Esteemed Contributor

Can Anybody Recommend A Good TENS Unit?

I would like to get one, but I looked on Amazon, and it's hard to tell which ones are worth the $, and which ones aren't.

I'd like to get one where I don't have to put a new battery in every other day.

Any rec's?

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can Anybody Recommend A Good TENS Unit?

Pure Pulse EMS and Tens unit on Amazon. Has 121 five star reviews. Not the cheapest, I think it is $99 and is on Amazon prime. I have arthritic knees and it helps, but there are many reviews with people having different ailments that like it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently bought a combo TENS/EMS unit.  Some physio places sell them.  I was advised against units like Dr. Ho.

I made an an appointment with my therapist for advice on use at my Doctor's recommendation.  

There is is a lot of information if you google reviews of best TENS and EMS units.  Good luck with your choice.  LM

PS Mine was an EV906 digital tens/ems machine.  Battery operated and plug in.

Honored Contributor

We have had a few different ones and Dr Ho's is by far the best.  I have one that is at about 20 years old and it's still working great.  I only change the batteries every few months if I use it fairly often.    

Honored Contributor

I had one ordered for me by my physical therapist for which my insurance paid.  I used it faithfully for several months but could never tell it helped.  It plugged in...no battery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I ordered a TENS 7000 last fall on ebay for under $30.00.  I always buy this exact type.  I've been wearing a TENS 24/7 for about 30 years.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I would like to get one, but I looked on Amazon, and it's hard to tell which ones are worth the $, and which ones aren't.

I'd like to get one where I don't have to put a new battery in every other day.

Any rec's?

Thanks in advance!

I personally think that it's better if you can get one on the recommendation of your doctor or a physical therapist. 

They can recommend one that is a medical grade unit, like one that would be used in a therapeutic setting, like a therapy office/doctor's treatment.

That is how I got mine, and it was programmed for my specific needs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I own two.  The first was ordered by my neuro and it was light and easy to wear.  Then the insurance company changed the supplier for my "pads" and I couldn't use the newer version since it irritated my skin,  I ordered Tony Littles "aurowave" and I'm happy with it,  the only thing is sometimes it slips out of the holder which is troublesome since it doesn't have a clip to clip onto your clothing.

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

I own two.  The first was ordered by my neuro and it was light and easy to wear.  Then the insurance company changed the supplier for my "pads" and I couldn't use the newer version since it irritated my skin,  I ordered Tony Littles "aurowave" and I'm happy with it,  the only thing is sometimes it slips out of the holder which is troublesome since it doesn't have a clip to clip onto your clothing.

I was given one from my doctor about a month ago. It is OK but, if I continue to need one for long, I think I will get the Tony Little one, too. It looks and sounds much nicer. I am not sure if he has more than one model but the one I saw has different size patches, different length cords, more options.  I like the idea that the pads do not use gel and don't need to be replaced.