Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

New studies have just come out on Calcium.  I think they say it is overkill and might even not be safe.  I will find it and post.  

Found it but cannot copy and paste...

So google

STUDIES FIND LITTLE BENEFIT WITH CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS  

@bonnielu

I posted it on the October TS thread.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

So many calcium supplements come in tablets of 600 mg each, so I take one at 2 different times of the day, so if 100 mg at a time are not getting absorbed, then so be it.

Honored Contributor

Calcium works for me, my bone density has held pretty steady for the last 12 years from age 51 to 63. I also take D3, magnesium and K.

Honored Contributor

I've long said I think some of these vitamins are unnecessary.  I cannot imagine how taxing it is on the liver to take the amount of vitamins Andrew takes and some of the hosts claim to take. 

I think before anyone starts taking something like Vitamin D, they need to have their levels checked to see what they should be taking.   

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 Apologize for breaking in on your great calcium and magnesium recap, but I was curious if you knew anything about next weekend's host picks of Lessman's products. They at least talked about the chocolate product for December, but unless I missed it, I don't have a clue what next weekend's products will be. Was there any clue that you picked up on?

@World Traveler , lol it's all good. Smiley Happy

Andrew won't have a new Procaps Today's Special TV broadcast until January 2016. -- Generally these are the standard TS values offered in January: 

* Secure Meal Replacement which is frequently bundled with Carnislim (the capsule form of Carnitine) 

* Glucosamine/Chondroitin

* Circulation & Vein Support (diosmin)

Last January he bundled Glucosamine/Chondroitin with Turmeric/Ginger, but he may choose a different supplement to bundle it with this this time.

Last time Circulation & Vein Support was bundled with an antioxidant blend (maybe resveratrol and ECGC, but ti dont' remember the exact formulation). 

___

During this past weekend's shows, on several occasions, Andrew mentioned that he really enjoyed the September online show and that he plans to do another on in about a month (so maybe around the middle of November).

In past years, he has sometimes done telephone segments from Nevada (or Colorado) in November and offered mini sizes of either 8 or 16 top supplements. I think the price has usually been around $80 or $160.  That is because some of the included supplements are the more expensive ones such as CoQ10 and Ultimate Eye Support. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@World Traveler

I'm watching an Encore this morning and for the HHS&N, Colleen is laughing that they gave her her Host Pick chart vs the chart for this visit with the pricing.  The pricing is the same today as it was for her Host Pick.  I'm sure it will be the same Host Pick again for her.  That's her Holy Grail supplement.

I think Shannon is a big PC Liver and Brain person.  She raves about that one.

Bobbi Ray may have one as she is on with Andrew sometimes, she did the first live remote from Vegas.

@VaBelle35 yup, Colleen loves her HHSN and Shannon lives for the PC granules. I think Shannon developed a medical condition a few years back that the PC granules provide support for. She alluded to this for several years before she finally stopped hinting about it.

I haven't seen Bobbie Ray or Cathy(?) Wolfe hosting one of Andrew's shows for quite a while. I'd much prefer either of them over Shannon. lol, I'd prefer Lincoln over Shannon. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

So many calcium supplements come in tablets of 600 mg each, so I take one at 2 different times of the day, so if 100 mg at a time are not getting absorbed, then so be it.

@Shelbelle it's actually a bit more complicated than that. 

Calcium and Magnesium (as well as Iron) are all covalent ions. -- This is why there is an upper limit on how much Calcium to consume in a single dose. 

Due to their chemical properties, when you take more than the per meal dosage... less calcium is actually absorbed. 

I'm making these numbers up to make my point clearer...

* if you take 500mg calcium (the upper threshold) then 500mg gets absorbed.

* but if you take 600mg calcium, then perhaps your body might only absorb 400mg.

* and if you take 700mg, then maybe your body only absorbs 350mg. 

The numbers are made up examples but, hopefully, clarify what I'm trying to explain. 

When you take more than the per serving dosage, the extra calcium fights with the regular dose of calcium. The result being that not even 500mg gets absorbed. 

You may have heard nutritionists recommending that calcium and iron not be taken at the same time. -- That's because, if you take them together, then neither of them gets properly absorbed. 

Also, Andrew recommends that most people only supplement with 500mg of calcium daily. This is because so many processed/prepared foods have calcium hidden in them. Two easy examples of this are orange juice and milk. Not only do they have extra unwanted calcium added, but I'm guessing that it's low grade and not that bioavailable.

Most supplements are pretty straightforward to take, but taking calcium effectively requires a bit of heavy lifting. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 Apologize for breaking in on your great calcium and magnesium recap, but I was curious if you knew anything about next weekend's host picks of Lessman's products. They at least talked about the chocolate product for December, but unless I missed it, I don't have a clue what next weekend's products will be. Was there any clue that you picked up on?

Andrew won't have a new Procaps Today's Special TV broadcast until January 2016. -- Generally these are the standard TS values offered in January: 

* Secure Meal Replacement which is frequently bundled with Carnislim (the capsule form of Carnitine) 

Last January he bundled Glucosamine/Chondroitin with Turmeric/Ginger, but he may choose a different supplement to bundle it with this this time.

Last time Circulation & Vein Support was bundled with an antioxidant blend (maybe resveratrol and ECGC, but ti dont' remember the exact formulation). 

___

During this past weekend's shows, on several occasions, Andrew mentioned that he really enjoyed the September online show and that he plans to do another on in about a month (so maybe around the middle of November).

In past years, he has sometimes done telephone segments from Nevada (or Colorado) in November and offered mini sizes of either 8 or 16 top supplements. I think the price has usually been around $80 or $160.  That is because some of the included supplements are the more expensive ones such as CoQ10 and Ultimate Eye Support. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Do you remember anything about chocolate.....my passion next to traveling? ha!  Maybe that was the meal replacement you were mentioning.

Honored Contributor

Bebe, thanks for taking the time to explain. I have been taking Bone Care from Puritans Pride for many years now, it is 600 mg, but also contains Mag, D3,  and K, it really is a great formula, and has done good by me. I am very grateful not to have to resort to Fosamax or any other drugs.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

___

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Do you remember anything about chocolate.....my passion next to traveling? ha!  Maybe that was the meal replacement you were mentioning.

@World Traveler lol, from what Andrew said, he's got a chocolateproduct in the works. But from the way he described his focus, I think it's a way down the road. Everyone's gotten on the chocolate antioxidant bandwagon but without really giving serious consideration to the key ingredients involved (so it's a lot of smoke and mirrors). I doubt Andrew will come out with something until he feels it fills a read nutirtional void... lol, and tastes really good, Smiley Wink

His CholestaCare was originally supposed to be added to chocolate, until he realized how beneficial it would be when added to his Ultimate Oatmeal and Oat Bran.

Below is some additional info that Andrew shared during his recent shows. -- bebe Smiley Happy

______

HOST PICK IN OCTOBER

In October, Colleen’s host pick will be an Andrew Lessman product.

UPCOMING HSN TV as well as ONLINE SHOWS IN NOVEMBER 

During his most recent visit, Andrew mentioned how much he enjoyed his recent September 13th online show. He said that he plans to have another online show in about a month (which would be mid November). 

In past years, Andrew has done remote segments (and maybe a few shows) in either late November or early December. Generally the special offer (it’s not a TS) has been 30 or 60 capsule sizes of some of his top supplements. He’s done 8-bottle (around $80) and 16-bottle (around $160) holiday specials. — A number of the supplements included are the more expensive supplements such as CoQ10 and Ultimate Eye. It gives people a chance to try a cross-section of Andrew’s top supplements.

UPCOMING PROCAPS LABS TS VALUES — 2016

Omega-3 — “there’ll be a TS probably in April or May 2016.” — for the past few years Andrew has done the TS on the Maximum Essential Omega-3 product.

Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails (HHSN) — “there’s not a TS until the second half of 2016.” — (my guess would be probably in July 2016 because that is when Andrew traditionally does his HHSN TS).

Calcium/Magnesium Intensive Care & Vitamin D — Because of the sizes here, it's likely going to be more than year before we do this today's special again. So I suspect this today's special it will be at least 15 to 18 months from now and probably NOT a year from now. These supplements Will probably not be in another TS until sometime in 2017 because, basically, even if you took two vitamin D capsules daily that would give you enough vitamin D for about a year and a half. — Given the sizes available in the TS, Andrew does not think that these products will be available as a TS for the next year and half.  Both of these products are incredibly stable, So you don't have to worry about potency.

MURIEL’S NEW YOUTUBE COOKING CHANNEL — EATING WELL WITH MURIEL 

Muriel has a new YouTube cooking channel called Eating Well with Muriel. She is doing YouTube cooking videos with Andrews niece, Chloe. All summer they've been shooting cooking videos on YouTube. A new one has been added to YouTube today (October 4th) with Andrew in the kitchen along with his dog, Lincoln. — From Muriel: don't forget to subscribe and click the red button.

________