Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01

I'm sorry that file made your feet rough. Did you use the smoothing side of the file, too? The side w/o the bumps is suppose to help smooth away the roughness made from the bumpy rough side.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee      I must thank you for recommending this file.  I picked one up in Ulta and it is fantastic!  The best thing to smooth my rough heels.  It even has a tiny file hidden in the handle.  Works better than the battery operated Emjoi I has been using.

I am starting the new hear off with smooth feet!  Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

@SilleeMee      I must thank you for recommending this file.  I picked one up in Ulta and it is fantastic!  The best thing to smooth my rough heels.  It even has a tiny file hidden in the handle.  Works better than the battery operated Emjoi I has been using.

I am starting the new hear off with smooth feet!  Highly recommend.

@PinkyPetunia,

You're welcome. Woman Happy I'm so happy that you got this file! ...and NO batteries needed ever!

Respected Contributor

Nope...shoes are not the problem.  I literally wear sandles all summer long and this did not become a problem till October or so...  I have not worn heals or pointy shoes in years...so back to the podiatrist for treatment...

Honored Contributor

I use my Emjoi at least once per week to keep the build up down.  You can also use Kerasal every night.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I understand about not wanting surgery, but sometimes that is the best and only option to stop the pain.  When I had such a bad meniscus tear, I told my ortho that I could not live with the pain, and that is when I had surgery.  I have had acupuncture and I hated it, maybe even moreso that my knee surgery.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Kerasal is for toe nail fungus.  How does this help a callus? 

Honored Contributor
@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have a callus on the side/bottom of my large toe and it gets sore and uncomfortable if I go barefoot or wear socks. Usually not a problem wearing shoes.  Went to a podiatrist and he said it is caused by pressure from bone under the toe.  He shaved off some of the dead skin and said it will feel better for a short while (it does). Surgery was an option but I like to avoid it if possible.  ANy thoughts on this?  Would acupuncture work on this type of condition?

@bargainsgirl 

A bit of information you may not want, or need.  As we age, those lovely, cushioning, fat pads on the bottoms of our feet wear away.  Think of a baby’s soft, fat feet.  Without them, the bones of our feet put more and more pressure on the skin between them and your shoe, or the ground, thus calluses!  

At any rate, the calluses can be surgically removed, and some of your own fat, if you have any, can even be inserted, but that too will eventually wear away.

You’ve gotten some good advice here about shoes, and reducing the calluses.  In order to help cut down on the amount of pressure you might want to check out toe, or shoe pads.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl,They have different preparations for different foot problems.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Callus on big toe

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl,They have different preparations for different foot problems.

and....lol......... I have read in many places that callus' are formed from foot fungus,so,even though I don't think i have foot fungus, I have tried this and it helps a lot. I just forget to use it.  Smiley Happy

edited to add,sorry for the shouting had to figure out how it got there,sorry