Esteemed Contributor

Please trust your doctor and have the scan. 

Super Contributor

A CT saved my life.  I had a "migraine" for 3 days....on  the 4th day, I was really nauseous and just too sick to get up.  My dil came by and took one look at me and said we are going to the dr.  Went to the dr and told her I was just having a migraine (which I have a hx of).  She asked me had I ever had a cat scan to diagnose the migraines.  I told her no, but  drs had always dx me with migraines based on my  symptoms.  She decided to do a cat scan on me right then.  The ct showed I had a rare blood clot called a cerebral venous thrombosis.  Only 1500 people in the country get this time of clot a year.  Within 2 hours of being in the drs office I was in ICU.  They treated me with heparin and I'm alive.  If I had not gone to the dr, I probably would have had a brain hemmorhage and would not be here today.  It's been over a year ago, and I thank God every day for the dr who insisted I have a ct.

Go have the ct.  It could save your life.  

Esteemed Contributor

@moon_gazer, oh I am so glad. I hope that the headaches do not return. And thank you for letting us know.

Honored Contributor

Please do what your doctor said. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: CT Scans For Headaches

[ Edited ]

@moon_gazer,

I did not know how terrible a real headache could be until I started having them. There are more than 200 kinds of headaches and they are a real challenge for most neurologists. Remember to ask for an eye mask or bring one because you will not be able to open your eyes or move, the worse part are the noises particularly if you are having an episode. The fact is that your dr. Will see everything that is going on in your beautiful brain🌻