Respected Contributor

Can Anyone Recommend A Vegan Cookbook?

I am trying to consume less meat and dairy and eggs and  have some meat free recipes it would be nice to actually have a cookbook for some more ideas. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Vegan Cookbook?

@cuddlesmama  I had a co-worker who followed Vegan several years ago.  I got her a book called The Veganomicon.  She seemed to like it.  I see there is a 10th annaversary edition out.  Maybe check it out at the library.

Honored Contributor

I have Vegan for Everybody which I think is by America's Test Kitchen.  Not too horrible with ingredients or prep.  My sister actually got a copy off of Ebay for herself after thumbing through it.  

Valued Contributor

Vegan burgers and burritos by Sophia DeSantis

The Colorful Kitchen by Ilene Moreno

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the Happy Herbivore cookbooks and blog by Lindsay Nixon.  Most of her recipes are simple and easy.  I have her original, The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, and her Everyday Happy Herbivore.  Both are very good.

I was looking for egg free breakfasts and ended up liking her other offerings.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Linda McCartney's Home Cooking vegetarian cookbook.  It came out many years ago, I believe early 90's.   I was eating more vegan like back then, I really don't follow it anymore but do still make some of the recipes. Probably available on Amazon.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I like the Happy Herbivore cookbooks and blog by Lindsay Nixon.  Most of her recipes are simple and easy.  I have her original, The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, and her Everyday Happy Herbivore.  Both are very good.

I was looking for egg free breakfasts and ended up liking her other offerings.

Happy Herbivore!

Sidenote:

There are so many free resources online...sometimes the best recipes

are tucked in an ebook or YouTube video 

830F3D7F-EBEC-4645-B12A-816BE5DBFCBB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

You should probably check the Vegetarian Times website.  They have lots of recipes .... you may not need to buy a cookbook.

You might also want to subscribe to their magazine.  Worthwhile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used the original Moosewood Cookbook for years; it's still in print.  I see on Amazon that it's inspired a number of other Moosewood cookbooks; I'd love to see the one on soups.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

You should probably check the Vegetarian Times website.  They have lots of recipes .... you may not need to buy a cookbook.

You might also want to subscribe to their magazine.  Worthwhile.

@ALRATIBA  Thank YOU for mentioning this website.  Found a wonderful recipe with a sauce that I can also use on my Buddha bowls.  Squeals of glee.