Regular Contributor

Re: Came Down With The Flu Saturday Night

I hope you feel better soon.

Hubby and I both got it in Nov. (right before Thanksgiving) and I didn't leave the house for two weeks. He felt alittle better in a few days and went to a Dr. appt. he already had for something else but basically we just stayed inside, tried to drink fluids and rested.

I think it's best not to go to work too soon. (if you can)

Take care

Super Contributor

A few years ago, when the H1N1 strain of the flu was new, not in the standard flu shot, and the special one was scarce, I came down with it. Awful chills, body ache, exhaustion, etc. It was such an effort to even try to get enough fluids. I seem to remember it was around 2 weeks before I ventured out of the house.

I'll send good thoughts your way. Take care of yourself!

Contributor

I am so sorry! I got it Sunday b4 Christmas and I was out of commission for 3 wks. Daughter has it now for 2 1/2 weeks. She also has asthma...so healing is sloooowwww and complications are likely. I went to dr once, dd went twice. He called today and said the chest xray shows pneumonia! So secondary issues are making her sicker (she also has a double ear infection, nasty cough, low grade fever for 14 days and she vomited 3 nights in a row due to congestion and coughing...she is 22 yrs old..she is a hurting unit!) Dr gave her rx antibiotic and pred. on Friday when we saw him. She is feeling much better maybe 55% better. This is a long recovery from what I understand....OHHHHH yeah, and we both got the flu shot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel better soon!

Trusted Contributor

I have had it six weeks! Back to doc tomorrow for a chest X-ray. I was down for a good two weeks. Can't get rid of the cough,breathing sometimes laboured. I've had a zpac. This is not something to mess with. I'm normally very healthy and only go to doc once a yr for physical.
Super Contributor

no butterfly we have not had the flu. our family all makes certain and does get influenza vaccine every year and since we began doing this we have not been sick with influenza. i am sorry you are sick. please do rest and if possibly stay home until not contagious. be well. (-:

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2014 violann said:
On 1/27/2014 Butterfly12 said:

Thanks everyone I am going to call my Dr and see if she can see me today for some time off from work.Everyone I work with has been sick.

I believe the window on the anti-flu medicine may make it worthwhile for you to receive it, but don't expect it to make you well. I had the flu in 1999 and it took me weeks to get over the lingering symptoms even though I began taking the antiviral within 12 hours of the initial chills and bone pain. Hope you're feeling much better ASAP.

My Dr. gave me this week off and if I still don't feel well after that she said call her back.I am so glad as I am so fatigued.

Contributor

On 1/27/2014 Dawnie said: I have had it six weeks! Back to doc tomorrow for a chest X-ray. I was down for a good two weeks. Can't get rid of the cough,breathing sometimes laboured. I've had a zpac. This is not something to mess with. I'm normally very healthy and only go to doc once a yr for physical.

wow....kinda good to know! i still have the cough (tho to a lesser degree). dr gave me a zpac in case i needed it but i just do not want to take it willy nilly. i am feeling better just really tired, but i have ms too {#emotions_dlg.angry} so hard to tell if the fatigue is ms related or flu related or both! you are correct, dawnie, this is NOTHING to mess with! i was taking my dd to the er in the middle of the night if her lungs were shutting down. *sigh* hate being sick!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2014 violann said:

Thanks everyone I am going to call my Dr and see if she can see me today for some time off from work.Everyone I work with has been sick.

I believe the window on the anti-flu medicine may make it worthwhile for you to receive it, but don't expect it to make you well. I had the flu in 1999 and it took me weeks to get over the lingering symptoms even though I began taking the antiviral within 12 hours of the initial chills and bone pain. Hope you're feeling much better ASAP.

My Dr. gave me this week off and if I still don't feel well after that she said call her back.I am so glad as I am so fatigued.

Rest and feel better soon.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

Hope you feel better soon. When I had it a few years ago, I couldn't get out of bed hardly. And when it hit, it hit fast. I could hardly walk up the stairs to bed. It's horrible horrible. Chills, fever, body felt like I'd been beaten with a bat. Lasted at least a week.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

My sister had it, went to dr., got some kind of RX for it, and was still sick for over a week. Then, she over did it, and had a relapse. She used the same words you did- "wiped out and exhausted."

I just read that your dr have you the rest of the week off-Thank Goodness, try to rest and I hope you are feeling better soon.