Honored Contributor

Calcium & Magnesium

[ Edited ]

Calcium/Magnesium — General Information from Andrew

Calcium Daily Dosage

A lot of doctors recommend that people take 1500 mg, 2000 mg, or even 2500 mg of calcium daily. Andrew does not think that does daily dosages are appropriate. He thinks the more appropriate approach is to manage vitamin D levels and take more like 500 mg to 1000 mg of calcium daily.

You never take more than 500 mg of calcium at a time. If you take any more than that, you will not absorb it and you will not benefit from it. The science is clear. So you have to Break up your calcium intake throughout the day. Andrew suggests taking a couple capsules of his calcium daily (one at each of several meals). In his Calcium/ Magnesium Intensive Care, each calcium capsule is 250 mg of calcium so, at most, take three or four capsules daily. 

Beyond that, Andrew recommends the vitamin K2/MK7 which maximizes the benefits of the calcium, the magnesium, and the vitamin D. That really achieves you the ideal cardiovascular and skeletal approach.

Honored Contributor

Calcium and Bone Health

We need calcium for our bones. When you're young you needed it to retain and maintain, and what do you build when you are young is what you have to hold onto. It's sort of a savings account you create for later in life.

As we get older, we need to hold onto calcium as much as we can. So it's critical that we make sure that we have an adequate intake of calcium and magnesium throughout our lives. And then, we need to have the vitamin D because, without that, we can't absorb the calcium that we need. 

With regard to vitamin K2/MK7, in terms of the relationship between various systems in our body, there are systems where we want high levels of calcium to be retained and other systems where we do not want high levels of calcium present (e.g. arterial walls). K2/MK7 is the traffic cop that determines that calcium stays where it should and doesn't go where it shouldn’t. 

Calcium and the Skeletal System

We can't maintain our skeletons as we age without calcium.

Honored Contributor

Solubility of Calcium/Magnesium Intensive Care

These capsules are small capsules, soft capsules with an ultra fine powder. Because calcium and magnesium are inherently insoluble – because they are essentially mineral rocks – you make a rock when you make a tablet out of it. — This product will not cause any stomach upset or any repeat because it will not sit at the bottom of your stomach and irritate it.

Calcium is technically considered technically and scientifically to be a metal. Metals typically aren't soluble. Calcium and magnesium are not terribly soluble. – So why someone would put them in a rock hard tablet makes no sense especially since these ingredients are delivered to the manufacturers as wonderful fine powders perfect for delivering to you. But because it's more costly to put them in a capsule as Procaps Labs does. It's more costly to even do so without additives (as Procaps Labs does): both of these products are 100% pure.

Honored Contributor

Soothing Effect of Calcium

There is actually a little bit of calcium/magnesium in the Night Time formula because these minerals are soothing to the body. Calcium, potassium, sodium, and magnesium are the minerals that are considered the four electrolytes. And they tend to be soothing and relaxing for our muscles. For example, in our reviews, people talk about how when they take the the calcium/magnesium at night that that their muscle cramping has gone away.

Honored Contributor

Calcium, M2/MK7 and Vitamin D

You can't absorb calcium without sufficient vitamin D. An intelligent approach to calcium supplementation isn't to take megadoses and thousands and thousands of milligrams of calcium. It's too take reasonable levels of high quality calcium and then make sure that you have adequate levels of vitamin D to absorb it, because you can't absorb the calcium without vitamin D. You can take all the calcium in the world but you can't absorb it without adequate levels of vitamin D.

Also, it's better to take calcium with magnesium which is why we have our Calcium/Magnesium Intensive Care product.

And if you really are focusing on your skeleton, there's been some research on calcium and the health of our arteries. If you really want to support the health of your arteries when you're having a regime with calcium and vitamin D, then you also need to supplement with vitamin M2/MK7. That is by far the most important form of vitamin K that we could ever contemplate ingesting

This is sort of the trio when it comes to ideally supporting your skeleton and ideally supporting cardiovascular health: vitamin D, Calcium/magnesium, and vitamin M2/MK7.

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 Apologize for breaking in on your great calcium and magnesium recap, but I was curious if you knew anything about next weekend's host picks of Lessman's products. They at least talked about the chocolate product for December, but unless I missed it, I don't have a clue what next weekend's products will be. Was there any clue that you picked up on?

Honored Contributor

Re: Calcium & Magnesium

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

I'm watching an Encore this morning and for the HHS&N, Colleen is laughing that they gave her her Host Pick chart vs the chart for this visit with the pricing.  The pricing is the same today as it was for her Host Pick.  I'm sure it will be the same Host Pick again for her.  That's her Holy Grail supplement.

I think Shannon is a big PC Liver and Brain person.  She raves about that one.

Bobbi Ray may have one as she is on with Andrew sometimes, she did the first live remote from Vegas.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

New studies have just come out on Calcium.  I think they say it is overkill and might even not be safe.  I will find it and post.  

Found it but cannot copy and paste...

So google

STUDIES FIND LITTLE BENEFIT WITH CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used incorrectly, just about anything can be a problem.

All the advice over past decades to take massive doses of calcium - and nothing else along with it - added to poor quality horse pills that goes largely unused/absorbed...yep, that can be unhealthy. 

People using Andrew's high quality supplements have generally been educated on the correct amount to take. And most take the correct minerals/vitamins along with it. And it is in a form that is good with no junk ingredients. So, dangerous? No. Harmful? No. Unhealthy? No. 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@World Traveler

I'm watching an Encore this morning and for the HHS&N, Colleen is laughing that they gave her her Host Pick chart vs the chart for this visit with the pricing.  The pricing is the same today as it was for her Host Pick.  I'm sure it will be the same Host Pick again for her.  That's her Holy Grail supplement.

I think Shannon is a big PC Liver and Brain person.  She raves about that one.

Bobbi Ray may have one as she is on with Andrew sometimes, she did the first live remote from Vegas.

Oh, okay! Smiley Happy  Thanks!