Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can Mouthwashes, baby shampoo, neti pot rinses and others help kill COVID? Research article here

@Mindy D wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Until Dr. Fauci holds a press conference where he states unequivocally that baby shampoo, Listerine and Neti pots is the answer that we have all been looking for, to get rid of Covid, I consider these "studies" to be nothing more than hype and hogwash.

This falls under the category of "Inject Bleach to kill Covid!"

@Anonymous032819 @The study does not say that these things get rid of COVID.

Then why are you hyping this as the latest cure?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Re: Can Mouthwashes, baby shampoo, neti pot rinses and others help kill COVID? Research article here

[ Edited ]

off topic @KaySD if you add baking soda to non-idonized salt (1 part soda, 3 parts salt) you can avoid this discomfort. I use neti pot daily, more often if experiencing sinus issues.  i keep a small container with soda and salt combined and add 1/2 tsp to filtered and boiled water.   Really believe neti pot use has alleviated sinus infections and made ragweed season more bearable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And all the while people buying up zinc and vitamin D when they could have saved their money and bought baby shampoo, Listerine and a netipot.  There was one study that cigarette smokers were less likely to have Covid.  I guess the nicotine supposedly killed it.  I think I will just stick to staying home as much as I can and taking my vitamins.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

And all the while people buying up zinc and vitamin D when they could have saved their money and bought baby shampoo, Listerine and a netipot.  There was one study that cigarette smokers were less likely to have Covid.  I guess the nicotine supposedly killed it.  I think I will just stick to staying home as much as I can and taking my vitamins.

Yep.

Another day, another hyped "study" with the claim of curing Covid.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

I understand the concern about dyes, but since the mouthwash is not swallowed, the impact of dye may be minimal. Anyway, if it works for covid, I'll use it.

Honored Contributor

I really do not understand  what one is to do with this , what is the purpose, if we are not to use it ,in a  rinse?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

The New York Times also covered this study and the thorough debunking of the notion that these hygiene products create a preventive barrier for Covid spread. This is worth reading because it directly and factually explains the original study and consummate commentary against the study in the scientific community. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/health/covid-mouthwash.html?

Honored Contributor

I suppose the shot of vodka idea would work if you gargled with it first.  

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

The New York Times also covered this study and the thorough debunking of the notion that these hygiene products create a preventive barrier for Covid spread. This is worth reading because it directly and factually explains the original study and consummate commentary against the study in the scientific community. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/health/covid-mouthwash.html?

Thanks for posting.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

The title alone is a funny.  Off to snort mouthwash, rinse with baby shampoo and second rinse with a neti pot.  RIP