  I guess the nicotine supposedly killed it.  I think I will just stick to staying home as much as I can and taking my vitamins.

@Nonametoday @Vitamin D does affect your immune system. So does Vitamin C and zinc. Low Vitamin D level is associated with poorer outcomes for hospitalized COVID patients.*Zinc is one mineral that can be very tricky to get in the correct amounts through supplementation. Eating foods that contain it is preferred. 

Here is one of many of the studies on Vitamin D and COVID. 

"Vitamin D status and outcomes for hospitalised older patients with COVID-19" from The British Medical Journal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjN35-q087sAhUJi6wKHbrKCOoQ...

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

I've also read that if you mix hydrogen peroxide with water and put that up your nose, that works in inactivating covid.  That would sting, would it not?  Maybe someone can try it and report back.  Smiley Indifferent

I've used a nebulizer breathing in a mixture of diluted hydrogen peroxide with saline water. 

My husband makes the mixture and it's just a cool mist that you breathe in.  It doesn't burn, sting or have any smell to it.  I do it when I feel that I have been around more people than usual and nebulize for 10 - 15 minutes.  

I don't know if it works but I feel like I'm doing something that might work and it's safe in addition to the usual things we are told to do.

Peroxide was included in the study but I think it was oral peroxide. I'd have to look back to check. Plain sterile saline did not deactivate the virus when used with a neti pot. The neti pot with 1% baby shampoo solution did deactivate the virus. The exact formulation is listed in the full study. 

@Mindy D I wouldn't think that plain saline would do anything to deactivate the virus or any virus for that matter....it's good for helping with allergies.  However I'm hoping that by using a diluted hydrogen peroxide & saline solution might help somewhat.