Honored Contributor

Re: Call I just got from a Walgreens pharmacist

Many health insurers check which medications people are on routinely, and send them mail/handouts with suggestions or info on how to get healthier by trying something new.  I guess some are calling people now.  Easy, say no thanks, hang up.

OP - did this caller demand that you start a statin, or simply say "you might want to check with your doctor?" 

Honored Contributor

The results are in!!!!!!!! After getting half the story and having posters arguing with one another regarding pharmacist's credentials. It has become clear that this is a insurance issue and the call was not from the pharmacist but the home office of OP's pharmacy!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44. There is merit to everything you said.  My response was based on what was said in the original post, which turned out to be a bit different.  You made some good points.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

The results are in!!!!!!!! After getting half the story and having posters arguing with one another regarding pharmacist's credentials. It has become clear that this is a insurance issue and the call was not from the pharmacist but the home office of OP's pharmacy!

@JaneMarple

I need a nap.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple  And pulled from a diabetes website.  I really don't like to see posters being taken in.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just once, I'd like to see the posters who have such an issue with the OP stay off her threads.  Some of the snarky responses right off the bat make them look more childish and ridiculous than they think the OP is. 

It's like all those who flock to the LR threads and then complain about the LR threads started by the same poster.

Same concept.  Different OP.      

Yeah I know the OP gets bent and typically gives half a story then reveals the rest later, which is annoying.   But sometimes you just have to laugh at the antics.  You gotta admit, sometimes her threads bring out other good information.  LOL

As long as their weren't dogs in the pharmacy, it's all good to me.

Oh and I'm sure this was a typo, but Walgreens is headquartered in Illinois, not Indiana.  

Honored Contributor

And what next, they aren't going to refill your metformin unless you bring in a script for the statin or have a note from the doctor saying that you don't need it?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Just once, I'd like to see the posters who have such an issue with the OP stay off her threads.  Some of the snarky responses right off the bat make them look more childish and ridiculous than they think the OP is. 

It's like all those who flock to the LR threads and then complain about the LR threads started by the same poster.

Same concept.  Different OP.      

Yeah I know the OP gets bent and typically gives half a story then reveals the rest later, which is annoying.   But sometimes you just have to laugh at the antics.  You gotta admit, sometimes her threads bring out other good information.  LOL

As long as their weren't dogs in the pharmacy, it's all good to me.

Oh and I'm sure this was a typo, but Walgreens is headquartered in Illinois, not Indiana.  

@Lipstickdiva

I think the dogs are in the back filling the prescription bottles.

They just don't come up front to answer questions and they don't generally make calls from headquarters.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I give the OP’s threads an A for getting people bent out of shape.  They’re always entertaining

Walgreens is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois    😊

Honored Contributor

I have used Walgreens for years and the pharmacist will call me directly when they need to speak with me.  They don't need to go through corporate.

I have a problem with this. I just think it's overstepping and as a Walgreens customer, it annoys me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN