Honored Contributor

Re: Calcium supplement for Osteoporosis?

I was diagnosed with osteopenia several years ago. I have been taking bamboo silica extract powder for many years after that and now my bone density is normal. I'm not making a medical claim but if you do the research about silica then you'll find some credible info.

Honored Contributor

@Bixa2805 wrote:
My Mother’s Dr. is the person who suggested the Citracal which has talc in it. She was never on prescription meds. I am basically looking for something to replace the Citracal because of the talc in it. Her Dr. is of no help because he is ok with the Citracal.

Calcium supplements are useless...and possibly harmful.

Just research it.

If the Dr. is trusted enough to follow the not-effective supplement

recommendation, why isn't the brand recommendation

taken as gospel, as well? 

Honored Contributor

I take a combo of Calcium Carbonate, magnesium, K2 and D3, seems to be a magic formula for me, my DEXA scans have barely changed in the last 16 years. 

Honored Contributor

Does she have osteoporosis or osteopenia?  The treatment for osteoporosis is one of the osteoporosis medicines.  Why has her doctor not prescribed one?

I have osteoporosis and get Prolia injections every six months.  My osteoporosis has improved significantly.  I do take calcium supplements but always have.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee May I ask what brand you use and how you take it, eg mixed in something?

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@SilleeMee May I ask what brand you use and how you take it, eg mixed in something?

@tucsongal 

I buy the Bulksupplements (that's one word) brand of bamboo silica extract powder from Amazon. Dose is one heaping 1/4-teaspoon daily. The powder is white and fluffy, has no flavor and is somewhat gritty buy not bad. I mix it into my daily 'green' drink. It will mix into most any kind of drink...whatever is your favorite or just plain water. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

@tucsongal 

I buy the Bulksupplements (that's one word) brand of bamboo silica extract powder from Amazon. Dose is one heaping 1/4-teaspoon daily. The powder is white and fluffy, has no flavor and is somewhat gritty buy not bad. I mix it into my daily 'green' drink. It will mix into most any kind of drink...whatever is your favorite or just plain water. Woman Happy

———————————

Thank you 🙂