Honored Contributor

Re: CVS pulls Zantac over cancer fears!

@rms1954 That's your choice of course. I love my PCP and oncologist. I've never had the flu nor any reactions from flu shots and other vaccines.

I thank GOD for doctors. Otherwise cancer would have killed me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

Actually I never get heartburn.lol...........

I have not had it or what I thought maybe was heartburn about 4/5 yrs ago,maybe more and not had it since.

but like I said ,it worked great..........

I'm  not a dr person ....lol.....have not been to my (  sadly retired) dr's  office in 5 yrs since he retired   Smiley Sad  ...............He was the only Dr. in my life since I was in my teens <3  I'm now 82

may I add...THANK GOD ,I do not need him (yet)  ..........   Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

It may seem counter-intutive but Ive used Apple Cider Viegar diluted in warm water to help gastric problems. I also believe in taking yogurt/kefir and pro-biotics to aide digestion.  

Esteemed Contributor

was taking ranitidine for the past 15 yrs.   last year started on dexilant for Barrett's esophagus plus ranitidine at bedtime.   I'm worried about all this talk on the news and recalling the generic but didn't hear that the brand name Zantac was actually recalled.   I think I'll speak to my pharmacist tomorrow and my dr to see what they have to say.  This is worrisome but I've always thought that every prescription drug you take there is a little bit of poison and I still  feel that way.   It may be helping but it's also hurting in some other way.  Unfortunately I need to take the medications .

Honored Contributor

If i don't take my two Zantac  a day, I can't eat.  There's no way I'd ever eat a Keto diet, nuteitionally unbalanced and very dangerous. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  YES! I MUST take my prescription acid blocker every day or I suffer severe consequences. Found this out when I ended up in the ER a year ago due to this.

Honored Contributor

I was in the hospital several years ago for three weeks due to two serious surgeries. My pain was minimal and I took the occasional Tylenol. I refused heavy duty stuff they brought me continually because I was not in much pain. When I was being discharged, they brought a gallon-sized ziplock bag with 15 bottles of various prescription drugs. When I got home. I found two antibiotics that I knew I needed to take....and threw everything else away. I think drs are glorified drug pushers in many cases.
Respected Contributor

I read that the amount of potentially cargonegic material is equivalent to that of smoked meats.  Many people eat bacon and saussage for decades. The scrutiny may be warranted but I dont think people should panic if theyve been taking this drug for years or even decades.

Honored Contributor

I eat a tums smoothie when I go to bed. That’s all I will use.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If i don't take my two Zantac  a day, I can't eat.  There's no way I'd ever eat a Keto diet, nuteitionally unbalanced and very dangerous. 

@Kachina624  Same for me ,   I have to take it at night .  As far as the keto diet ...NO way ,  I feel as you do that it is unbalanced ,  all foods in moderation , but not just one food group that is unhealthy IMO.    I would be so miserable and cranky without my carbs lol. My DH would leave me LOL.